Bensons Bedsterrible experience

M

I ordered two beds and mattresses from Bensons in oct. 2007, delivery on 5th nov. 2007, the van arrived minus one single bedframe, after several phone calls by the delivery men and myself we were told the frame was out of stock, the driver admitted he new this before they left the factory. Our old beds had been picked up by our local council the same morning, (at 7am) the only convenient time for either party, My husband slept on the floor for three nights until the manager of the store arranged to loan us a metal frame until our order was back in stock. I was given two further estimated times of delivery, which I had to keep pressing for, In march of this year after three visits to the store and numerous telephone calls I canceled the order of the bedframe and asked for a new agreement to be sent, after several calls again I was told this was not possible I would have to pay the original interest free agreement off and be refunded the difference, I would not agree to these terms, I e-mailed Bensons Head Office twice, I did not get a response the first time, I have now received a new contract with the correct price and an apology from the new manager at the store.

I do not feel this good enough, No one has ever asked for any payment even after I stressed concern over it, If I had not kept pushing for the matter to be resolved I wonder how long I would have to wait. I am a disabled senior citizen and this whole business has been distressful.

• Valerie Oct 16, 2007

Hello,

Approx three months ago Bensons Beds delivered some beds for me, the day before I had my whole house carpeted in cream colored (very expensive) carpet.

The delivery men walked across my garden and into my home without foot coverings, ruining my hallway, stairs and two bedroom carpets. Bensons have cleaned the carpets twice and now have said that as they have cleaned it twice I should buy some cleaning materials myself and clean the carpets...

I have been calling every day for two months and Pam Hughes refuses to answer my calls, please can someone give me some advice. I have been crying over this, I am a single parent and work full time to provide for my children and give them a lovely home, all the building work has stopped whilst I try to resolve the matter.

Regards,
    Amanda Clark

• Vi
    Vimal Jul 03, 2008

You are very right

• Gr
    G robinson Mar 03, 2009

I am amazed how stupid some people are today . When accepting a delivery onto new carpets how hard would it be to put dust sheets down or even ask ask the delivery men to wipe or remove footwear . I recently received beds from Bensons beds and had similiar problem when asked they put protective covers over shoes even though i had put covers down .Whennever i see reviews how come there, s always a sob story attached just to pull heart strings

• To
    tonyducktail Jul 23, 2009

i had a delevery today by bensons beds the delevery guys carryed the base into my home which came in to halfs no problem i hear you say then thay said that the mattress would not go up the stairs thay didnt even get it out of the lorry to find out if it would go up the stairs or not it seem to me thay could not be botherd we payed three and a half thousend pound for this bed you would think thay would make a effort we went back to the shop in kings lynn and told them what happend and the guy did every thing he could to sort it out he said we could have a king size as we orderd a super king he allso phoned custerme serveries to find out if thay would refund the difrence but no thay said thay dont do that anyway the guy at bensons beds has aranged for someone to delever our bed on sunday the 26 july 2009 and he is comeing to help us to carry the mattres up to our bedroom good gut a this isnt the end of the matter i intend to take my complant all the way

Jan Lovegrove Jan 20, 2010

I ordered a complete bedroom suite via Head Office, Kevin Newham, Head of Sales. This was early in December 2009. I paid in full for the complete set of bedroom furniture. Initially I was informed that it would be delivered before Christmas. It was difficult to then contact Bensons to confirm a delivery time. Neither returned calls made directly to them prior to Christmas. Despite the assurances of customer services she would contact me the following day at an appointed time. After 2 aborted attempts to deliver furniture (weather), which I fully appreciate, the delivery then took place but was incomplete (one chest of drawers was missing). The delivery driver stated that he was aware of this and that new arrangements would be made for the order to be completed. However, on the same day, a message left on message bank, which I have retained, states very clearly that Bensons no longer stock this furniture and that I would have to select another from a different range. As I do not wish to have odd furniture, a prompt and full refund would close the matter.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices