AutoPartsWarehouse.comWrong parts on 4 out of 6 orders!

J

Autopartwarehouse.com is the parent site for nearly 100 hundred different auto parts sites on internet all have different looks and feels but tie in to the same company and ordering system. On 4 of the 6 times I have ordered i have gotten the wrong parts. All parts need an RMA to be returned. Getting an RMA is like pulling your own teeth out. You fill out a return form and they tell you to expect an rma in 2-3 business days. Except in ever circumstance you never ever get one. Then you are forced to keep calling, and emailing until they finally give it to you manually. In one case it took me 3 weeks before getting on and nearly 60 days before my card was credited. Additionally you will eat the return shipping and if you want the part swapped out they will charge you again for shipping for their mistake. It is by far one of the worst managed ordering, shipping, and return systems i have encountered.

• Au
    autopartswarehouse.com Feb 02, 2014

I ordered window regulator from the website www.autopartswarehouse.com. They sent me completely different parts, which I haven’t ordered. I sent emails and called, and the seller promised to deliver right parts within 3 days. After that no one delivered these parts, as well as the seller’s number was busy all the time. Maybe someone has any ideas how to return money back, please contact me then or leave a comment. Thanks.

• Nu
    Numage Jan 14, 2013

My comments are strictly about FRAUD and misrepresentation and NOT particularly the quality of any parts.
    I also really don't feel that the star rating system accurately reflects my total view on this network of web sites or in this case the site autopartswarehouse.
    One of the other problems I have is that when a person is reviewing one of these auto parts web sites that person is actually reviewing an entire network of web sites and doesn't know it.
    I didn't and I buy a lot of parts.
    Basically, I feel like an idiot to have not realized this before now.
    The only reason that I think that I haven't ever realized this issue before is because "I have never had a part fail" while still under warranty until this last December with this one fog light. So as least I know the parts I am buying from this network will at least last for a year.
    Also, I am strictly addressing the parts to do with vehicle lighting, fog lights and headlights, because this is when the awakening happened for me about this network.
    Both of which anyone would agree are extremely important for the safety of any vehicle.
    Also, my comments have nothing to do with this site or any of their NUMEROUS other sites "customer service people".
    This site is owned by the U.S. Auto Parts Network a few of the others are, JC Whitney, Partstrain, Discount Car Lights, StylinTrucks, and many others.
    I am currently compiling a list of all the sites associated with this network.
    You can purchase parts that are as good as they get in the aftermarket auto parts business but you do actually need to look through all of their other sites because what makes them different generally from each other is the price and if you are going to purchase from this particular site well great and here is a site you can go to and get coupons for a little off at their site, http://www.retailmenot.com/view/autopartswarehouse.com.
    I have used these coupons and they generally work, but always remember there is always some kind of catch.
    This site sells some after market auto parts like fog lights and headlights under the name of Replacement Brand Quality parts and promotes these parts as if these parts are manufactured by some company called Replacement and this is a lie.. and this is what has really gotten me upset and flat angry on many levels.
    I have even just went to this site to double check about my current comments and almost anything auto part you would want to buy can have the name of Replacement associated to it, not just in lighting but everything and there is NO manufacturer called replacement brand product.
    Let me be clear on something here, I am in the auto restoration business or well at times it seems more as a hobby, as I am not making much money at the moment, however what I want to make clear is that because the parts I am referring to is falsely sold under the name of Replacement Brand parts, does NOT actually mean it's a bad part, because it probably isn't due to the fact that the parts I am commenting on in this review are in regards to lighting which is either manufactured by Depo brand, eagle eyes, or TYC and I think there may be two other actual manufacturers at least in the lighting end of things.
    I am very upset with this network.
    I had a customer come back with a fog light I installed which was sold to me by another one of this networks web sites under the name of Replacement Brand.
    The fog light was defective and so going back through the paper work, I see that it's still just one day under the expiration of the warranty period of one year.
    So I try and start the warranty process.
    The company gave me absolutely no problem honoring their warranty.
    So there you go, I am not calling this network crooks, directly. Heck why wouldn't they honor their warranty. Because it's unlikely the customer is going to follow through with the warranty process when they discover just how complicated and expensive it is and then it still up to them if you will get a refund after they receive the part and they inspect it and make sure you sent it precisely as directed when you get their RMA directions emailed to you.
    On my profile page you can look at these documents for return of merchandise.
