Having problems with Caligeeks?

Caligeeks reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 31, 2019. The latest review Software Tech Support was posted on Jun 17, 2021. The latest complaint Roku tv set up fee was resolved on Jan 05, 2021. Caligeeks has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 15 reviews. Caligeeks has resolved 5 complaints.

Caligeeks Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 436 0333 (Software Support)
+1 844 342 7444 (Software Support)
4550 West Buckingham Road
Garland, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Caligeeks Customer Service. Initial Caligeeks complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Caligeeks above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Caligeeks. Discuss the issues you have had with Caligeeks and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Caligeeks Complaints & Reviews

CaligeeksSoftware Tech Support

Purchased support and software from Techgeekx for years with complete satisfaction. I called on 3/6/2020, they told me they changed their name to Caligeeks and must pay $249 for 3 year software tech support, which I did. Shortly after that the Pandemic hit, they vanished, called them several times with no one responding. Recently received an email message from them, I called and talked to Adam about an Outlook problem, he demanded more money to upgrade my system with a long explanation that was completely meaningless. Asked to speak to a manager, he said he was the manager, and no one higher to speak to.
Bottom line, they are grabbing any amount of money they can get, and will not help until you pay.
Very disappointed.

CaligeeksRoku

In January 2020 I searched for Roku when I bought a Tv and somehow got your site. When I talked to someone they told me the only way I could watch Roku was to pay you. I have since found out that this is untrue and fraud. I paid believing I had to. Invoice #29964 dated 1/27/20.

I would like a refund. Please respond to [protected]@hotmail.com

Respond

CaligeeksRoku tv set up fee

While setting up my new roku tv I went to set up amazon prime and I received a code and told to contact a 188 number it was caligeeks inc and they said I had to pay a one time fee (170.00) said it was an Amazon security feature which later i found out is [censored]. They said I wouldn't be to sign on until I did. I would like my money back

Jeff Hogan

RESOLVED

• Caligeeks's response · Jan 08, 2021

Hello Hogan,

We are deeply sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience that you are not satisfied with the services.

We've processed your refund for $129.99 which was charged, and you should expect to see the amount appear in your bank account in the next 3-5 business days.
          Refund transaction ID - [protected]

Let us know if you have any more queries, comments, or concerns at our email [email protected] or you can reach us at [protected].
          We hope to connect with you again in the near future.

Regards,
          Caligeeks INC.

CaligeeksRoku registration account

On 11/25/2020 I went to set up my Roku account on my TV. It displayed that my account was temporarily locked to call this phone number. So I called the phone number to set up my Roku account. They told me I had to pay $54.99 to register my account. Found out Roku does not charge anything to set up Roku account. Called 11/30/20 and they told me they would refund my money. Have only been refunded $30. Called again 12/03/20. They said they would refund me the rest. Have not received my refund as of 12/07/20. Found out thru BBB that this company is a third party. Nothing to do with Roku. Please get my money back.

CaligeeksRoku account setup

On November 10th 2020 I went to set up my Roku account on my TV it displayed that my account was temporarily locked to call this phone number so I called the phone number to set up my Roku account they told me I had to pay $76.99 for five years of my Roku found out Roku does not charge anything to set your account up this was a scam please get my money back

Sep 26, 2020

Caligeeks — Charge for service they claimed to be roku

CaliGeeks, Inc Caligeek hacked my TV. Stopped video from showing and stated if we did not pay them due to new...

CaligeeksMisrepresentation of roku

I called a number for roku to do an update on my tv. These scammers told me I had to do an update to 4k on my tv to get it to work. He did the update and it did work no denying that. It is a free update. I was the. To, d it was 179.00 for 20 devices forever or 100.00 for 1 for five. I thought about it for awhile and did some checking and found out that roku does not charge. He rooked me out of 179.00 why the heck do people feel it is okay to steal other people's money. They are thieves! Nothing less. Preying on people who may not totally understand everything. He was smart. Logged into my tv. Had the documents. Talked a good game. Well I know one thing they are thieves. Nothing else!...

Dear Cook

As per your last conversation with us, we have initiated a refund of $179.99 on your card. The amount will be credited to your bank account within 3-5 business working days.

In case of any help please feel free to reach us at [protected] or you can email us at [email protected]

CaligeeksWas charge $89.99 for a so call registration fee

I was unable to proceed in installing our roku device unless i paid a fee for the amount listed and i signed a document for the service which was very unclear was service they were providing me with on 01-29-2020 the #they gave me to provide when i needed tech support is cg30175 and the tech support # is [protected]. This is a complete scam and i want my money return back before we take legal action. We have contacted roku and they confirmed they do not charge activation fee at all. Name under anthony luna and email is [protected]@gmail.Com please get back to me on this matter

Dear Luna

As per your last conversation with us, we already initiated a refund of $89.99 on 1st Feb 2020 on your card. The amount is already credited to your account.

CaligeeksRoku

I was updating my Roku and a screen came up on TV saying to call for help. I had to go on smartphone to enter code. That's when the number popped up for help. For 3 years, five years or lifetime.
                He said I had to do this to be able to use Roku. I gave them my card information to make payment now a d the next 3 minths and later realized it was a scam. I want a refund.

RESOLVED

Dear Craft

As per your last conversation with us, we already initiated a refund of $20 on 28th Jan 2020 on your card. The amount is already credited to your account.

1 Response
                  • Cr
                    Crystal Hudson Feb 28, 2020

Yes it was a scam and the guy was convincing but I am so mad at myself for falling for it. I was setting it up for my son and I was having trouble with the activation and the link I put in I guess there is one similar to it was a scam. I had to call a couple times. I informed them I made a police report and they were very misleading. They said it was for technical support when Roku does not charge AT ALL. If roku ask for debit card number its only to have on file so if you purchase something on the roku you do not have to enter it again. YES THEY REFUNDED MY MONEY AFTER I TOLD THEM ROKU DOESNT CHARGE AND I CONFIRMED IT THROUGH ROKU. THEN I GET A CALL AND THEY ASK ME TO TAKE THE COMPLAINT DOWN SINCE THEY REFUNDED MY MONEY ( AFTER THEY THREATENED THAT WAS SERVICE WILL BE CANCELED). I TOLD THEM I GOT MY REFUND BUT I WILL NOT TAKE THE COMPLAINT DOWN BECAUSE THEY ARE VERY MISLEADING AND TOOK ADVANTAGE!!!

CaligeeksRoku

Was told we needed to have this service to use our 2nd tiki and then could. Install up. To ten on same contract for 5 yrs! It was a scam we were charged 89.00 plus tax for a total. Of 94.99 for a service we did not need. We were misdirected to. This sought and told to call to activate our 2 nd device and it was a complete scam. And we are. Gong after our money

Dec 01, 2019

Caligeeks — Scam activating roku device

A prompt on my tv directed me to go to the roku website to activate my device. I spoke with the agent at...

Nov 26, 2019

Caligeeks — Roku setup

I was asked to pay $89.99 for registration for the JVCV/Roku TV. The rep. said I would be able to register 20...

Nov 06, 2019

Caligeeks — Roku service scam. Theft for no service.

Same problem. It starts with google corruption redirecting roku.com/link to bovoss.com fake website. Of...

Oct 31, 2019

Caligeeks — Roku one time payment for a lifetime of service

Scammers! Beware! Thought we were getting a deal. We were stupid. Cost us $160. These people need to be found...

Jul 31, 2019

Caligeeks — Lifetime subscription to roku protection

Scam alert. I was setting up a roku stick on another tv and I was directed to call a tech support. I did. The...