Menu
Banner Desert Medical Center
reviews & complaints

Banner Desert Medical Center
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

19 complaints
0 resolved 19 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Banner Desert Medical Center. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
N
9:41 pm

Banner Desert Medical Center - Surgery released with no meds...again

My name is Norman Brown and received surgery on 06/22/2022 and was released the same day... with no meds again.

The surgery went well, Dr Toth is an awesome surgeon, the entire

nursing staff were all wonderful ... except, I had been released

after surgery with absolute no word on my medication from all the nurses etc, nobody had any idea, however my mother and girlfriend both had been asking the staff about my medication with continual answers of 'it has been taken care of' or they have no idea about them..not anybody asked seemed to care. My pharmacy is Banner family pharmacy on Detroit street in Chandler because they mail my medication's asap and was listed on ALL my documentation paperwork, I would have gladly picked them up after surgery if 'anybody' could have answered properly or even cared after my release. After two days now with no medication I now find out my meds are at desert banner pharmacy where I was for surgery, my paperwork clearly indicates the normal pharmacy. So when all the staff members continually told me, my mother and my girlfriend that it has been takin care of, when released they accompanied me to the car and watched us leave...after surgery no meds again... 2018 after spine surgery at Desert Banner the exact same incident happened and I released with no meds and wound up the same night at Baywood ER for no meds. There is a very clear problem for real patient care at Desert Banner. Now two days later no meds again! Now I have to get back to Desert Banner in the morning for my meds...there is VERY big problem with patient care at Desert Banner. I pray I do no get clots etc despite the pain suffered due to sheer ignorance...again.

J
12:46 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Banner Desert Medical Center - Check in time to see a patient.

I arrived at the children's building on Saturday at 925am to see my 87 year old mother to find out that the visiting hours are not until 10am. However I was never told what they were when I left last night at 715pm. This is family and your 10am check in time is not fair to the patient and family. I am her son sitting in the waiting room until 10am because the nurse who is overseeing her said I could not come up to her room. I traveled 50 miles to get here this morning.. These rules are unfair and need to be changed.. (Room 313)

C
2:52 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was treated today at banner desert second time this week I have teri el neuropathy they left me in a chair for over 3 hours drugged so bad I was out of it never once checked on me I am very upset the way I was treated will not go back there when I asked to lie down britney said you can stand I have a four wheel walker but I can’t stand for long periods of...

D
11:00 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name is Darry Meade and the brother of Jacqueline Goldson a patient in your facility room 405 admitted 2/6. My niece (Nancy Meade) Jackie’s daughter and I have been leaving messages at the nursing station trying to get a Dr. or Nurse to contact us to provide update on her condition/prognosis. We are her next of kin. William Johnson who has been...

S
5:17 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Upon arrival I was having an acute episode of PTSD from early onset trauma. I was brought in by ambulance and placed in the hallway for a short period of time. I was calm and seeking to get medically cleared so I could be placed into a treatment facility. Shortly after given a room I was immediately asked to change into a purple paper suit. I asked why I...

Banner Desert Medical Center - Helping my husband with large blood clot

My h u sband was sent there for a large blood clot in his right leg has a history of blood clo ts va sent him. He has been there for days n othing is being done... Promise eac h day to do su rgery... So far not hing 5 days always say emergencies is w hy. But later told by a dr. They were not there labor da y. Lied too... That blood clot could break off and k ill him. But yet noth ing always prmoised the next day. And then happens again next da y... I called va to see if they c ould do something... The nurse are nice but they keep saying no one calls them bac k so the y know n othing. I want my h u sband to be ta ken care of t his is a dangerous situation... We dont like to complain. But he said if not tomorrow he is walking out... Have to take him to another hospital th at will do someth ingg
Marge

Desired outcome: fi x my hu sbands leg or release him

B
7:01 pm

Banner Desert Medical Center - Staff

Nurses and aide have been ignoring my call light it takes a whole hour or so before nurse comes in I've been here for a week and stay again another week I thought they are here to help mei got surgery and i need pain meds. I often just hear them talking, laughing and complaining about me at the nurse station about me i don't feel comfortable or healing at all.i starve for two days twice since they check my file and just say i have surgery

1 comment
M

i can understand that...i see them texting on t h ei r p hones at t heir computers

7:45 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 8/7/21 at approximately 1am, a family member was transported to Banner Desert ED, for a mental health evaluation, as she was extremely intoxicated (BAC 3.0) and had made threats of self-harm. approximately 12 hours post arrival, clinical staff attempted to conduct an evaluation with the patient, at which point she declined and requested to be discharged...