    I can also say that I feel fairly safe in saying that what I am saying here even though my situation was at another site, Discount Car Lights, that the process, and customer service are all the same as this is a huge network and I believe located in Carson City.
    All the correspondence I have went back through and looked at are all in the same format basically form letters and the other clue to the websites all being linked to the same network are their web pages that will mostly all look the same, with the exception of this Autopartswarehouse site, which actually out of all of their many sites I have found this one to be unique compared to all the others.
    Just keep in mind when shopping this network of auto parts websites that the major difference is the price and that's also why they guarantee price match, but the warranties also are all the same, which is another clue to the network, one year and unlimited mileage. Some you can actually buy a longer warranty.
    So anyhow, this defective fog light is when all of this starts to become clear to me when I go get the original shipping box to return it and right there on the box this so called Replacement Brand part shipping box is labeled by the actual manufacturer by a company called DEPO, well what the heck is this I wonder, so I start to inquirer to the web site I bought it from and it all starts to become clear on what is being pulled by this network of auto parts web sites.
    By the way, always keep everything when you buy parts, box, paperwork everything because if you have to return it and don't have everything right down to scrap of paper, forget about your warranty.
    I can't tell you how many thousands of hours I have spent looking for parts online and trying to get the best price and then to now find out that I was quit often mostly looking at web sites all operated by just ONE huge network of websites.
    If you have a part that is defective good luck is all I can say, most warranties for a Replacement part is one year and unlimited mileage. Wow unlimited mileage.
    I am going to review as many of this networks sites as I can on this fraud issue and their misrepresenting the parts they are selling as Replacement Brand Parts.
    I have a big issue with them, I have made it very clear to them and I will also make it known that the FTC will be taking a look at this network.
    About the fog light, the problem I was going to possibly face if I where to send this defective part back was all to do with product labeling.
    Here's what I mean, I have purchased a set of original equipment fog lights, they are sold under the name of Replacement Brand but actually they are manufactured by a company called DEPO and this is clearly labeled with their product name on the lens.
    So, there are only a few companies that make after market lighting and they all label their name of the lens, so I send this defective part back, purchase another one under the name again of replacement brand but now instead of getting back a Depo Brand light this network warehouse people send me this time a light made by TYC, and it's labeled on the lens.
    Well my customers who are all very particular just as I am would notice this immediately.
    I hope that this makes sense to you as the reader and to why selling parts under basically a generic type name of Replacement and not by the actual manufactures name can or could be a problem.
    With more and more people trying to do their own repairs due to repair shop costs, and a tough economy, I can not stand any company that pulls this stunt of naming something like REPLACEMENT, just to "redirect traffic" to their sites.
    THIS IS BASICALLY IS MY ENTIRE $#*! WITH THIS NETWORK !!
    When you are looking for a part for your car, you just might Google something like "replacement fog light 1998 Buick Regal" and then there you go, right to THEIR Replacement Brand Quality parts.
    For me that is deliberately stealing sales from other after market parts sites that are actually selling the parts by the real manufacturer's name.
    Yes, for a fact this network of websites prices are lower than the sites that are selling the same parts but by the actual manufacturers name, because this network is HUGE, it's like Walmart.
    I'm sorry but I just believe in honesty and fair play and this network of after market parts websites has none of that.
    So for me, I never use the word replacement in my search and I go to the auto manufacturer's site and get the original parts number or find who the OEM was and go from there.
    I don't know if I have just wasted most of a day sitting here thinking and writing this, but I did and maybe no one really gives a crap and if that's the case please tell me, seriously as I guess if anything I just feel like an idiot for not having figured this Replacement Part re-naming thing out before this and how the word replacement does redirects traffic to this networks sites.
    It is fraud, I have warned them and contacted the FTC and I will be all over this until I am completely satisfied that this misrepresentation has stopped.
    And just to make it known, "I do not sell auto parts on the internet."
    I just like to modify cars and the name of the manufacturer does make a difference. That is also why I am so stunned to say the least that I was not aware of this before now and probably wouldn't have caught on if it were not for one defective fog light. wow

DaveTheFavorite Oct 27, 2011

Free shipping...with a THIRTY DOLLAR ($30.00) HANDLING CHARGE

Next day delivery for an extra fee...they'll charge your card the SAME DAY...and ship the product the NEXT WEEK. I always thought that "next" meant "consecutive"...silly me.

