Avenue Storesonline sales - advertise free shipping, then charge for shipping

J Oct 31, 2018

I made an international purchase to Canada on September 30. Website advertised free shipping on orders to Canada over $170. My purchase was over $190. I expected the site to correct the shipping charge ($51.40) before sale was completed. The correction was never made and the sale was completed including the shipping charge. I immediately contacted the company via email to request the refund of the shipping charge, or the cancellation of my order. I phoned the customer service line on October 2. I was advised that my concern had been forwarded for follow-up and I should hear back with some resolution in 7-10 business days. I have sent emails on October 8 and October 24. The only response I have received is that I shoul hear back within 7-10 or 10-15 business days, and that the delay is due to a "systems update". I received the order that I asked to cancelled in mid October. Avenue has done nothing to address their false advertising and resulting fraudulent sale in 23 business days.

online sales - advertise free shipping, then charge for shipping