Bounce EnergyRefused to take any action to correct wrong billing, deliberately ripping customer off

Bounce Energy is ripping me off with poor customer service and no-effort to resolve billing issues. On 7/15/09, I received two separate electric bills for my address, one from Bounce Energy and another from Green Energy. Both bills show different Meter #.

Bounce Energy (June, 2009)
- page 1: "http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4016/0620091.jpg"
- page 2: "http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/2016/0620092.jpg"

Green Mountain (June, 2009)
- "http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/4549/rebill2.jpg"

I called Bounce Energy only to be told by a Jessica that it wasn't their fault at all, that Oncor gave them the information. Oncor does not serve my address so I went to TX-NM who told me that Meter #[protected] - shown on Bounce Energy statement - belongs to 247 E. Corporate Dr, while Meter #[protected] is 265 E. Corporate Dr. #[protected] is verified by checking with the actual meter itself in my apartment building. #[protected] cannot be found anywhere, not even in the neighborhood buildings.

I relayed that information back to Bounce Energy. Their supervisor - he had a thick Latino accent - said they will issue a refund.

2 weeks went by, Bounce Energy has not resolved the issue. In fact, I'm being billed the next month for the same incorrect Meter #[protected].

Bounce Energy (July, 2009)
- page 1: "http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/496/0720091.jpg"
- page 2: "http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5752/0720092.jpg"

I called on 7/27/09 about 11:30am. A different supervisor denied any mistake on their part, insisting that all information is correct. I repeated the findings from TX-NM. He hesitated, as if he didn't believe a word of it, and claimed that he would issue an investigation about it. I don't believe anything will be done since 1) I didn't receive a refund despite the claims of the Latino-accented supervisor on 7/15, 2) no action has been taken to correct the Meter Number with the right address, and 3) I’m still getting billed for Meter #[protected] despite presenting proof it doesn’t belong to my address.

To add insult to injury, Bounce Energy has one of the worst customer service I’ve ever seen. Average wait time 15 to 20 minutes. Neither Green Energy nor StarTex Energy took that long to take customer calls, and they are bigger companies than Bounce. Along with the fact that Bounce refused to verify correct Meter # with address, insinuating other parties being at fault (including me as customer) for any incorrect information Bounce has.

• Te
    Terence T. Mar 15, 2010

To all that still have pending issues with Bounce Energy,

Resend complaint to Customer Service and cc. the following people: Karl Trollinger, Chief Marketing Officer <[email protected]>, James Moskosky, Executive VP <[email protected]>, Robbie Wright, CEOfficer<[email protected]>. They tend to step up when the higher-ups are notified.

• Sl
    [email protected] Oct 01, 2009

I agree, bounce energy is very unprofessional. They took $361.00 out of my account that i did not authorize. When i spoke to a customer service rep they said it would be refunded in 3-5 business days, which it was not. Once i finally received my refund it was only $344 leaving a difference of $16 dollars. I spoke to two different managers about this matter. The first supervisor advised me that it was not their problem and it was nothing they could do about it. The second one said she would submit a request for my $16 refund. I still have not received my money back. They have a terrible management staff . I am angry and confused.

• Re
    r.elaine Aug 05, 2009

Service is terrible! I signed up for the Super Saver plan for free companion flights after 3 months of bills paid on time ( I have auto-pay, never was I late) but little did they tell me that I have to wait almost 3 months after that to receive anything! What a waste of time.. we'll see if I ever get anything. Now having taken that offer off of the site, I'm guessing I won't.

I kept getting bounced around from one person to another but never any help and it always takes at least an hour to get any sort of answers (which are almost always bad).

I get that these guys are marketing specialists, but if they can't deliver, their going to fail really quickly.

• Te
    Terence T. Aug 04, 2009

According to a Joanna Cortez, Customer Service Manager, my account will be closed and the paid amount refunded within 3 to 5 business days. Here's the thing. She was quick to reply to e-mails last week. This week, I heard neither hide nor hair from her. The amount has not been refunded. My account shows I don't owe any more money, which is good. But overall service is bad. I lost $88.68. I intend to spread the word of the dishonest service of Bounce Energy. They deserve to be out of business!

• Bo
    bounceenergycustomercare Jul 29, 2009

I do apologize for the experience. As our Customer Service Manager explained, when we submitted your order, we were provided with the incorrect ESIID by the TDSP in your area. As a result, we ended up serving the incorrect meter. We have spoken with you about this issue, and have advised you that you will not be responsible for any meter that is not the meter you requested. We are currently in the process of giving the meter we gained back to the correct provider.

We have had a higher than normal call volume and expanding our customer service team to make sure we service all of our customers.

If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected] or call us at 1.888.452.6862.

• Tx
    TXElecAnalyst Jul 29, 2009

My advice is to get this issue with Bounce Energy resolved as quickly as you can...Ther are many new Retail Electric Providers in Texas that simply cannot survive, for a number of reasons, and Bounce is at the top of the list of those that probably won't make it till the end of the year. Don't wait...get your money back now!

• Al
    alliesmommy Jul 29, 2009

I feel your pain. We are dealing with a similar situation right now. They drafted my account TWICE for this month's bill...to the tune of $401.38. I've called countless times. The first time that I called, the rather rude CS girl said it would just sit on my account as a credit. NO, I DON'T THINK SO. I escalated to a supervisor and was told that the refund has been issued and it takes 2-5 business days to hit my account...blah, blah, blah. I think I am getting the run around. I'm calling back today to let them know that I will be filing a complaint with the BBB and I might even call Fox 4 and I'm opening a fraud dispute with my bank. Can you take that route?

• Ta
    taz6122 Jul 27, 2009

You should have only paid for your meter reading and not someone else s. Use your receipt for the other meter to pay the next bill. If they shut you off, sue them.