BBVA Compassnsf fees, account holds, deceipt

S

Compass charges overdraft charges on hold amounts authorized through your ACH card. If you go buy gas and they "hold"$100 on your account and the charge is $31.00; if the $100 "hold" overdarafts your account they will charge you $38 for each transaction. This in itself is a bit shady, but that is not the worst part: They report different information to the online banking system! If you are using the online banking to balance your check book (information they provide and you should be able to rely on) you are making financial decision based on inaccurate information. They have no explanation for this either! I went in to the branch to speak to David Thompson, Investment Banker. I asked him to please explain why I was being charged overdraft charges on my account when I have a positive balance. He refused ( I am not exhagerating), yes refused, to explain it to me. When I asked him to look at my online statements he told me that "his screen is different". When I asked why his information would be different that what is being provided to clients to rely on; his answer was "I don't know" and told me that he already reviewed the account and could not be of any assistance. His manager also refused to explain why I would be charged over draft charges on a positive balance and then asked me to leave the bank! He stated that I would need to contact customer service. Why should I have to call customer service in a different state to find out that they hold your money long before they process charges, post all debits before credits regardless of which came first and that they changed their rules in June of 2008!!! I am sick of crooks! This is a deceptive practice and should be revealed to consumers!

Chris V Hart Apr 04, 2017

WOW I got hit by the same level of crap service from BBVA Compass.

I mean charge me fees sure. But to have their employees also threaten me and treat me like crap

NO DICE. I aim to cancel my account ASAP