Books A Million (Bam)return policy nightmare

A friend purchased DVD season 1 and 2 of Weeds for me for my birthday. Unfortunatley I already purchased season 1 and 2. I took both seasons to the Books a Million where it was purchased, new in the package and with a books a million sticker on the outside (no receipt though), and asked to swap the seasons out for seasons 3 and 4. The manager refused because I didnt have a receipt. Really what is wrong with swapping out an item when it is new in the package, obviously came from BAM and you are requesting to swap an item for an item that is the exact same price? BAM would not have lost any funds by swapping the product for me. The only thing they lost was a customer.
When I walked in the store initially and spoke to the first clerk and explained my situation the clerk actually said "I'll go ahead and call my manager but I am going to warn you that BAM has the worst return policy I have ever heard of and BTW my manager isn't exactly nice to work with." THE CLERK WAS RIGHT!
When the manager arrived, to plea her case she tried to compare BAM to Target. She claimed that BAM and Target had the same return policy. That is not true. With no receipt Target would let me return an item. Granted I would get a credit for what the current price is but that is understandable.
Now I am sitting here with $60.00 in DVD's new in the box with books a millions name all over it that I have no use for and I can't even swap out because I don't have a receipt. I would never purchase any gift from this establishment for risk that the recipient could be in the same predicament as me. BAM has too much competition to have a faulty return policy.

PreviousCustomer Jan 10, 2011

Hilarious, Otakumas. BTW, do you have some sick fettish with tampons? You mention them in so many posts. There are a lot of educated people in this world that could help out idiotic, copying and pasting, tampon worshipping low lifes like you.

• slcody Jan 10, 2011

I agree previous customer otakumas is a stupid idiot.

PreviousCustomer Jan 10, 2011

OH! looks like someone dug themselves out of the gutter to comment on this post. As usual, people can't have decent conversations without trash being involved. Only a ### (AKA otakumas) would discount the importance of customer service.

PreviousCustomer Jan 10, 2011

No one is required to do exchanges and/or refunds but most do to retain customers and offer good services. I can't think of any decent business that wouldnt offer an even exchange if the product obviously came from their store and they could resell it.