Try cancelling an order BEFORE IT'S FINALIZED...they will ignore your documented cancellation requests and deliver it anyway. Then you have to send it back AT YOUR EXPENSE (and inconvenience) only to have them charge your credit card with a RESTOCKING FEE.

• Mr
    mrunning Jul 26, 2011

Also screwed by autopartswarehouse. Sent cheap knock-off part that would NOT fit my car; response from them after multiple attempts was "it's your problem"

Either avoid or check out your part as soon as received even for something as simple as an air filter.

• Sk
    Skitto Jul 20, 2011

I am sending the same letter of complaint I sent to the president of this company.

I am writing you this letter not to ruin other peoples life but hoping that this
    will be an eye opener to you, the management and who ever needs to know what.
    This is my first time ever in my entire work experience to write a letter of
    complaint to the people who needs to know what is really happening inside the
    office.

I am Ms. Katheryn Enriquez, I served your company for 15 months and I must
    admit, that I found a family your company. I loved my job, Im at my best
    everyday I go to work like it's my first day. I thought I will be working in
    this company for 5 more years, but my views have changed. I hate to say this but
    right now management's getting worst. People working there don't want to speak
    about what is really going on because they are afraid they might be the bosses
    apple of the eye. But I think it's time to stand up and fight for what is right.

Last Sept. 14, 2017 I filled an immediate resignation because of one Incedent.
    At around 5am to 6am Mr. Steve Kaay called my attention and said he wanted to
    talk to me. Entered his office with my superior Ms. Miracle Sy. He asked me
    about a certain call that happened earlier that day. I gave him details and
    whole heartedly admitted that I disconnected the call because the customer keeps
    on cursing, I warned him 3 times sir, however I am unable to help him if he wont
    cooperate so I disconnected the call. Mr. Kaay's claiming that according to the
    customer I criticized the customer and said that the customer was a "Racist
    Pig". Sir if you will check my performance and my commendations from the
    customer, I can say that I wont do such thing. The battle here is my word
    against the customer's word. And so after the conversation Mr. Kaay told me that
    MAYBE there is a language barrier because the customer told me that "IF I WERE
    IN THE US, PEOPLE WON'T UNDERSTAND ME" right then and there Mr. Kaay advised me
    that, he is suspending me '"with pay" and will not come back to work until they
    said so since they need to investigate on what happened. Sir if you'll read
    between the lines whose being racist? My point here sir is that, I hope you
    understand, all companies don't just suspend people. It needs to go under a
    process on which they need to serve me an IR (Indecent Report), Investigate,

then that's the time you tell me what's my suction, but instead, what happened
    here was Mr. Kaay VERBALLY said that I am suspended with out at least serving me
    the IR. If I am not mistaken on the IR itself it states there that "I HAVE 24-48
    HOURS TO ANSWER THE SAID IR" how am I suppose to do that if I am already
    suspended. Sir, sorry if there are some words that I use that might be
    inappropriate, but again, I am sending you this email not to mean harm, but to
    open the upper managements eyes on what is really going on. Going back, Ms Jean
    Pedraza spoke to me and gave me an OPTION but not a CHOICE. This is what I have
    been told by Ms. Pedraza which triggered me to file an immediate resignation:
    "You are in preventive suspension, however, right now I am giving you an option
    because, WHAT IF, you found guilty, and when you come back we need
    to terminate you, that's not good on your record because when your next employer
    calls us for background check WE WILL TELL THEM THAT YOU ARE TERMINATED". Sir
    according to: Labor Code of the Philippines
    Security of tenure (art. 279, LC) – the right not to be removed from a job
    without valid cause and procedure – extends to regular (permanent) and
    non-regular (temporary) employment, [2] managerial and rank and file employees
    alike.[3] Probationary employees also enjoy security of
    tenure.[4] (http://www.ilo.org/public/english/dialog...philippines.htm)
    Article 264. Prohibited activities, Article 272. Penalties for violations
    (Art. 282-286: Termination)
    PRESIDENTIAL DECREE NO. 442, AS AMENDED.
    ________________________________

ART. 282. Termination by employer. – An employer may terminate an employment for
    any of the following causes:
    (a) Serious misconduct or willful disobedience by the employee of the lawful
    orders of his employer or representative in connection with his work;
    (b) Gross and habitual neglect by the employee of his duties;
    (c) Fraud or willful breach by the employee of the trust reposed in him by his
    employer or duly authorized representative;
    (d) Commission of a crime or offense by the employee against the person of his
    employer or any immediate member of his family or his duly authorized
    representatives; and
    (e) Other causes analogous to the foregoing.

