Authorhouseauthorhouse is a ponzi scheme

R

My novel writing partner and I had high hopes when we discovered Authorhouse (originally 1st Books). We have discovered they are in business to publish novels and charge a fee, as well as to distribute the works to bookstores around the world (some long established), not to sell books to consumers. Although both our novels were picked up by Amazon, Barnes & Nobles, along with numerous well established online booksellers, they claim our royalties total only $6.17 or some absurd amount. It is the ultimate nonrisk money making scheme. They make profits on the publishing fee, as well as by selling them to online booksellers, pocket the money and do nothing thereafter. My writing partner is a member of the Screen Actors Guild of longstanding, in contact with many creative people, including authors. He is telling them to avoid Authorhouse at all costs. There also is a lack of communication amongst Authorhouse employees. Over the past several months I have had calls from Authorhouse representatives totally unaware we had published two novels with them, or even of the fact I had a writing partner. Then just recently one woman called saying they were offering to publish our third novel free (huh?)

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices