Sort by: Date | Popularity

Ultimate Readers Service Complaints & Reviews

Ultimate Readers Service - California, Lakewood / solicitation, fraud, unethical behavior

Bs
Jul 10, 2015

I answered the phone to a young women claiming I had won a prize; magazines. When I listened further she said it only cost the postage to send. I was at a very vulnerable time in my life and under a lot of stress. I agreed to accept the "prize" verbally. I called back the next day to cancel the order and was told I agreed to accept the "prize" and pay the postage for THREE YEARS!! I did not!! I tried several times to cancel and was threatened with my credit report. I am now receiving magazines I did not select but no communication from them. I am now trying to cancel the individual magazines but fear I will be charged some huge amount later!!!

Ultimate Readers Service / magazine subscription bills

Ca
Oct 22, 2014

My wife evidently received a phone call sometime in the past selling magazines and she selected magazines she would like and has been paying right a long for about the last year. She receives 4 or 5 magazines each month. She has been paying $41.75 a month. The bill I received for this month has the amount due for month of $41.75 as well as a pay in full amount of $951.22. I cannot get statement of what magazines she is being billed for. We are on a fixed incomes and in no way can afford to continue to pay this type of bill. My wife is in her 70's and goes thru bouts of dementia and doe...