If you were in my place sir how will you react and what will you feel? I felt
    like she's threatening me. I am not guilty but the initial human reaction when
    you hear those words coming out of her mouth, you will be De-motivated, which is
    not good. I know it will affect my work performance, plus I don't want to give
    my superior headache that's why I decided to resign.

Honestly sir, top performing agent are resigning because of the
    management.Agents are de-motivated because they get lesser and lesser
    incentive every month. CAT's work hard to save your costumes but they get LESSER
    what agents gets. Maybe its just money, but for people who has family we look at
    it in a different way, especially for single moms like me. It's not easy for me
    to resign knowing that I have a 6 year old kid that I need to support. It's not
    that easy sir. If you will check the rate of those people who stayed and were
    terminated or resigned before Ms. Pedraza take over, there are less people who
    resign, now look at your rate. Resigned or end of contract employee rates high.
    It's not good sir. Human resources should be Pro agent or at least NOT ONE
    SIDED, because for all she knows agents are the one who take care of the
    customers. Sir I hope you get my point. Everything is chain reaction, if they
    are well compensated, management take care of them, human resources do the right
    thing, then you'll get a lot of employees to stay. Sir people are planning to
    resign and they are the good ones. Few is enough please don't let others go.

• Bm
    BMonster May 10, 2011

I ordered two one-gallon jugs of Toyota red long-life antifreeze from Autopartswarehouse. When they arrived, one was fine, but one had CLEARLY been opened by someone else (and presumably returned). The foil safety sale had been cut away (with remnants of it still attached to the jug). I called APW, and initially they acted like they couldn't understand the problem -- their attitude was "so what if it's open, just use it." I explained that I have no definitive way to know WHAT was in the open container (could be used antifreeze) and that I wanted a replacement sent out. Well, for some reason they couldn't just send a replacement. They had to get the open container back and credit my account. Then I would have to re-order the gallon. Never mind the fact that my vehicle was on ramps with its cooling system only partially-filled. I did return the faulty product and they promised to refund my money. There was never an apology or any offer to offset my inconvenience (it's not MY fault they sent a faulty item; I should be compensated for my time and gasoline spent packaging the return and driving it to the nearest FedEx dropoff point).

I ended up buying a gallon of coolant at the local (overpriced) dealer. Screw APW; they (and their affiliated sites) have lost a customer.

• Ar
    ARsen21 Mar 03, 2011

Poor customer service! Poor quality parts! Had to pay for a $500 repair twice. 3 months later still do not have credit for defective part.

DaveTheFavorite Aug 26, 2010

Free shipping...with a THIRTY DOLLAR ($30.00) HANDLING CHARGE

Insult to the injury: NEVER-ENDING SPAM

• Jw
    jw6495 Jun 14, 2010

I submitted an order online for an Alignment kit for my Z3 BMW. In order to order the product you must complete the questionair to describe the car you are ordering the part for. I completed the questionair and submitted the order. Auto Parts warehouse sent me the right part but for the wrong car, this was determined only after the parts had been installed on the car at an expense of $250.00 labor. After many tries to get to customer support, I ended up speaking with Katie Dometita the customer service rep located in the Phillipeens. After trying for 40 minutes to explain to her in Plain English (foriegn to her). Katie determined that I had no reason to expect them to do anything because I ordered the wrong part, "the part number was on the order form". When i asked to speak with her supervisor she put me on hold and eventually hung-up on me. Katie did not seem to understand that, I don't know all the part numbers for all the products they carry, and the information I entered was correct their system is not correct. I spent $250.00 to have the wrong part installed and will have to spend an onther $250.oo just to get the car back in the same condition i took it to the shop in, and i have not been able to get a refund on the wrong part. DON"T BUY FROM AUTOPARTS WAREHOUSE.COM

• Th
    THOMAS009 Nov 12, 2009

PROMISED NEXT DAY AIR SERVICE AT A DISCOUNTED PRICE AND NEVER RECEIVED PRODUCT. WAITED 3 WEEKS FOR THE ITEM AND ONCE I RECEIVED THE ITEM AND PUT IT ON MY VEHICLE COME TO FIND OUT THEY SENT THE WRONG PART. CALL TO GET AN EXCHANGE THEY SAID THEY WOULD HAVE TO CHARGE ME A RESTOCKING FEE EVEN THOUGH IT WAS THERE FAULT/ERROR. BUYER BEWARE SOMETIMES THE PRICE IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE AND YOUR LEFT BURNED!!!

