Boost Mobile New Unlimited Plan $50 Monthtext messaging, ringtones

I already had the umlimited by boost plan that first came out...didnt have many complaints except the price kept going up but the service worked great..no issues..I decided to get the new unlimited plan because it was cheaper at only $50 versus the $70-75 I was already paying for just unlimited talk and text. And because they no longer had the same boost unlimited phones so in order to get a new phone i had to get the new plan...well now i know why it is so much cheaper.. the service is awful...getting and recieving calls is not the problem the problem is the text messaging that is suppose to be unlimited never works it takes forever to send and recieve messages everytime i try to send or retrieve a message from my inbox it says downloading for about 3-4 minutes and then it says "unable to send transport error!" so what is the use of having unlimited messaging if it's almost impossible to send or recieve a message! And you cannot access any of the free ringtone sights because apparantly the device is not equipped to recieve ringtone downloads from these sights so your forced to pay $2.99 Per ringtone and the sight does not let you listen to the ringtone before purchasing so you just have to hope it is a good portion of the song you like and of course it's not one ringtone was maybe 25 to 30 seconds and another was all of 12 seconds...this is rediculous...if boost mobile is going to charge $2.99 per ringtone they could at least make sure that we as customers are getting our moneys worth or at the very least allow us to listen to the tone before purchasing so we know what were getting! Come on Boost Mobile get it together...I cant be the only one with these complaints!

• De
    DeathDisciple Oct 28, 2016

I like how in one of the comments (james), says "you guys are ###ed" (for wanting to get what they paid for-delivery for what was promised). He then continues to assert that things paid for in full ($50+) are FREE. How so james? Clarify how paying for a service equates to getting it free. All of that sounds exactly like how a Boost troll would talk, as I've exchanged unpleasantries with many. They give away your #/change your pin and that spells the end of your phones functionality. They jack it right after a re-boost, so you're out $60 too. Call customer care if you need somebody to say their sorry, but that's the best that you could hope to recieve. I'm out a Samsung Galaxy S2 ($450-new), $60 service re-boost, new screen $110, otterbox case $41 and a screen shield $11. I've since learned my lesson. I switched to Cricket and bought a cheaper phone-Galaxy Grand Prime $20 + 1month service for bringing my 2nd boost # (cheap flip-phone) to Cricket. The next phone I buy (Samsung Galaxy S5) will be a T-Mobile from walmart-$350. Then, I'm going to buy an S7 edge and Galaxy tab s2 from T-Mobile and pay in full. At the time of purchase they will unlock all 3.

• Td
    td577 Aug 03, 2016

Cell phones were never designed to work indoors. Most do, some don't. Live with it.

• Td
    td577 Aug 03, 2016

Well slimjim, get over it.

• Ca
    cathi.rutherfordspecht Aug 03, 2016

I have auto pay for my cell phone bill, so I can get the $5 reduction plan they are offering.
    I receive an email from boost mobile they received my $55 payment but when I look at my bank statement, boost mobile took $60. No one at boost mobile can tell me why. I just get switched from person to person. Their customer service is awful and their personnel are as dumb as a fox.
    So, today I will cancel my boost mobile account and I hope a lot of other people do as well.

• Th
    thobet15 Aug 03, 2016

I purchased 2 boost mobile LG phone. From day 1 my phone has not worked indoors. I have called them about this and spend a lot of time on hold while they "try" to fix the problem only to get disconnected and have to start over again. I want a working phone this is the only one I have ever used that did not get service indoors. If they are unable to fix the problem in the next couple of days I will be dropping their service. Can't afford to be without a phone.

• Ze
    Zetilda Aug 03, 2016

I am not getting reception!

• Wo
    wolfwind Aug 03, 2016

I purchesed a Sanyo Juno cell phone from boostmobile. Come to find out that you are not able to download anything from your pc you cannot hook it up to your pc. I was told that there is not a driver or a program that is on the market that will help you bypass this problem. I feel very unhappy with the way Sanyo and Boost have acted about this problem. Hanging up on me several times, passing the buck like they are not responsible for this situation. This is not stated on thier packing for the phone or eaither of thier websites eathier. To me that is misleading the public and monopolizing our freedoms. I am letting people know that this is the problem with our society today. Greed and Control Freaks.

• Sj
    sjgl9 Aug 03, 2016

i would never assume any type of PRE PAID service/phone was going to give me anything close to the service and or features that you would get from an actual carrier. As they say, you get what you pay for

• Ca
    Carmen Morgan Aug 03, 2016

This is about very poor customer service from Nextel Boost and a nasty, sarcastic an arrogant supervisor (Steve) who raised his voice to me, a customer. Money was accidentally added to a wrong prepaid Nextel boost phone for my child's phone, when I first call I was told that a form could be filled out to credit the right account and I would have to speak to the customer credit dept. and I was put on hold for an extended period of time, so I hung up and called back and requested to speak to someone in the credit dept, this customer service person (heavy southern accent) declined to do so and discussed the situation with her supervisor who told her nothing could be done and who ever owned the phone would keep the money that was put on it. I then requested to speak to her supervisor. The supervisor Steve (he refused to give his last name and again heavy southern accent) employee #874532 came on the phone and I explained what happened for the 3rd time and I even explained that I had the receipt and the actual reboost card that was purchased on my check card and I was told again nothing could be done. When I asked for his boss or supervisor, he became nasty and sarcastic he stated that the lord god was his boss and I told he that he was being nasty and sarcastic and religion had no place in this conversation because that was not what I was calling about, then he raised his voice and stated "DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME BEING A CHRISTAIN? And I stated “no, because I believe in god, but you are being inappropriate by discussing religion with a customer when the customer is calling about a problem that they are trying to get resolved and I hoped that the conversation was being recorded”. He stated that yes the conversation was being recorded and quickly rattled off an address to mail a letter of complaint to, as if Nextel or Boost cares about customer service issues or complaint. By the way I do have a Hispanic first name, which they asked and used during the 2nd conversation and I live in the northeast, therefore I speak differently, maybe this was part of the problem, either way no customer should be spoken to in such a demeaning manor and made to feel as if their money does not matter.

• Ka
    karabil Aug 03, 2016

Boost Mobile has THE WORST customer Service I have ever encountered. Trying to get through to a CSR is virtually impossible .I am set up on the $50 p/month Boost Shrinkage Plan. The payments have been coming out of my checking account like clockwork until today (of course they say there’s insufficient funds in my checking account ?! not according to my bank but of course it couldn’t be Boosts error?!?). When the shrinkage was supposed to start. Boost Mobile stopped my service. And I also noticed looking into my Chase account that they charged me twice for the month of March.

Of course when I did get through to Customer Service on the 8th call I was put though to a manager who assured me I would be satisfied with the outcome… said He had to transfer me to the payment processing department. Disconnected. Imagine that. Happened 3 more times after that. One rep even suggested that go to my Boost retailer. Of which there are no Official Boost Retailer on their site. So I went to Radio Shack where I purchased the plan and phone. Who surprise surprise also could not get a hold of anyone at Boost. They did manage to pull up 4 Actual Boost locations in the Phoenix area. I am headed there tomorrow.

It’s sad that no one in Boosts Customer Service Department could help. So here I am no cell phone service and double charged. When I get my money back. AND I WILL GET MY MONEY BACK. I will pursue the VP for customer relations/ sales Dennis Weikle of Boost Mobile directly to advise him of just how poorly he is doing.

• Me
    meshepp Aug 03, 2016

The Boost mobile store in Stockbridge, Georgia on North Henry Blvd. prices are $50.00 to $60.00 more than your online prices. When I asked the clerk about why the price of my curve phone was so much more expensive in-store than online she could not give me an answer. I requested to return the phone I purchased on July 2nd so I can purchase the phone at a cheaper price online but I ws told that we only get three days to return.

I also advised the clerk that my phone has frozen for the entire day, but to no avail. I was told to call customer service.

