Cabela's Smith & Wesson Rebate Offerfailure to send rebate

I purchased a Smith & Wesson handgun advertised by Cabela's in Fort Worth, Texas as offering a $50 rebate.
The rebate was timely mailed the first of January, 2009 to the address on the form: HOLIDAY HANDGUN PROMOTION, P. O. BOX 412, MPS DEPT #525-05, CINNAMINSON, NJ 08077 phone [protected].

The rebate coupon said allow 8-10 weeks processing. I called after 10 weeks and was told that my rebate was being processed and it would be another 2 to 2 1/2 weeks. I waited another three weeks to call and am being told again that it will be another 2 to 2 1/2 weeks.

I bought their response the first time, but not this time.

• Ca
    Carolyn Amber Cochran Malik Dec 01, 2017

I am having the same issue. It says the rebate was received in June of this year...still waiting. There is also no other way to get info than what it shows you on that one screen. I emailed Smith and Wesson, they were no help.

• Mi
    Michael Battenfield Oct 07, 2017

I really wish that manufacturers who want to offer rebates would actually hold the rebate processing companies accountable. I don't even mind waiting 8-10 weeks so long as there is affirmative progress made. As others have mentioned, regardless of the method of entry, there is ZERO excuse for it to take 6-8 weeks just to get the rebate info in the computer system.

This is particularly true when you can now submit these rebates electronically via a rebate submission page. I used this method to file my rebate on an M&P 9mm 6 weeks ago. Milano's rebate status check page still shows no rebate by the info I submitted.

Is Milano sending rebate forms out of the country to be entered in to another computer system? That is the only "plausible' reason I can think of for it taking what is described other posts above two-3 months simply to get data in the computer.

Does Smith and Wesson not realize the damage to the brand done by nefarious 3rd party processors?

• Du
    duke54 Nov 11, 2014

Used these same people for the burris $100 rebate . Mailed in august and no record found of rebate application. Contacted Burris and they stated in no uncertain terms they were very unhappy with Milano Rebate services. What a joke Bye Bye $100

• Co
    Coffecup Dec 31, 2010

sent my Smith & Wesson rebate in on timely mater, checkeked on rebate status with Milano status was valid and they stated ship date 11/12/2010
    I have yet to see my rebate and not able contact anyone about my rebate, whats gives ? Milano the problem?I

• El
    Elder1 Jun 01, 2010

My Smith and Wesson Sigma rebate form for $50 was sent in 7 weeks ago and it continues to show as not received. A phone call to them resulted in them telling me it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get it in the system. The rebate is supposed to be in my hands in 6 tpo 8 weeks.

• El
    Elder1 Jun 01, 2010

I sent in my rebate for my purchase of a Smith and Wesson Sigma. The rebate was for $50 but after 7 weeks it continues to show as not received by Milano Promotional Services. After a call to them, they told me to continue waiting, that it takes 6 to 8 weeks to process. So much BS, it cannot take that long to receive the forms.

• Fa
    False hope May 27, 2010

I also purchased a Smith & Wesson handgun advertised by Cabela's in Houston, Texas as offering a $50 rebate.

The rebate was mailed and received by the company 04/02/10. (8 days after purchase). As of this date, I have not received the rebate or any correspondence regarding the status.

The rebate coupon said allow 8-10 weeks for processing. If I do not receive the rebate within this timeframe, I will begin making phone calls. I really hope I don't experience the outcomes listed above!!

• Ga
    Gary_Iverson Feb 15, 2010

I purchased a Smith & Wesson handgun in Jonesboro, AR. that offered a $50 rebate.
    The rebate was timely mailed the first of December, 2009 to the address on the form: HOLIDAY HANDGUN PROMOTION, P. O. BOX 412, MPS DEPT #525-05, CINNAMINSON, NJ 08077 phone [protected].

The rebate coupon said allow 8-10 weeks processing. To date, no rebate has been received.

I would recommend that anyone purchasing a pistol, go with another brand. These people are not honest !!

• Ki
    Kim Bates Jul 22, 2009

I also purchased 2 handguns with the two free mags each and 3 months and no mags

• Ga
    Gary from Missouri Jun 27, 2009

I purchased a Walther PPKS in October of last year and opted to received the $50.00 rebate instead of the magazines. I sent my rebate request within two weeks of buying the gun. I did not received my rebate until the end of March. The company involved is Milano Promotional Services of Cinnaminson, NJ. I finally obtained my rebate only after I informed Smith and Wesson that I intended to report Milano Promotional Service to the New Jersey Better Business Bureau. On another note, I learned in April that my new Walther had been recalled for safety reasons, I sent it in and it was received on 04-28-09. It has been two months and I still haven't received my gun nor has Smith andWesson informed me of it's status. I have just sent S&W a complaint and warned them that I will pursue legal action if my gun isn't returned within the next 10 days.

• Ji
    Jimmy K. Jun 05, 2009

I'm also waiting for the two mags that I supposed to get by purchasing an MP handgun. This offer was directly from Smith & Wesson, not Cabelas. I filled out the form and promptly mailed it to them. It has been three months and no mags yet. I wonder how they expect to gain mind sets and market share when they don't even bother to send you a courtesy status update.