JaxScott Aug 30, 2009

I have gone back and forth with this company for several weeks now. This is a seller of auto parts, and their web site “selects” the appropriate part for your make and model car.

When I placed the order, their system presented two radiator hoses that were to be fits for my vehicle. These hoses turned out to not fit my car at all. I used the other parts that I purchased, but had to purchase the correct hoses elsewhere.

Getting an RMA from this company was one of the most frustrating things I have encountered. Were it not for fear of PayPal, I am sure they would have just ignored me. After I received the RMA, I followed the instructions to a ‘T’ and sent the wrong parts back at my expense. I then heard nothing and had to go through a week of continually badgering them, providing VIN numbers, package tracking numbers, etc. (I had sent the package with delivery confirmation). They finally acknowledged receiving the package and processed a partial refund.

Unfortunately the refund they offered was less a 20% restocking fee. Since the parts were wrong due to an error in their system, which they admit in their last response, the restocking fee should not apply.

When I attempted to negotiate the restocking fee with them, and they pulled the refund offer entirely, and are refusing to reissue it, even though they are in possession of the returned parts. What a scam...

Read the whole stoy on my blog:

• We
    Webwin Apr 06, 2009

On 3/2/09, I ordered wiper blades- Part # A19C28SB - 2 pcs. for $37.79, but only one piece was sent. I contacted customer service on 3/17/09 and was told by Adrian I would receive an email with delivery confirmation from warehouse within 24-48 hours. That didn't happen, so I called on3/20/09 and spoke with Chris. He said the part I ordered was only for one piece therefore they were not sending another part. I copied the description and referenced it with them and showed them it clearly stated there were 2 pieces. They claimed it was a mistake in the listing. Regardless, with encouragement, Chris spoke with the supervisor Shara and they were sending the additional part out immediately. I never received the product or delivery confirmation, as promised again, therefore I called again on 3/32/09 - This time I spoke with Zai- whol gave me the same story after repeating my problem once again- being placed on hold for an eternity, but he assured me he would see to it that the warehouse emailed delivery confirmation to me withing 24-48 hours. Of course, that didn't happen, plus no product has been recieved. On 4/6/09, I called one more time, spoke with Jill who I explained the whole situation again and she gave me the same " the warehouse will email your delivery conf. within 24-48 hours speech) and I asked 2 times to speak to her supervisor. She did not want me to speak to anyone, therefore she put me on hold for eternity- with no one picking up the line for over an hour- so I hung up. Each time I have called this company I am left on hold for 30-60+ min. This company does not do anything they say they are going to do and do not send products described in their product listings. Beware of this scamming group and order anywhere but here.

• Li
    Linda Rohrman Nov 24, 2008

I placed an order for 7 parts and gave my complete car info including Vin#, make, model etc and after asking if they were NEW parts, was told yes by the sales rep. I then waited a week to get the parts, and upon receipt, found they were the WRONG PARTS, as well as being refurbished used parts - not NEW ones as stated. Then begain the trial of calling their Customer Service (which is a joke - noone there understands English, nor cares to rectify any problems - they just give useless apologies.), and was sent a 2nd set of parts but had to pay for them again to get them sent out immediately. I was told I'd be credited right back for the first ones as soon as I FedEx'ed them - but they kept stalling in sending shipping labels, and so far I've spent 4 days emailing back and forth to them and calling (I spent 3 hours one day on the phone!), and I STILL don't have all the correct parts and am still out double the money! When I called to ask for the VP or Owner, they won't give out any information - obviously because they rip off customers and practice fraudulent business practices so much, they don't want to give customers someone to complain to!! BEWARE of this company - DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!

• Valerie Oct 09, 2008

Avoid purchasing here at all costs! I searched the site for replacement fog light for my 2017 MB C350 sport. Their website had a part advertised as a "direct fit OE replacement" for this model. I ordered and the next day it arrived...fantastic! Uh oh, I took the light out to the car and it was the wrong part. I called customer service to see if I could get the correct part, they told me this was the only one they had and they'd be issuing a full refund and put in "a supervisor request" for return shipping since it was their error. This was obviously just to get me off the phone as I got an email with a 20% restock fee deducted and was told to pay for shipping. We went back and forth on email several times and the "customer service" agents just asked for the same things over and over. I provided my VIN 3 time, photos of the parts not fitting, and repeated requests to have a supervisor contact me. I then called on the phone and was asked the same questions again, put on hold several times for 10 min or so and finally told BY A SUPERVISOR(!)they were denying my request because I SHOULDN'T HAVE RELIED ON THEIR MODEL NUMBER INFORMATION I somehow should have been able to tell from the photo that they had it incorrect!! Since the photo is the part I received (even though it doesn't fit the car like the web site says it does) they think there is no mistake on their part and I should pay a restocking fee and return shipping! Unbelievable! Instead of thanking a customer for noting a discrepancy that could save them future customer service issues(they have yet to correct their site) they're only purpose appears to be to wear people down so they can collect some bucks even when they screw the customer. If you have ordered from this site and have a problem, don't waste more than one call to customer service, immediately dispute it with your credit card company as these guys are only wasting your time!

There are some other good summaries of nearly identical issues at stupidorjustignorant.com and beware: they also operated as US Auto Parts and they operate under several site names like partsbin.com and autopartswarehouse.com as well as some others.

• Dh
    dharmendra singh rathore Sep 18, 2008

Manufacturer and Exporter of Water pump seal, Booster pump seal, Oil pump seal, Air Pump, UTB-650, supplier, manufacturer, supplier, traders. We are supplier of Fasteners

Dan Sabean Jul 02, 2008

I have had three issues with parts not lasting, and two issues where they wouldn't refund my shipping costs when I returned my defective/broken parts. I will not do business with them ever again. It is not worth saving a few bucks to deal with the hassle!

• Pi
    pissed consumer Jun 27, 2008

Oh yes they will rape you...$120 added on to order after invoiced original billing. A Lund Genesis tri-fold tonneau cover...Looks like another call to the credit card company...

This is an excerpt fromtheir email to me after checkout, invoice, charge to card and two days later...how can they not know the weight of each individual product.

"Some items require shipment by truck due to their size and/or weight. Oversize Package determinations apply only to packages that are shipped using UPS Ground or Fed Ex Ground, which are our only shipping methods for aftermarket products at the present time.

For most products in our catalog the shopping cart calculates free shipping when you place an order. However this method will not work for items, which are oversized, such as, grille guards and toolboxes.

Unfortunately, we cannot predetermine which items in our catalog have to be shipped via truck freight, because every item has different dimensions depending on the make/model of the vehicle. The warehouse notifies us when an order cannot be shipped standard ground. All items measuring a combined length/girth over 84 inches/30lbs (UPS) and items measuring more than 108 inches combined length/girth/50lbs (FedEx) must ship via truck freight.

The truck freight rate for your order is $ 120.00 Please advise if you wish to proceed with your order.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for your business.

• Ji
    jim crawford Jun 21, 2008

Having had problems with this co.I don't understand why there allowed to operate still, why dosen't the bbb do something about it.as far as the people who seem satisifed with their service, I think those people work for the co.they should be held lyable for false advertising.the parts sent to me was supposed to be a kit and gasket, whell wouldn't you know it no kit or gasket, then I find out it was cheaper at my local auto store, how dumb am I.Very poor company.

• Ti
    Tim Taylor May 23, 2008

These people are scam artists. They send the wrong part and do not want to refund any money. And if they do, you lose the shipping cost you put in. The pics dont match the items. Stay away. Autopartswarehouse can go to hell and die

• Ad
    Adam Martinez Apr 24, 2008

I am a customer of autopartswarehouse.com for three years now and I've never encountered such problem. In fact, the online shop usually gives the shipping charges free. I don't think that they will ever charge anyone with a very high amount for shipping. Autopartswarehouse.com serves the customers with honesty and care. Their agents are friendly and you can be sure that your entire shopping experience with them is truly worth keeping.

• As
    Ashley Mayer Apr 23, 2008

Well, like any other online car parts shops, it is natural that Autopartswarehouse also got some problems. Probably delayed orders or wrong deliveries. But then, I know they always make up for it. My friends have had some experiences but never took them as a big deal since APW made up for their mistakes.

I've been a customer of this online shop for months now and never encountered any problems. My most recent purchase were mirrors for my BMW. I received my order on time and in good condition. I guess, their service has been really improving.