11:15 am

Banner Desert Medical Center - Emergency Room issues

My husband and I arrived at the Banner Desert E.R. on 07/17/21 at 0300 hours and were absolutely appalled when we drove up and saw four police officers standing around and another one with a leashed/muzzled K-9 allowing it to urinate all over the lawn in front of the entrance. It felt like we were arriving at MARICOPA COUNTY instead of Banner! We walked in the entrance and immediately noticed the floor was littered with all sorts of debris-from tissues to diaper wipes to empty food bags. We stood and waited at an appropriate distance (but still visible by the personnel) from the registration desks where two individuals (a male to the left and a female to the right) were conversing and never acknowledged us until after we moved closer to get their attention. Once acknowledged, the male individual said 'whichever of you is the patient, please take a seat.' It seemed as if we were putting him out to take down my husband's info. My husband was in extreme discomfort due to constipation (and he also has an inguinal hernia) but when we said he was suffering from constipation, the male individual behind the desk said 'well if he's going, he's NOT constipated!' I was LIVID to say the least! WHAT AN ABSOLUTE IDIOT! Then that same male individual started making a BIG DEAL out of the fact that my husband has not received the COVID vaccine! Last time I checked, this is still AMERICA the land of freedom of choice! Needless to say, that male individual continued with his condescending attitude toward my 64-year-old husband who was extremely uncomfortable and DID NOT deserve to be JUDGED for his decision to NOT receive the COVID vaccine! My husband and I were both wearing masks yet NO ONE in the E.R., staff or patients, had MASKS on--including that male individual! The PLACE was filthy! The personnel were extremely RUDE! And we stayed about 10 minutes and then left! WE have lived in Mesa for 31 YEARS and Desert Sam Hospital was a good hospital UNTIL BANNER took it over! WE WILL AVOID that place like the plague and encourage any & all who seek medical treatment there to HEED this WARNING: You are likely to walk out of that place with MORE WRONG with you than when you walked in--physically and mentally!

Desired outcome: FIRE your RUDE, CONDESCENDING PERSONNEL and CLEANING STAFF! There are plenty of unemployed workers who COULD & WOULD do a better JOB than those working at Banner Desert E.R. currently!

7:10 pm

Banner Desert Medical Center - patient information about what and what needs to be done

when doctors came and my wife about the procedured that were to her and still needs to be done she didnt comprehand so i aske her nurse today if she could explain to she said she was busy thats take your time she said giveme half hr no problem i was there 4hr never seen her when i was about to leave we pressed the button no one came so i left how do we find whats going on and what has been done d427

8:45 pm

Banner Desert Medical Center - Bad patient care

Patient was unable to make to bathroom, had diaria all over her, was left in it for over an hour. Then they a male I don't know clean her up using a spray bottle and paper towel I have seen wipe the floor then her leg. When he was, none gave her a new robe or knew bed mat. Old one had shit on it as he legs and feet did for standing where he was squirting spray bottle. Also the day before they her so drugged she was able to function at all the hole day this was night shift at banner on Dobson and southern room d427

Desired outcome: nurses be reprimanded or something my wife is not an animal to be cleaned like that

1 comment
M

i know never seen a hospital like this one. some p oints are good they are clean but aids and ho usekeeping is good...

S
1:59 pm

Banner Desert Medical Center - Lack of care for my partner.