• Mr
    mrakobes Aug 03, 2016

After 11 years with Sprint i switched to Boost Mobile last week and within five days was back at Sprint having had the WORST consumer experience i’ve ever had with any company bar none! FIrst, you cannot contact a live human being only an endless loop of voice prompts leading to nowhere. Second, the Boost Mobile service was virtually non existent. I live in Portland Oregon a rather large city and i almost never got a signal. I’d steer clear of their lure of cheap rates its so not worth it going to Boost Mobile for wireless service.

• Su
    Sue Roy Lampley Aug 03, 2016

I transferred service 30 days ago and I have had nothing but problems from day one. This needs to be investigated. It has made me so sick. I have lost so much money because of Boost Mobile service but mostly things that cannot be replaced not even with money. All I was asking was to be reimburesed to my checking account or with a check from boost because i cannot call, text or anything for the service that i paid for. They tell me that they can only give me credit but how can i use the credit if the phone service does not work. I must of called over 100 times to try to get things corrected that boost messed up from wrong plans, additional amount taking out from my account, wrong name, Please check my information as soon as possible. This is so wrong.

joanne k Aug 03, 2016

purchased blackberry style at boost store on sept 14, 2011. On 10/20/2011 the letter A on keypad quit working called boost said no exchanges after 30 days have to file complaint with company.

• Ju
    JustMe1977 Aug 03, 2016

My boyfriend has boost mobile and lives in Georgia. I live in Alabama. When he comes to see me 10 miles after hitting the Alabama state line he has no service and continues to have no service the entire time he is in Alabama. Now, this is a 4 hour drive for him to come see me. 3 of which are in the state of ALABAMA. I have no way of contacting him nor him contacting me until he arrives at my house. How safe is that?? What if something was to happen?? Just the other day he had to borrow a random mans phone at a gas station just to call and let me know he was halfway here and he was safe. This problem seriously needs fixed!!

• Cr
    Crystal E Byrd Aug 03, 2016

My service with Boost has declined drastically,
    Im very dissapoited with my service...ever since
    May of 2012 my phone which I might add is a Samsung
    Galaxy 3. I cant keep 2 bars on my phone I used to have
    4-5 bars now my phone drops calls and wont keep intetnet
    service, Im really tired I have been a loyal customer since 2005.
    FIX THE PROBLEM OR YOUR GOING TO LOOSE MANY
    CUSTOMERS INCLUDING ME!!!

• Ra
    rachel bell Aug 03, 2016

Me and my husband have always had good service in our area up until the second week of march they claimed that they were up grading towers and would be done in 3 weeks every since then my service has been horrible dropped calls not getting some calls or text and getting some hours or days later i have always loved boost service had it since came out very discouraged you would think upgrading towers should make better service not worse service

• Do
    downwithboost/virginmobile Jul 16, 2013

i get great service, except for when i need it, or im at home, or across town, or in another city. so basically, boost mobile threw virgin mobile is the worst phone service available (or not available). my phone, which was 250 freaking dollars, freezes up and has to be restarted via pulling the battery, this happens about 8 times a day. really annoying, especially because of the work i do, install cable, i get my jobs threw an app that our company makes us download. even better is when you start working for said company, they make you buy one of their phones (to guarantee service) and its threw boost... i used to have criket, i never lost service once, and i travel all over washington, oregan and udaho (thats right udaho boost/virgin mobile)

• Cd
    cdrizzle Feb 19, 2012

The customer service is horrible!

• Js
    jsheem Jan 02, 2011

I have a boost blackberry curve 8330 and I live in columbus, ohio. My phone is great, I have unlimited voice, web, and text. I have google voice on my phone, gmail, yahoo, google search. I can watch and upload youtube videos. Basically I can do everything any verzion, sprint, or att phone can do at a cheaper price. Also I have the shrinkage plan on my phone so in a year I will only be paying $50 for service that can do everything I could possibly want. I forgot to mention I also get corporate email on my phone ( exchange ). So for $60 and soon to be $50 thats great. I was paying $150 for my Verzion phone to do what my boost blackberry is doing now. No dropped calls, and I can hear people clearly and they can hear me clearly. Only thing I wish was a little better is the time it takes to recieve texts. My email sends and recieves in a time I feel isn't to bad. Just the text takes a little while. But the pros out weigh that one small con for me. Maybe I am one of the lucky ones that has a good phone. What can I say no contract or crazy bills of $150 for a phone. I pay $60 and can do everything any other carrier can do at a way cheaper price : )

