Au Bon Painkendall square location, in cambridge ma 02139

S Aug 02, 2018 Review updated:

I have been going to Au Bon Pain in (Kendall Square) Cambridge, MA 02139 for almost a month now. I usually get a toasted bagel with honey pecan cream cheese. I went to the register with my receipt they had given me and it rang up for the wrong price. Cashier got Manager who went and fixed the situation. While I was waiting for the correction I noticed a sign over each register that said if your receipt isn't correct or you fail to receive one you will receive 3 free meals. Well I went ahead and paid for my order. I kindly pulled the manager aside and reminded him of the sign. He proceeded to tell me the receipt in the back didn't match the one with the register and said it's now correct. I mentioned your policy posted said what happens in this kind of situation how can I receive my 3 bagels at no charge. I reminded him if he didn't come over and do what he did I would have been overcharged. He proceeded to say I tell you what if it reads that way tomorrow I will honor the sign. I said to him you already fixed it so it will be fixed. I then just told him I don't want the bagel I just want my money back. What false advertisement. I work at MIT and know so many people who looked for inexpensive but delicious food. I was disappointed that not only was he willing to loose a customer, but most disappointed in the false advertisement. I want to know what will be done about this. I want the sign to be honored. The date was this morning 8/2/2018. I gave him my receipt in order for him to know how much I should be reimbursed.

• Updated by Susan Brwon · Aug 03, 2018

It is next to the Post Office near MIT Station (Kendall Square). Sad thing is I really love the quality of the food. I would have just settled with just getting Friday's Bagel at no charge. It is their policy not mine and when it came down to honoring the policy he would rather loose business.

•   Aug 02, 2018

Hm, where is it located? I worked in Kendall Square for years. Across the street was a small restaurant on the corner. First floor of building had a restaurant that occupied the full floor. Was it Legal Seafood? Right over the bridge and you could see MIT from the fifth floor. Benches in the courtyard were filled with snotty, rude and uppity people.

•   Aug 03, 2018

Some people cut off their nose to spite their face.