Big 5 Sporting Goodsbait and switch

N

Don't go here!!! They never have what they advertise, and are notorious
for pulling a bait and switch everytime. My mother went there 3 years ago to purchase a Swiss Army watch that they advertised in the paper. When she got to the store not only did they NOT have that item, they tried to sell her a cheopo watch that wasn't even the Swiss Army brand(they didnt have ANY Swiss Army watches at all!) Then mom wrote to the company HQ and within a few weeks she was contacted by HQ and she was told that the problem store had her item available.
Today we went there and she wa looking for a particular jogging suit. Well, big surprise...they didnt have that item in stock, and yet again they tried to sell her a crappy brand that looked like someone had beaten it with the ugly stick. So after getting all upset, the clerk said he would give her a raincheck. I then told her loud enough for every clerk in that store that we would be filing a complaint on Complaints board.com, and any other consumer complaint sites that we can find. A man came from the back of the store and was being real pushy and wanted me to give him my e mail address so that he could send me coupons! Yeah right! He did not want to take no for an answer and I finally told him that I didnt want any junk mail on my computer. Stay as far away from this store as you can. I also got alot of bad vibes from there too, right when we walked in.