BBVA Compass Bankjhorrible auto loans

I bought a new car in 2012. The dealership arranged financing through BBVA Compass Bank. I wanted to pay cash for the car but the dealership begged me to finance it instead and said, "It will build your credit." I thought, "oh, what can it hurt?" After I took possession of the car, I waited. Not a word from BBVA Compass Bank. I didn't know who the financing was arranged through or who to make payments to. So I had to call the dealership and find out, then call BBVA Compass Bank and ask for payment books with address so I could make my payment. Still, no payment books. I called several times. I finally just used my online banking and made the payments like that. Could not get any information from BBVA Compass. I got so sick of their bad service, I sold the car and plan to buy another one and pay cash. However, after I sold my car, I could not get the title sent to me. My bank wired the payment directly to BBVA Compass Bank but it was not until one month later and a demanding phone call that I received my title. The guy that bought the car was threatening to bring it back. As it turned out, BBVA was sending my stuff to the wrong address, even though every time I called about my missing stuff, I would tell them my address to make sure they had it right. They were putting a totally wrong city. What a lousy company. I can't stand that bank! Bad service

• To
    Tony Gauthier Apr 19, 2016

Three days after my due date I received a call about my past due payment. Told her the check is in the mail. She then made me verify ALL of my personal information, including the phone number that she just called me on. Claims no "grace period". Interest is charged at $5 per day past due date, plus phone calls. I will be refinancing this as soon as possible.

• Mi
    Michael B Feb 05, 2014

Not far off from my own experience. Bought new truck in Feb. 20013. Dealership arranged financing through BVAA Compass... In the 11 months I have had this loan, they have arbitrarily sent 4 different payment books (not the "next" one, but a replacement starting usually with the month it is sent in - except the most recent). Each with a new payment due date. No explanation. Further, payments are credited right up against the end of the "grace period". Payment mailed to days or two weeks before the printed due date - doesn't matter. And a couple of times, payments were not credited in a timely manner (despite being mailed well ahead of due date - even by their own statements when on the phone).
    Latest run-in - yet another payment book. Sent payment before due date. Got call today asking about late payment. Ummm... even by the OLD due date, I am still in the "grace period". Oh - and never mind that they closed for winter weather for two days (about the time we expected payment to arrive to them). They are seriously back-logged. But why the call before the grace period/late date? Also found out the latest payment book I received - the date doesn't match what they have in their computers... 3 days difference. Why?