Bethany Christian Services (Traverse City)They steal children, to make money.

F Review updated:

This business is only in it for the money. They steal kids from parents by making them jump through impossible hoops, and meanwhile charging them huge bills to put extra money in their own pockets. They seem to think $7, 000 is appropriate for 6 months of foster care, and I'm sure they want to cash in on half of that. Since DHS cost for foster care is about $3, 000 for 6 months that's what the foster parent gets, $4, 000 to steal your kid is what BCS get's. Then I'd imagine take these children and sell them as an adoption for a little extra cash. I hope they burn in hell.

notacomplainer2 Mar 01, 2013

Actually, the private agency does not charge the parents anything for foster care. Any amount, as in child support, charged the parents is determined by the State (DHS). Foster parents are paid by the agency that are licensed through (the dollar amount is correct, about $500/mo), and it isn't all coming out of the same pot. The State allots a certain amount per child to the private agency. A little over $1000 a month to support a child isn't too far fetched. As far as making it too difficult - out of all the cases that I have experience with, requiring housing, job, counseling or parenting classes is not asking too much.

• Al
    Al T Aug 28, 2013

Sounds like Bethany Christian Services is in it for the money. I've heard of other complaints in Grand Rapids, MI Bethany Christian Services as well.

• Ji
    Jim and Rachel Jul 26, 2019

My husband and I went through the Wexford office. Our worker was Christina Sutton. She was nice to us until we did our home visit. After that, she had many demands of us to assuage her concerns. Nothing we did was enough. Our psychology evaluation was not detailed enough. However, the letter from Bethany gave few details for what they wanted evaluated from an outside agency. We finally abandoned being adoptive parents because it seemed like nothing would be good enough.