BookWhirl.comBookwhirl.com

This company called me saying they were going to promote my book.
First they offered to build me a website, complete with features like "a free blog" for a starting price of $329. Okay, blogs are free, and you can get your own domain for $20 bucks or less for a year. The guy was telling me that most places charge $800-$1300 a year.

He told me over 500, 000 people were already interested in my book. In what country? In what universe?
I wasn't really irritated until he told me the genre for my book. He told me it was 'literary fiction' and it is actually a motivational/self-help book. I am assuming they guessed the genre because it has 'knight' in the title. I said, "It's not fiction." He replied with, "Well that's what it is listed as, okay. Which is alright, okay. It will still get sent out to people, okay..."

Then since I wasn't interested in that because I told him I knew HTML and could make my own website if I really wanted, he tried to offer me email advertising services for $5oo+. Why would I want my book associated with spam-like emails?

This place is trying to scam first-time authors who are already hurting for money as it is.

Bookwhirl.com is a scam.

Ann_Anomy Jun 21, 2012

Hi, my name is Ann and I’m a new out of the closet writer that finds your topic very interesting! I actually created a blog reviewing some of the popular Self-Publishing Companies. You should take a look at my site at http://anonymousann.blogspot.com. You might find some interesting information on my site. If you wish to add anything that is currently not there please feel free to do so. I’m still researching on some of the companies listed and I should have a complete list by end of the month. Bookwhirl is one of the companies requested to be listed on my blog to be reviewed. Thank you and enjoy!

• Co
    ColoradoPie Jun 04, 2013

Hi Mindwalker...I got the same call today and accidentally answered the phone. They had left messages before but since the guy could barely speak English, I never bothered to return calls. I pretty much got the same pitch and they are NOT happy if you ask questions-lol We must have had different sales people because you got a lot of "okay" and I got many many "anyway"... probably cause I kept interrupting with questions. I was told my book was so unique that he highly recommends their service of promoting it on talk shows and radio. I started to ask if he thought I just fell off the turnip truck but then I figured with his command of the English language, he wouldn't understand anyway :)

• Re