Bath Fitter — Will not honor lifetime warranty
Contacted the Bath Fitter in Livonia, MI. concerning the silicon caulk separating from the wall and tub and the black mold in the caulk. I was told by the person on the phone that there would be a $75.00 charge to replace the caulk. The information I received on the flier supplied by the salesman stated very clearly that "Material, Labor, and installation are GUARANTEED. The Bath Fitter Lifetime Warranty affords you the peace of mind you deserve." The Bath Fitter product was installed in April of 2011. The first tub liner installed did not fit correctly and had to be replaced. At that time the caulk had to be removed and replaced. Sometime later the caulk began separating from the wall and tub and had to be replaced again. We are now only 3 years and 2 weeks into a "LIFETIME GUARANTEE" and the caulk is separating again and needs to be replace and has black mold growing in the caulk. I believe the cause of the separation is due to the old caulk not being thoroughly cleaned before the new was applied. Most silicon caulk/sealant for bathroom applications are mold proof and guaranteed for approximately 20 to 30 years. The silicon caulk/sealant that I applied to the shower doors, that were installed at the same time, show absolutely NO SIGHS OF SEPARATING OR MOLD GROWTH. Bath Fitter WILL NOT sell a tube of caulk that matches the color of the tub and wall surround so the homeowner can do the repair so you are captive and must pay Bath Fitter $75.00 to replace their defective material that "Material, Labor, and installation are GUARANTEED. The Bath Fitter Lifetime Warranty affords you the peace of mind you deserve." When I told the person on the phone I would be filing a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau due to the fact that I MUST PAY Bath Fitter $75.00 to get a proper repair, because they WILL NOT sell the caulk to the homeowner, I was told "WELL DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO". Customer service at it's finest. NO WHERE ON THE PAPER WORK I RECEIVED OR ON THE BATH FITTER WEBSITE IS THERE ANY REFERENCE TO AN EXCEPTION TO THE LIFETIME GUARANTEE OF THE WARRANTY COVERING THE "MATERIAL, LABOR, AND INSTALLATION."
More Bath Fitter Complaints & Reviews
- Bath Fitter - Total scam
- Bath Fitter - They tried to force me to sign a contract
- Bath Fitter - Avoid tub liners
- Bath Fitter - Something to consider BEFORE calling Bath Fitter
- Bath Fitter - Bath Fitter does horrible installation, uses pressure tactics on seniors, lies about problems and the installer was very poorly trained .
- Bath Fitter - refused to give an estimate unless spouse was home
- Bath Fitter - refund
- Bath Fitters - shower installation failure
- Bath Fitters - bath fitters and, and flooding house tardy in finishing job. product does not have lifetime guarantee as advertised
- Bath Fitter - Grim business