• Di
    dingobully Nov 14, 2010

I cannot even begin to describe the horror I have experienced with this Boost company in the last two days. Service went down for hours on a Friday to come back up too late to call anyone. Then they billed me one day early and turned off my phone ON THE DAY I ALWAYS PAY! Then the customer service people would immediately hang up on me whenever they detected I had a problem they couldn't fix. (These people are answering from India of course.) That's just about half of it. I could go on for hours. Try holding 30 minutes for a rep only to be dissed and hung up on by some guy in India. This is not phone service. I can't even get reception in my own house. Don't buy it.

• Cr
    Crashedata1 Sep 28, 2010

While I agree with the points of your post, I have to say switching from the $50 unlimited to the BlackBerry plan is even worse. The BlackBerry plan is $60. Thats a $10 difference. Instead of just allowing you to keep the same due date, and pay the difference between the two plans, they change your due date to the date you changed plans, prorate you back for unused time on the current plan, and charge you for the full price of the new plan. The credit issued for prorating your old plan is applied to some of the new plan, but you must pay the rest. This means that if halfway through the month you get a blackberry, they are going to credit you $25 for the unused portion of the $50 plan, then charge you $60 for the new plan. The $25 credit you received is applied to your new plan, which means you must pay $35 to change. Why the hell don't they just keep your due date the same and charge you the difference between the plans???

• Br
    BrennaBoo14 Jul 09, 2010

Yea I HAve A Boost i465 With The Unlimited Plan An It Blows I Have No Service At School Or Work Or Most Of Anywhere Else I Didn't Pay The Bill For A While So It Got Turned Off So I Payed The Reactivation Fee 10 Dollars And Put 50 Bucks To Pay My Bill And Have 20 More Dollars Just On My Account An its Been Over 24 Hours An When I Send A Message It Says Outta Service Storing In OutBox When I Try To Call It Says Service Restricted Thats 80 Bucks An Its Still Busted Wtf

• Kc
    KCGomez83 Jun 12, 2010

My brother has Boost's unlimited plan and for the most part he says that service is pretty decent in terms of messaging and calling area. The browsing speed, according to him, can be a bit on the slow side depending on the area, but overall more than decent for a prepaid company - I'm envious of his plan price. I'm with Sprint (same network) and pay $50 more for the same plan - and I will tell you the network is great and pretty fast, but enough for me to continue to pay over $110 a month. If there are any other Sprint or Boost customers out there who feel their deal is not the best one for the price, email the President of Sprint (http://sites.google.com/site/sprintcustomersunite/) and voice your concerns. Compliants, of any kind, should be sent to directly to his attention.

nohart May 28, 2010

well. I'm wishing I'd read this before switching to boost. i've only been a customer for about a week. I've been using Centennial for at least five years now. great service. never had any complaints. decided to 'save money' and switch.

i bought two starter kits at the local sprint store and put the sims into older i530 and i710 nextel phones that i got from a friend. the talk works, but only if you dial the number in. not if you call from the contact list. very frustrating!!!

text really, really sucks. i text alot. i have to go thru the internet on the older phones. and they seem to be on time, for now.

i figured this problem would be fixed with newer phones. so, firstly, i called boost and told them i'd just spent 50+$ on the starter kits realizing i should have just bought new phones at walmart that include a sim card and it'd have been cheaper. the man i talked to at boost was very sympathetic but couldn't give me a deal on phones. he did however credit 10$ to each account, which was nice.

i bought my wife a motorola debut on ebay for 100$ and myself an older 1580 for 120$. her debut arrived today.

the text issue is the same .she has to access the web and use the texting application there. can't call thru the contact list still. doesn't save sent text messages. all of the texts are arriving with strange symbols in the text or saying they're from boost instead of whoever they're from.

I'll be going to the sprint store tomorrow to see what they can do.

Hopefully I didn't just spend 200+$ on phones that don't fix the problem.

