Menu

M
Author of the complaint
7:56 pm
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Unfortunately, I had a terrible experience using this website/company. They have what they call a "SureFit Guarantee", but they failed to deliver on this promise. Just to show how meticulous and extensive this process was, here is an overview of my personal experience with Blinds.com. I provided the following:

(1) Pictures of every window and door I needed shutters/blinds for
(2) Email correspondence between me and the design consultant
(3) Two spreadsheets detailing raw measurements. I emphasized to the design consultant that these were raw measurements and he said it was no issue and that your company takes care of adding the necessary variances based on the pictures and info received.

After the above was complete. My order was submitted and I received the blinds and shutters. Some of the blinds did not fit and all of the shutters did NOT fit.

I worked with a customer rep for a re-order and I thought everything was good to go. When I received the second delivery, all the faux wood shutters we received didn't fit EXCEPT for one. Initially, I didn't understand how only one shutter fit and the rest didn't. So, I called Blinds.com. The Blinds.com representative, reviewed the notes and said the representative who assisted me with the remake for the second order only applied extensive notes to one shutter and did not apply the same notes to any of the other shutters. Hence why only one shutter fit.

To remedy this whole situation and to avoid a third remake where the products received didn't fit, I requested the following:

(1) Someone from Blinds.com to come to our home and measure the doors/windows.
(1a) To have all faux wood shutters for doors to be the same height to include the shutters for the window panels to the left and right of the french doors.
(1b) To have a faux wood shutter measured for our kitchen window. I NEVER received a final resolution for this.
(2) Someone from Blinds.com to come out and install the new shutters after delivery is made.

After multiple emails and requests for an update in writing, they never responded. When you call Blinds.com, they always promise to fix everything verbally, but they never follow up in writing. I have saved all email correspondence and dates/times I called this company. Phone calls and email correspondence started on or about Feb 8th thru April 7th. 7 different phone calls totaling to 3.5 hours of wasted time.

Unless you want to spend hours (literally hours) trying to order or correct a blinds/shutters delivery, I highly recommend you stay away from this website. Pay the extra money and use a local company to come out and measure, deliver and install the blinds and/or shutters at your home.

Email sent to Blinds.com on April 2nd, 2021 detailing issue:

Hello Langston,

Thank you for the email. I apologize for the delayed response. It has taken me a while to gather everything you and other Blinds.com representatives have requested in sufficient detail.

Everything concerning the first order (Reference Order No. 9600781; details attached) of shutters/blinds can be found at the following link:

The above link contains the following:

(1) Pictures of every window and door I needed shutters/blinds for
(2) All email correspondence between me and the design consultant

For the 2nd round (Reference Order No. 9711055; details attached), all the faux wood shutters we received didn't fit EXCEPT for Window Name: French DL. All shutters received were the dimensions listed on the attached pdf. Initially, I didn't understand how only one shutter fit and the rest didn't. So, I called Blinds.com. The representative said that the notes for Window Name: French DL were different and more detailed than the notes for any of the other shutters. She said that it looked like the representative who assisted me with the remake for this order only applied extensive notes to Window Name: French DL and did not apply the same notes to any of the other shutters. Hence why only one shutter fit.

To remedy this whole situation and avoid a remake where the products received don't fit, I am requesting the following:

(1) Someone from Blinds.com to come to our home and measure the doors/windows.

If you need anything else, please let me know.

Thanks,
Michelle Corley

Helpful? 1 0
Sep 01, 2021 9:59 am
Hi Michelle, we're so sorry for our delayed response here. I've looked into your issue and see you were able to speak to our Social Care team back in May who worked to resolve this for you. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns - and you can always contact us directly at [email protected] if needed. We're always happy to help! -- Blinds.com Social Care Team

More Blinds.com complaints & reviews

Blinds.com - freebeegas.com
Blinds.com - poor customer service-unreasonable wait time!
Blinds.com - custom shades/blinds - heads up