Menu

S
Author of the complaint
4:04 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a new hand gun on 7/29/20 at Cabelas located at 1600 Gateway Blvd NE, Lacey WA 98516 and completed the federal back ground check the same day. The person who helped me with the purchased gave me a slip with information that the process can take upwards of 30 days to process, occasionally longer. I waited for a phone call from Cabelas of course no phone call. A week before the expiration date 8/29/20 I called Cabelas to see if they received any response for my background check. I was told no there's no response. The day before my expiration date 8/28/20 I called Cabelas again to see if there's any response they stated no. I went to Cabelas again to complete a new application since it's been over 30 days on 9/29/20.

Today 9/1/20 I decided to contact the Shelton Police Department to see if they had a backlogged on their process and they told me no there's no backlogged. They stated the responded to Cabelas on 8/4/20 at 4:41 pm. Shelton Police Department stated that I am not the only Cabelas customer with this complaint. I called Cabelas and spoke with Evan he stated that they called me and left a message but I did not returned their phone call. I told Evan that I looked through my phone records and voice mail and there's no record of any calls from Cabelas beside my calls to them. Evan stated since it's over the 30 days timeline I have to wait for the second process to go through again which is set to expire on 9/29/20. I told him this is very inconvenience for me. He did not apologize and stated I have to go through the process again.

Cabela's need to hold someone accountable and come up with a better customer service process. It's poor customer service and it's inconvenient for me. Round trip from my home to Cabelas total to 80 miles. Lacey Cabela's has a number system in the firearms department which I have to wait for my numbers to be called before I can get someone to help me and that's about another 1.5 hours. I spent a lot of time and money with this store. Because they failed to provide good customer service now I have to go through another application process and possibly wait another 30 days. This will be the last time I do business with Cabelas.

More Cabela's complaints & reviews

Cabela's - unauthorized retention of personal, private data
Cabela's - 0% interest is misleading
Cabela's - failure to send rebate
Cabela's - customer service