• Ka
    Katherine Moore Apr 22, 2008

Autopartswarehouse.com may have some problems, but I don't think this can happen to everybody. Just last week, I purchased an air filter for my BMW M3 and got it within two days. The delivery was right on time, and the parts I received were in good condition, giving me just the right part that I needed. I am truly satisfied with their service and recommended them to my friends. They are also really happy with the service that Autopartswarehouse is giving them. I would definitely come back to them in the future.

• Ga
    Gail Adams Apr 10, 2008

I've been purchasing all my parts and accessories from them eversince I got a car, I have experienced some mistakes and hassles form them but I think it's a part of a big company. Problems and flaws can be seen because they got lots of customers. But they make it up to you still. Their only fault I guess is when they give certain days on when you can get your refunds or desired parts. Let's give them a chance. They're a good catch still.

• Pa
    Paul Ball Apr 10, 2008

I have seen many bad reviews about autopartswarehouse but i wanna prove them wrong because i'm a regular customer of this firm and i know everything, the way they handle their customers and they're very accommodating. Anyway, i dont care about what people say as long as i'm happy with their services i'll continue buying hard to find parts at Autopartswarehouse.com

• Ke
    Kenny Apr 09, 2008

Just yesterday I bought some parts for my truck, in fairness the call center they have are very accommodating and there delivery are very fast and accurate. I highly recommend this on line shop t others.

• Ka
    Karen Martinez Apr 08, 2008

I never had problems with them. I already purchase 10 items with them and all are correct and delivered on time. Also my friends are happy with the service offered by Autopartswarehouse.com.

• Je
    Jenna Darwin Apr 08, 2008

I've been dealing with this site for almost a year now and yes, once or twice they've sent a part late, but overall this isn't anything i haven't encountered with any other site shopping online. Their huge selection and great prices make up for the occasional late part.

Dave English Apr 08, 2008

Yes, once again ripped of by a very bad Web Company, (AUTOPARTSWAREHOUSE.COM) I only wished I had googled this company before I ordered from them. I ordered Oil Filters from them, you would think that they could send the RIGHT parts, WRONG, I mean its only FILTERS for God sake they SENT the WRONG PARTS, and expect me to pay to return "THEIR" misatake, and on top of it all WAIT 4 to 6 weeks to get a refund while they make interest on my money sitting in their bank accounts. PEOPLE please beware of this Company, they are BAD NEWS

• Mr
    Mr Wolf Mar 27, 2008

Same complaints as the rest. Ordered a window regulator. I even chatted and had them make sure it was for my vehicle. Got the part but didn't put the vehicle on the road for almost a year later. Finally paid to have the window regulator installed and go figured they took out the old one and the one autopartswarehouse sent me was not even close to the same. In fact it wasn't even the one pictured that i ordered. Oh and yes they couldn't do anything because it was so long since purchase. The emails I sent back and forth to "customer service" were horrible. No one can type english let alone speak it. They even asked why so long to tell them. DUH it's the window regulator I didnt know it was wrong until I had it removed. All their emails could do was quote company return policy even though I never inquired as to returning it. They could care less about me or my $170 I was out for an incorrect part and the shop removing the old one and not being able to replace it. IDIOTS!!! never buy from them! Buyer beware.

• Aa
    Aaron Young Mar 18, 2008

Actually, most customer service encounters problems as well. But I as a regular customer of Auto Parts Warehouse not at all experienced bad service from them. My ride model is a Toyota Camry 2017 and I ordered a driver side tail light from them (Auto Parts Warehouse) and I received it within two days and I am very much happy with what I ordered since they delivered it on time and my parts were all good and no damage and also their customer service are all pleasant and very easy to talk to. I think that customers should be more considerate sometimes with the staffs.

• Je
    Jeff Kurth Jan 17, 2008

NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE GUYS!!!!!!!!!
    These guys are crooks. I just received a radiator I ordered from them and, of course, it was the wrong part. The part number is clearly marked on the outside of the box. It is the wrong number...
    Not only that, but it is a part that is $100 dollars cheaper than the one I ordered.
    When I called them to let them know, they asked me why it was the wrong part... I guess being in the auto parts business does not mean you know what auto part numbers are for.
    I will be disputing this charge tomorrow.