Boost is certainly the cheapest deal in my area. PTT option. it works great. I will most likely wait it out and hope that service gets better very very soon but if it doesn't I'll be forced to sell the phones if i can and switch back to att's monthly 60$ unlimited plan. or something.

very disappointed. really hoping boost sorts it out soon.

I want to believe!!!

• Lc
    LCrox2007 Apr 17, 2010

omg i sooo know what your sayin!!! btw when downloading a ringtone does your downloading take forever??? so far this is my 2nd ringtone in 5 months of having the 1465 clutch and it's been 4 1/2 hours since i picked the one i wanted...###!

• Dr
    drkPulse Jan 24, 2010

ive had boost for almost 6 months and i havent had any problems at all. not with the service anyways. except once. last night i was on the phone with my gf for like 3 hours and it just hung up on me. watever. the only problems i had was just the fones themseleves. my i425 loves to die with in 5 hours after fully charged. my i465 decided that being in a holster sucked and the screen cracked in little pieces. i dont mind the that type of stuff. im going to figure out a good phone that will work on boost and hopefully it wont suck as bad as my other phones. back when i had virgin mobile was when i had issues with service. i had some asian woman tell me that my phone wasnt compatable with virgin mobile, which is weird because i had the lg clamshell phone. hoping my new blackberry is gonna work on boost when i get it.

• Sw
    SWITCH2STRAIGHTTALK Jan 20, 2010

OMG!!! SERIOUSLY!!! YOU GUYS! STRAIGHT TALK FROM WAL MART! I could not be more excited! Go to Wal Mart right now and get one of these phones. You can pay anywhere from $40 - $340 for a phone. I happened to buy the $340 Samsung Finesse. I LOVE THIS SERVICE!

Its 100% unlimited EVERYTHING and it uses VERIZONS TOWERS! No texting delays and the service is only $45.00 a month. GO DO IT NOW! I used to be a Boost Customer. I'm so happy I switched. Seriously.

• Mi
    missladiejay Jan 19, 2010

I have the i465 and i wish i didn't get it i can't get any ring tone to my phone because no site is supported by this phone

• Bo
    BoostSucksVaJayJay Jan 13, 2010

Boost does suck . My friend had the clutch she gave me with a months worth of service on it as well. Thank god I didnt buy service from those idots it sucks! the first couple of days it was cool. You can go on myspace and facebook and there crapy boost site but thats about it. if you try to go to any other sites it gives you a 404 error or the device dosnt have enough memory. the text sucks really bad. It took days for me to get messages. i do agree with the service area thing though. I had service everywhere and never dropped a call. I know have Page Plus Cellular. They will flash any verizon phone and they cell nice phones as well. They also go off of verizons cell towers so I always have service. I pay 39.99 a month WITH TAX :) which is unlim everything text talk and up too 100 MB of data. It works for know, i dont use the net that much anyway. They also offer BREW where u can download ### for free like ringtones or games ### like that. Check it out .. I like it

• Br
    Brandon garrett Dec 21, 2009

I dont have boost yet but my mom and dad is making me get one., ..i am getting the Motorola Boost Mobile Unlimited i425 Cell Phone how does that work!?

• Ki
    kimsgurl08 Dec 01, 2009

I got the Boost Unlimited because where I live has BAD signal, and Boost seemed to be the only thing that worked at my house.
    After getting it, the signal is indeed a good signal, but the service lacks alot to be desired. On the weekends I cannot make or recieve calls, the phone says "systems are busy try call again later". If I NEED the phone, I don't have it, when i DON'T need it, I have perfect signal.
    I also agree with everyone that says the texting is a pain. You are right, when you get text, takes forever to download, and when you send one, it takes forever to send.
    I suppose $50 a month is a deal for the service you get, but there are others that are cheaper, and offer better service. I think I may try those if Boost doesn't get it together.

