Bodyplexcustomer service

L

I have a 'Silver Sneakers' membership, for those who don't know, this is for us old people that our insurance pays for considering it preventative. I went by around 7pm and told the girl I just wanted to sign up and asked when the least busy time was so that I may come back then to have someone show me around, she was very courteous as she answered my question. When I arrived at the designated time there were two girls behind the counter. I scanned my card and told the girl closest to me that I was not familiar with the facility or the equipment. She glanced at the computer and said, 'You're in the system go on in.' I said you don't understand, I don't know what machine does what or even where the bathroom is. She exasperatedly told me if I expected a personal trainer I would have to pay for one. I was shocked!! I know it showed on my face because she squared her shoulders to me and dropped her jaw in a mocking gesture and just as I was about to tell her what I thought of her and that gym she jerked her head toward the other girl and told her to show me around. I went with the other girl thinking I would surely let the manager know how I was treated but to my total dismay before I left I was informed the little snot I was talking to was the OWNER. So far this is the only place I've found to lodge a complaint. I'm hoping my insurance company will let me change gyms.

• Bu
    Buiness owner Apr 20, 2013

I'm sorry to hear this persons opinion but I am not suprised. I think people don't always pay attention to how they speak to others. This lady was rude from the begining. I actually almost asked her to leave. Maybe she had a bad day, Im not sure. She asked if someone could show her how to workout and I told her that we could help her learn and adjust the machines but if she needed help to workout she would have to talk to a trainer. I guess this upset her even more. Again, not sure why. I don't recall squaring off to anyone but I'm pretty sure my face was showing my amusement because no one comes in acting like this lady. I have never had anyone talk to me or my staff like this. Again maybe she wasn't aware of how she was speaking to us. She seems to currently be haveing a nice time at our gym and is nice to the staff. I'm sure if she it to see me I will get the cold shoulder but that doesn't bother me as long as my staff gets treated nicely.

Sincerely,