Balfourclass ring

M Review updated:

What a JOKE!!! the representative was sent to a fairly small school. She was "multi-tasking" and got my daughters ring order wrong. So we talked to the company and they were in no way willing to budge to fix their mistake. They send these people to work with teenagers, most of whom have never had to be specific on ordering something, and blame the child. My daughter asked the lady more than once to make sure that the ring she chose was correct and the rep assured her it was right. Wrong!!! the rep wrote the order wrong by one number..Who hasnt ever messed up before? yet they blame the child and want us to pay another $75 on top of the $300 we were already out to fix it..I dont think so. Come on now!!! you would think you would honor your company and do the right thing. To top it off, my daughters best friend got her ring from the same company on the same day and one of her diamonds had fallen out. Geez!!! should have went with trusty ole walmart..At least they value their customers and honor their mistakes.

Marginalized Customer Oct 21, 2020

I was just subjected to the worse customer service experience. I placed on order for a college graduation ring on August 19th, which was paid in full at the time of ordering. We received an email confirmation indicating that the ring would have a slight shipping delay and to expect it within 8 weeks. I still had not seen a shipping confirmation on October 19th, so I sent an email inquiring as to the status of receipt of the ring. The response I received was that our ring would ship in time for a virtual ceremony scheduled for December 4th. I responded via email that we have a live ceremony (thinking we were talking about the graduation ceremony) and I asked why I was told 8 weeks for delivery when Balfour was going to actually take 13 or 14 weeks to ship the ring. Instead of waiting up to 48 hours for a response, I called the customer service number. I spoke with a young lady ("A") who was one of the rudest individuals I have encountered on a customer service line. She persisted in cutting me off and not letting me finish a sentence. She kept referencing information that (1) was not posted on their website during the time we were making our purchase, (2) that was not available on the university's campus as they had been closed due to COVID from March through late August when in-person classes resumed, and (3) did not acknowledge the major disconnect represented by the email confirmation that I received indicating I would get the product within 8 weeks. This did not matter to her; no doubt because she could not be bothered to listen. My favorite response from her was "why should my son get his ring before anyone else?" The ring will be shipped in time for a virtual "ring" ceremony (ah, not the graduation ceremony and not something my son has signed up for). Once again, the information about holding all rings for some virtual ring ceremony was not on their website nor a part of the purchase confirmation that I received. I also confirmed that no information was posted to the university's website either (other than ordering a ring is your responsibility, choose the company you want). This has been a hideous experience and I will not hesitate to warn others that Balfour does not provide honest or accurate communications and they simply do not care about your experience. It goes without saying that their customer service is horrid and other consumers should be warned to locate another vendor for this important purchase.