Menu

J
Author of the complaint
6:54 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Cabelas in Richfield, Wisconsin once again ran a sales add and didn't have product. I went in first thing as they opened on day of sale, Feb 5th. I asked for the gun advertised, told by Steve it was sold out! "Sold Out", you been open 30 seconds and I am first person in store. I was told to come back later, had guns in back to check in yet. I returned later, this time finding Randy. I again asked for the gun, Randy told me, leaning in and whispering, "We don't have those, never got any in." WTF? Then this Randy begins this rant and rave about getting a Cabelas Club card. TO told him I have one, he pushes me to "You can have up to five in one household" I told him the reason I wanted the gun was to use my points, then tried to up sell me. I told him "No", when he suggested I go with him to the Club booth and get another card, while he fills out a "Special Request" for the gun I wanted. Is this the scam, advertise something, get you in the store, have Randy push you to club cards with promise of finding you a gun? I know for a fact that this type of badgering over credit cards is illegal, Cabelas needs to get control of this. No other employee has ever disgusted me with his sales pitch then this guy.

More Cabela's complaints & reviews

Cabela's - unauthorized retention of personal, private data
Cabela's - 0% interest is misleading
Cabela's - failure to send rebate
Cabela's - customer service
Cabela's - canceled credit account
2 comments
J
Feb 23, 2012 8:09 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I do not now it happen but, I have two credit cards with different numbers. Both are active.Please cancel one of these and let me know which one.

L
Apr 01, 2009 6:33 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I paid opff my cabelas card so I don't complain anymore. I am working with Dave Ramsey and watchign him everynite. I learned that credit cards are keeping the banks open. I am going Green and spending Only Green cash for the rest of my Life.. Good Luck with all people whom deal with credit cards.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

142 complaints