• Or
    orangie84 Nov 28, 2009

I don't know what everyone is talking about..
    I have had boost for over 2 years now and I never had any of these problems!!
    I text a lot and sometimes once in a blue moon what will happen is when I go to send a text it will say no service.
    But I found if I power down the phone take out the battery and then the sim card then put it all back together again and power back up the phone "POOF" all problems solved.
    You HAVE to take the sim card out and wait like 30 seconds..
    why this works I am not sure but the first time it happened I took it to the dealer and that was what the dealer had to do and he said I could and should do the same if the phone messes up..
    It's like a total reboot for the phone.
    (PS try doing that if your phone has web or text issues it might help you.)
    But I really don't have issues at all with boost...
    Maybe location effects the phone (as in what ever state of the US your in)..
    Maybe??
    ?

• Bu
    BuffaloCouple Nov 15, 2009

I have the same problems with the sending and reciving text messages my boyfriend and i can be sitting next to each other and it will take over 10 mins to get and send the text messages! And with the ringtones 2.99 FOR A SINGLE TONE? all these other companies can get and send ringtones to friends or off free sites, why cant Boost? isnt boost a part of the Sprint 3G network? well i think my phone isnt even on 1/2G network! and i am paying 50.00 a month and of course if you pay with a credit card they charge you extra and then now they have the charges at the paystations too????????? COME ON BOOST WE PAY FOR THIS SERVICE GIVE US A BREAK!!!
    ANOTHER UNHAPPY BOOST COUSTMER!

• Re
    realshwty Nov 12, 2009

i have had boost for about 6mnths and i love the unlimited plan although i am spending my money for..unlimited text, talk, and web and if those service aren't wrking well..they're just not wrking well.NO SUGAR COATING..I believe that time and effort could be spent to try to fix most of the issues but i do get horrible service most of the time..i dont get half of my calls and the texts do take forever in sending and recieving..but because of the recession this is the best thing going.. i think that they have a lot of improvement to do to keep customers...after all it is about the consumer and a lot of them are not satisfied...

• Bo
    booger2429 Nov 11, 2009

i agree!! the messging system sucks!! i left metro pcs for boost mobile but now im thinking bout going back!!

• Ba
    BabaGanesh Oct 27, 2009

I would like to personally throttle the three or so ###s on here who are like "oh too bad, you get what you pay for" and mocking people for complaining about the UNACCEPTABLE text download times - shut the hell up. You pay for a service, the service should WORK AS ADVERTISED. That's the way it's supposed to go in capitalism. END OF DISCUSSION.

• Ni
    nicholefrom fl Oct 23, 2009

yes the service deffintly is horrible me and my husband bought the two new phones that just came and and mine is the i465 and it sucks u cant get free downloads u cant even access certain websites on the internet unless u pay an extra 12.99 for the java script every month what the hell is unlimited internet if u cant use it. for a 130.00 phone i cant even save my pics to where the pop up when a friend calls and anything that is sent to you or that u record cant even be used as a ringtone what was i thinking my sis has a at&t go phone that she paid 50.00 dollars for and it does every thing mine dont. boost sucks and i totally agree with everyone about the text sometimes i even have to turn my phone on and off to get the text to be sent. too bad i spent so much on this phone already or i would diffently go with metro pc they are growing all over fl and i have only heard great things about their service. dont get boost unlimited if havent done it already!!!

• Za
    zandralovesu Sep 22, 2009

Hello everyone.. I am a new boost mobile customer for about 2 weeks and 3 days. At first everything was going great (btw i have the i465 cluth-the phone is awesome!!! Lol) but about a week ago i started getting error messages stating "transport error", or "busy sending/recieving messages" or "storage failed". I called the customer care about i got $20 in my account for all the problems and all i calls i made to them. My problems with texting are still the same i'm hoping that the network issues get fixed because i already want revol because of the slide qwerty keyboard but i like boost mobile because they got walkie talkie and its a good company except for these issues they been havin lately

• Re
    resident33 Sep 09, 2009

boost sucks i had the old unlimited plan when it first came out and it was great ! but i decided to get the $ 50 plan i bought the Motorola I9 that i paid $ 300 and the service has suckes since then !! drop calls all the time my text messaging takes for ever to download my girlfriend hates that i get her text 3 hours later ...i'm really looking to switch phone service the $ 50 is cheap but is not worth all the mess ups that boost nextel have ..