AXA Advisorsunethical practices

M

My husband worked for Axa for 77 weeks. He graduated from CSU, enlisted in the army as an airborne infantry soldier, went to Iraq, fought for our freedom, got cancer during combat, finished his tour and came back to more hell on earth in the form of 18 months of cancer treatment. After his treatments he got a job at Axa. We were both ready for the future without cancer, without combat, and ready to make a life finally as we were newly married 2 weeks before he was sent to Iraq.
Axa then proceeded to screw us over. Everything from the "keepitreal22" post said is true. My husband did not receive a wage, he paid all of his expenses to acquire new clients for axa, (dinners, phone, fuel, etc...) . After leaving axa, and after some time went by we were served on CHRISTMAS MORNING by a collector stating we owed Axa an obscene amount of money. Apparently someone canceled a policy my husband had sold them before the minimum 12 months that they must carry it. I guess when that happens the salesman (my husband) has to pay back the commission. Although the amount they were asking for still does not make sense to me, as I do not recall receiving that money in the first place. We don't have that kind of money and it is simply not possible to pay it. My husband now has a judgement against him, that has been a financial nightmare for us. The benefits he should enjoy as a veteren that fought in a foreign war are largely unavailable to him due to this judgment. Our house is under water because of the Fannie mae/freddie Mac fiasco and I can't take advantage of programs that would take our interest rate from a 7.25-4.75 because of this judgement against my husband. I AM ANGRY AND SICK THAT THERE ARE PERVERSE COMPANIES OUT THERE THAT ARE ALLOWED TO OPERATE WITH THESE CORRUPT BUSINESS PRACTICES AND NOBODY OR NOTHING CAN STOP THEM FROM HURTING GOOD PEOPLE. If anybody reads this post and knows of help out there, please post back.

• Ri
    richco Jan 13, 2014

The reasoning for your husband to be paying back on the cancelled policy is 100% NOT AXA's fault. If a policyholder cancels a policy before the minimum earned premium is due OR if a commission is paid in full and the policy cancels before the 12 month term, then he does owe the commission back. Maybe your husband didn't disclose how much he was getting to you. These companies don't pay you to go drum up business, why should they? This is a sales job that requires you to go get business. I like that you put in that your house is "under water" and proceed to blame it on someone else. YOU bought the house when prices were outrageously high, nobody made you. If you want to be mad at someone, look in the mirror! The reason you owe AXA the money is quite simple, they paid the commission back and are now collecting it from the person who sold the product. This happens in insurance industry all the time when a policy cancels prematurely. You really should look at the whole picture because in this case, you are in the wrong. I appreciate and respect your husband fighting for us, I really do. But because he's a veteran doesn't give him a free pass

• Bo
    bob abooey Nov 05, 2012

I don't know how they can sleep at night...total con artists and ...scam all the way stay away!!!