California Psychicstotal scam... stole 1800.00 from my daughters college account

My 19 year old daughter was going thru a terrible break up. She desperately turned to the Psychics to see what was in her future with this boy. Well they totally scammed her, they gave her false hope, telling her they were going to get back together on a certain date, that he would call on a certain date, that they would be married, etc. They totally told her what she wanted to hear. They kept her on the phone, they called her and solicited more "readings" all to the tune of over 1800.00 which was taken out of her account that was set up for her student loans to go into. When these predictions did not come true, my daughter tried to commit suicide, and she ended up in the hospital for 3 days... This company should be shut down. How do I get my money back from these scammers?

• Co
    Covfefe Sep 09, 2018

While CP has a few bonafide psychics, most of them aren't. They make educated guesses based on typical queries like love, work, or money issues. When asked about a job without saying in what area, I was told that I would be working in the medical area with great opportunities to climb the ladder. I applied for several jobs at entertainment studios. The adviser had the nerve to get indignant about it and said we weren't connecting. We weren't connecting because she had no psychic ability. Another refused to answer questions because of a third party situation. She then tried to direct me to another area. When asked about family members who never speak to me, I was told that they would contact me around the holidays. That was several years ago. Just because someone can supposedly read Tarot cards doesn't make them intuitive.

Thomas Trovato Dec 13, 2016

you sound like you work for California Psychics

• La
    Lamb5 Dec 06, 2016

Age 19 in the USA and Canada is considered "adult". The right to vote has been 18 years of age for decades in both countries. If the family was looking to a university education for their daughter, it would appear they considered her mature enough to be on an adult-based campus. She is not a child.
    No one twists your arm to call a psychic line. Parents cannot know everything; however, I do wonder whether the mother had actually sought alternate routes to addressing concerns around her daughter prior to the suicide attempt. I have called California Psychics over the course of a number of years, when I have had plenty of money and when I have had very little. Sometimes it helps to step out of one's self and have an impartial source. When I have had very little money, the psychics have given me more in a THREE minute reading than any counselor at has ever provided in a series of one hour appointments at considerably more expense.
    I have also been trained as a personal counselor and have supported students and adults and entire families in turning their lives around. Counselors have the same needs as anyone else, and I have counselled counselors, including a psychiatrist who specialized in personal counseling. No amount of training can prepare us for everything the universe throws out to us; even good changes can contribute to stress. We may know one thing in our mind or our gut, but it doesn't turn off the grief or frustration or exhaustion when we feel we have given it our best and it still isn't where we want to be.
    California Psychics have prepared me to deal with some interesting and unforeseen events and I do not regret one dollar going in their direction. Their psychics do not tell you what to do. They advise because you asked. No matter what one's age or experience, we can receive some nasty shocks. Note, I have not criticized this parent for not noticing or addressing all of her daughter's issues. No one can. We don't wake up planning to fail. We are all doing the best we can. And sometime we need help from a stranger. Still, I would hope the mother looks within to see her part in this. (And by age 19, most of us do not want to discuss all of our romantic thoughts and feelings with our parents.)

Thomas Trovato Dec 13, 2016

@Lamb5 You sound like you work 4cp

• Be
    Beachlver11 Oct 28, 2016

Wow, way to have compassion a-holes!! This poor ladies daughter gets scammed and is suicidal and you want to take time out of your day to bash HER????? Are you happy now? Do you feel Better about yourselves??? You all are the reason this world is crap. Mean. You should all be ashamed of yourselves!!! Next time, try to be more positive or keep your uneducated comments to yourself!!!

• El
    Elizacabrini Jan 17, 2016

The California Physcis phone line is a scam. I just called and asked for a reading. I refused to divulge any information about myself, aside from my birthday. The "physchic" who is named Fiona" told me that she could not pick up on a phsycic connection between us. She told me to call the hot line back and request a refund. I am sorry but, if a Phsycic is really physchic then you shouldn't have to give them any information. They should already know. People, such as your daughter, get caught into a costly trap with this phoney enterprise and then get hurt. California Phycics is just a prime example of this. I would not recommend for anyone to call these people. If you don't give them the information that they need to build a false reality for you, they will just pawn it off as "not having a connection". What a crock of crap!! Please listen to my advice and save your money.

• Bu
    Buttrfly1102 Nov 29, 2015

I think ppl r being very rude. She said her daughter called!! She didn't say she told her daughter to call. How do u think they get paid??!! They have to have credit card info or whatever. To blame the mom or the daughter is rediculous. Idk how ppl can be so rude. Her daughter called bc of these stupid commercials claiming to have ALL the answers to ur problems. Let's not forget she is a TEEN!!! Have a little respect!!

• Ra
    Raiderrrs Aug 05, 2015

Everyone goes through hard times but maybe she should have been smart enough not to spend $1800 on hotline psychics over a teenage breakup. It clearly says on the website that it's for entertainment purposes only. CP will not draft $1800 out of her account without her actually BUYING a package on there, much like any other website. They do not have access to her bank information. There is no auto draft option. Blaming a website for your daughter's ill judgment shows poor judgment on your side as well.
    Get her some professional help if she's relying on smoke and mirrors so heavily she's putting her life on the line for it.

TheDvineOne Nov 11, 2014

As a psychologist myself, I am somewhat on the fence about talking with psychics on the phone. For some people, it is a great place to vent, and listen to another opinion. When you have a serious problem, and someone who is potentially suicidal, then you, Mom, should have taken your daughter to see a psychologist or psychiatrist. At that point she may have needed some mild prescription sedatives to get her thru a rough patch.

CP does give the disclosure that this is for entertainment only. It is, afterall, less expensive than seeing a psychologist every time there is a bump in the road. It appears you can speak to someone for as little as $35 for ten minutes. I agree that most of those hired are not the most talented psychics available, but sometimes you can find a geat one. At one time they had a gal named Gail, who was out of this world in finding lost articles. She was gifted in that area.

My main complaint with this company is that they do not post ALL reviews. The only posts concerning a reader are the positive ones.
    I would like to see ALL reviews posted, similar to the travelosity site. Post the good with the bad. Most of us know that noone can garner all positive reviews. Let the potential customer read thru the reviews and pick based on those. Yes, you are going to weed out the poor readers quickly, but do you really want the bad word of mouth on that person, and the lack of good reviews which speaks volumes. Do not let staff review online. These could possibly be tainted as well.

Cusomers need to be aware that when you call back, this reader DOES NOT remember you in most cases. She is either bringing you up on the computer from info that CP is supplying, or she has her own computer list of your name, dob, etc.

• Pe
    Peter Vidrine Dec 11, 2016

@TheDvineOne Really? A psychiatrist who actually takes psychics seriously? You also advise to turn to drugs.

You are even more a fraud than CP.

• Fi
    fiz Oct 06, 2014

I'm sorry your daughter had a rough time, bad break-ups are a part of life, as are all the other many bad things that life can sometimes dish up. Instead of seeking counseling with some scam-artist like a psychic reader, YOU should have helped teach and direct your daughter on how to handle a difficult situation like this. Running to a place like that is just asking for trouble...and you, and your daughter should know that.

If you and she are not competent to understand what is and is not a wise decision then you should not act at all and just deal with things on your own. Your daughter would have been much better served if you had taken her to a church, or to a counseling group to deal with this problem.

You can't make foolish decisions and then expect to be reimbursed for it after the fact.

You can try to sue them for the money, but I think it's rather unlikely you would win. I'm sorry, but good luck.