Dennis Fagone, 1-9-47, 2137 E. Downing St. Mesa AZ, in Desert Banner Hospital on 1-27-21 to 2-4-21.
He went in because he had major edema on both legs and open sores on multiple toes that were weeping. He was in a mobile chair on his arrival and could stand and transfer himself to bed or toilet.
He was transferred to Citadel Post Acute on Broadway in Mesa late on 2-4-21.
They told me he had a bed sore on his left butt cheek. I did not see him or the sore until I took him out of the Citadel 2 days later.
When I got him home and looked at the bed sore I started crying. It was huge almost covering his whole cheek. We called his main doctor on Monday and we showed her a picture of it. She told us she would set up an appt. for a wound care nurse to come out and look at it. The wound care nurse came out yesterday and told us it was just above a 4 on the scale of bed sore deep tissue . He also lost both hearing aids... I will be sending a picture of his bed sore.

Desired outcome: I want to know how this could of happened? In his 74 years he has never had a bed sore and he has been in the hospital multiple times. Know I am still treating his toes and a major bed sore is added to the list.

6:43 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This a horrible hospital I was lied to and they stole my support dog also I just had a baby 2 days ago prior to me and my son being cleared for discharge the girls there called dogs and filed a report on me that wasn't and waited until I had my child also swore up and down they were there to help. Kirk and Sandra hester are pathetic humane being for the...

R
6:28 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My husband Marshall Yager, was sent to Banner Desert Hospital by ambulance on June 17, 2020 because of a high fever and not responding to commands. I can't tell you what it is like to see your husband loaded up into an ambulance and never get any information or contact from the hospital as far as his status. They called when they first admitted him and...

3:48 pm

Banner Desert Medical Center - emergency department

I was instructed to go to the hospital by my provider for a procedure to be performed emergently. Upon arriving at the hospital, I was instructed to go to the Emergency Room and register. After waiting in the ED lobby for over an hour, I was taken back in to the emergency department by a technician. Moments later a PA walked by and asked if I was the patient going for a procedure. I stated that I was and he indicated he would return. Just then, a nurse arrived to take me to pre-op for my procedure.

After my discharge, I received a bill from the hospital and the emergency room provider for care rendered in the emergency department. After providing the details and the provider review of my records, it was determined no care was provided in the emergency department and the provider cancelled their billing. The hospital has remained insistent on charging the hospital emergency room facility charge despite no care being provided.

J
2:51 pm

Banner Desert Medical Center - medical staff not taking all medical information because of mother omitting facts

My fiance carrie was taken to community bridges for meth addiction when she was picked up she remembered me fine she self checked out in morning and she disappeared for a few hours and was found on side of road and could not remember her name or any info other then my name so they contacted me. Now she has been in hospital for days and because her mother has power of attorney will not let me see her. She has been giving them incorrect info about her past addiction and she hardly talks to her mom but with amnesia she seems to be ok but the mom at this time. The staff is not having all info about her case is something that needs to be addressed. I understand the laws but they may not be able to discuss her care but that is incompetence to not take information to at least check up on it. I need to find out where carries new power of attorney that was signed last year is, the hospital seems to not. Have it now.

E
3:22 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Banner Desert Medical Center - wasn't given proper treatment or medication. was ignored for 4 hours.

Dr. James Mead ignored me for 4 hours and refused to give me anything for pain after requesting something for 3 hours. I was involved in a car accident 5 days prior and was returning to the E.R. for complications due to the accident. The accident itself caused a skull fracture, a nasal fracture, stitches in my left eyelid, back pain, and multiple lacerations. Dr. Mead had access to the accident information as well as any lay person could clearly see I was injured and in excruciating pain. Dr.James Meads actions or rather non-actions were completely unprofessional and borderline cruel and unusual. Please don't put ill people into the hands of someone like this.

View 0 more photos
T
8:46 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We took my daughter into the ER saturday december 19th 2015. The doctors who treated my daughter need to be looked at. We were told her ears were clear at the time we were there. We took her to her normal doctor this am and she has a very severe ear infection. Our PED was dumbfounded on how this could have went undetected at the time she was treated. The...

View 0 more photos
3:00 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In March 2014 I awoke with severe abdominal pain, so bad I was unabe to stand up straight, lie flat, move my legs, or take a full breath. I dont typically have health problems, it was so sudden & severe, so my husband called an ambulance because I was unable to get to the car. Right off, my nurse was pretty rude and made a comment about making a bigger...

Banner Desert Medical Center contacts