• Cr
    Craig Dillon Dec 02, 2007

I have placed orders with this company and have had every problem listed above. I tried to stay away from them and cannot seem to find anyplace that is not one of their affiliates. I would think that one of the most vexing problems is ordering something they don't have and either get charged for it and it never arrives or they simply cancel the order and don't notify you while you sit fat and happy wondering when it will arrive.

• Gr
    Greg Bara Nov 30, 2007

I hate this place with a passion. I have reported them to the Better Business, and have put the whole story on my website. This place has cost me a ton of money in shipping charges sending back their mistakes.

Plain and simple...do not buy from them. You think your getting a deal, I know. Then you get the wrong part, and ship it back. Auto parts are heavy and it will cost you. They will not reimburse for shipping. And after 2 months I still have not received a credit from them.

Go buy from Summitracing.com, or your local NAPA/Autozone. This place is not worth it, trust me.

• Valerie Oct 15, 2007

Auto Parts Warehouse - AutoPartsWarehouse.com

Stay away from these folks - their parts database contains many errors and when you eventually get the wrong part they won't take it back. What they do is engage you in a lengthy dialog about the fact that they sent you the right part and you are in error - this goes on and on. They you get a curt e-mail explaining that they 30-day return period has expired and you're stuck with whatever they sent you. I got stung this way so "JUST SAY NO" to these clowns!

• Ro
    Robert Harwood Oct 08, 2007

TAKE THIS ADVICE - do not purchase from this company. Their parts catalog is wrong and when you receive a part that doesn't fit your vehicle they won't take it back. I received the wrong brakes for my Chevy truck - they weren't even close. When I contacted them we got into a protracted e-mail dialog with them claiming the parts would fit. Eventually I got a note that the 30-day refund period had expired and I was stuck with the part. These folks are dishonest and do not deserve your business!!! STAY AWAY!!

• Gr
    Greg Chan Sep 10, 2007

This company is shady. They issued me a part which I specifically said I did NOT want. I wanted PCV Hose, they instead shipped and charged me for a PCV Valve. I called and they said they don't carry the Hose, never did. This is ridiculous and the sales people there have no scruples. Again this is a deceptive company (or at least they have deceptive sales people)...think it's run by a mom and pop.

John Smith Aug 28, 2007

This was one of the few times I didn't do my homework on an internet store.
    Last week I ordered an air intake system from speedyperformanceparts.com (one of their other companies) for $230. Today 8/28/07, it still has not shipped. I called to cancel and was told it can't be canceled even though it hasn't shipped yet.

They have already charged my account, and they can't tell me when it's going to ship. They said if I no longer want it I have to refuse delivery. I told them IT HASN'T SHIPPED YET JUST KEEP IT. They said they can't do that, they also would not let me speak to a manager.

I filed a complaint with the BBB, the attorney general, and my bank put their company on fraud alert. The bank also said if it hasn't shipped by the end of the week they will file a claim against the company.

• Pa
    Pat Durkin Aug 28, 2007

I ordered $84 worth of car parts over the phone with a good salesman who quoted me $40 for shipping to my home address. I was charged the International Rate of $104. I called the shipper, UPS, who told me they paid $31 to ship the package to me.

Many, many phone calls to their "customer service" line got me their final solution to my request for a refund of the difference in shipping: "We charge whatever we want for shipping... blah, blah, blah,... at the time of shipping".

Buyer Beware! I could have purchase these parts right down the street for less once you factor in the shipping "surcharge".

• Ti
    Timothy Kurtz Aug 24, 2007

Purchased car cover which proved defective after first use. Company authorized return and promised refund. Later claimed cover was not defective and offered to repair at my cost. I authorized repair and was charged. Cover was returned unrepaired to a former address 800 miles from my home. Company refused to credit repair charge or refund purchase price. Process took four months to conclude with numerous email and two telephone contacts. I regret not having examined Internet-based complaints for this company before ordering. I am out purchase price, return shipping, and repair cost. Numerous others apparently have had similar experiences.

• Ro
    rob walder Jul 28, 2007

WARNING- Impossible to return wrong parts! No one works there that can speak english very well, and I never received email with return authorization number, after 4 tries I was told I cannot return the stuff after 21 days. If this happened to you, DISPUTE THE CHARGES RIGHT AWAY WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY. If they get enough disputes against them maybe they will be forced to take stuff back, that they sent out wrong. Or better yet close them down. Keep fighting them !

PS my local speed shop had the same parts and for less money than these rip-offs, and it was the right part too!