Be Wiser InsuranceExcessive Cancel Fees

I have recently sold my van and moved back down to a car. I no longer required the policy because I no longer have the van. The company is charging me 3 months worth of insurance for cancelling, this is over £350. Now I didn't expect to just be able to cancel and expected an admin fee of some kind. But this is such a large fee to charge when they wont even be providing a service. 2 1/2 months of cover will be the period they have covered me for in total (this insurance year) even though I have been with them for 14 months.
I have had used many insurance companies over the years and I've never had one hit me for 3 months worth of premiums on cancelling the policy. Its pure greed.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices