ATG stores (Allied Trade Group)Terrible company

I bought 2 sets of barstools. Three of the four arrived with defects. I wanted to return them. I thought it would be as simple as them sending me an RGA with prepaid shipping. I did receive an email saying I would be receiving call tags from either them or the manufacturer (Boraam Industries). I've never received any. After a few weeks which turned into over a month, of online chats and phone calls, I had my credit card company reverse the charge. From that point on, ATG Stores (Allied Trade Groups) stated they could no longer work with me until I had the credit card company again reverse the charges. I refused to do that since I didn't feel I owed anything for defective product. I am still waiting to return the barstools that I received the beginning of September. I wonder how long I must hold onto them.
I also filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau http://www.thebbb.org

• Ro
    rockyrey May 22, 2010

only one complaint? while it seems legit., it is only the consumer's side of the story. with no other complaints I wonder what else transpired that we are not told.

• Su
    SuePerm55 Jun 09, 2010

ATG Stores cheats their customers. First of all the website is confusing. I ordered cabinet pulls where the decriptions did not match the pictures. When I received the pulls, they were not the color I wanted. When I spoke to the customer service person, she was confused also. It took her several tries to figure out which pull was the one I wanted. I returned the pulls immediately because I had full intentions of ordering the correct pulls as soon as I received a credit on my account. I am now waiting a month and still no credit to my account. Read other reviews. This company stinks.

• Fr
    freshgirl29 Jul 07, 2010

Agree 100%. ATG is horrible and operating a scam! If it's not illegal, it should be. DO NOT BUY FROM THEIR COMPANIES!! I just ordered exterior house lanterns online from "Lighting Universe" (to the tune of $750 bucks!) and glass in 3 out of the 5 were broken into huge shards. I'm actually lucky I didn't slice my hand when opening the boxes! I looked online a few days ago because it seemed like delivery was taking a long time (i.e. a month.) I began to get concerned, looked up "ATG Stores about" and up popped a ton of recent complaints (not this site) about broken merchandise that was nearly impossible to return which dragged on and on and sure enough, today I get my stuff and more than half is destroyed. When I called Customer Service, I got "Tabitha H." who was incredibly hostile & rude - so rude in fact I finally actually told her she was the rudest Customer Service person I have ever spoken with! She immediately tried to pressure me out of returning anything and just to order replacement glass - but I was wary at this point given all the other comments (people said they kept getting damaged merchandise over and over and runaround about returns for months.) I asked for a Manager, she said no one was available and when I asked for names, she wouldn't give last names - only an initial. She was basically saying, glass breaks all the time, it's no big deal, she didn't see why I was making a big deal about it, they would just order replacement glass. Clearly - and she acknowledged this - this happens A LOT. I said, "you think it's no big deal that the majority of the product you're shipping arrived destroyed? This is close to $1K worth of merchandise I needed for tomorrow and it's destroyed." She then encouraged me to go ahead and have the electrician install the fixtures w/out the glass and they would send it shortly. I said no. Then she said she would check to confirm if replacement glass is something they could do (?!) and she would email me tomorrow. What? She just told me they could do it! This made me very concerned so I called back and asked to just return everything, she said, they would contact the manufacturer and I would have to pay DOUBLE SHIPPING to return the 2 lamps of the set that were not broken but I obviously couldn't use. She said ATG is not responsible for shipping, it's the manufacturer who ships and also the manufacturer who receives product and will "inspect" to verify damage and make sure there was no further damage before they will refund. Basically, giving notice of loopholes of how they can further avoid any liability even if customers do comply with their inane return policy. NOTE: If you receive damaged merchandise, take photos and do not touch or use b/c it will void your ability to return.

Given how they already operate, I highly doubt they will process a return fairly with any type of integrity. They are either re-selling damaged merchandise and/or refusing to properly pack and insure products so that inevitably, things are damaged. They avoid the damage claim scenario with UPS at all costs saying I couldn't file a damage claim b/c they were "taking responsibility." ATG buries their company name under 100s of different internet umbrella names, buries their disclosures & policies and bullies customers. I've filed a dispute with my credit card company, will ask to have charges reversed and will be reporting them to Better Biz Bureau and anyone else I can think of. She kept saying, "clearly, you don't do a lot of online shopping." I am in business myself, have ordered hundreds of things online and NEVER experienced ANYTHING close to this. ATG cannot be legitimate or they would never conduct themselves this way. Truly shameful way to operate!

• Fr
    freshgirl29 Jul 07, 2010

Sorry, pics didn't post before...

• Ve
    very unhappy customer Jul 23, 2010

DONT BUY FROM ATG STORES.
    THEY HAVE ERRORS ON THEIR WEBSITE (CONFIRMED BY THEIR OWN REPS) AND REFUSE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT.
    I bought an outdoor table cover in a large size. When it arrived, the size was different from what I ordered. Luckily I printed the order and had the size I needed listed on my printout. After an hour on the phone with their customer service walking them through how I got to the item on their own site, we discovered and he verified that they had a content error on their own site.
    They still expect me to pay for all the shipping and all the restocking fees.
    TAKE YOUR BUISNESS ELSEWHERE, THIS PLACE IS A SCAM!!!

• Si
    siennasinclaire Sep 09, 2010

ONLY ONE COMPLAINT Rockyrey!? Yes, only one complaint on THIS website but look around the web and there are TONS of complaints about this company. I think I may be the ONLY person who EVER got a refund b.c. I went to town on this company to get my money back but it took a year to do.

THEY ARE RUNNING A SCAM! I can't believe this company is still in business. I've reported them to the BBB and FBI fraud department b.c. of the scam they are running. I guess there are enough people in this world who order from them but once you do you learn your lesson.

Sitejabber.com has 22 negative reviews. Lesson learned, ALWAYS check reviews on companies before buying.

• Si
    siennasinclaire Sep 09, 2010

rockyrey it doesn't take long to look on the internet to find nothing but TERRIBLE reveiws on this company. Feel free to buy something and test it out for yourself. People should definitely look around on the internet to see more reviews rather than just going off of one. Because if you were about to order from this company and only say one negative, like rockyrey, then you may buy from them. But it doesn't take long to find out that they are running a SCAM.

I'm probably the only person who ever got my money back from them but I fought it for a year. I had to roll up my sleeves and out smart these people and find a way to push their buttons to realize that it was better to just refund me than ignore me. I still voice my opionion about this company due to the fact that they have soooo many negative comments about them but they are still in business and it's such an obvious scam once they scam you. I don't know how this company is shut down. I even confronted them about the scam and never once did they deny it like most legite companies would do. EVERYTHING everyone says about his company is TRUE as it's always the same thing that they do to people.

Visit sitejabber.com for the most reviews on this companies SCAM. You've been warned :)

atg stores rock Nov 02, 2010

You guys really should view this from both sides.. ATG is a great company and have wonderful customer care.. Call one of their stores if your having a problem. Now if something comes in broken or defective then they replace them ASAP.. Now broken glass? seriously u [censor] tard ATG doesn't deliver them to you personally, they use UPS /Fedx.. COME ON.. You know how they treat packages.. So if you cut yoruself u better be prepaired to SUE who ever the shipper was..

They are a great company..

• Di
    disan10 Nov 04, 2010

I ordered a complete bedroom set in early July, 2010. The site indicated 4-6 weeks for delivery. It was over $3, 000.00 and was paid in full. It's now the 4th of NOVEMBER and I STILL haven't received the furniture!!! I keep getting the run around from the company. It's gone through several trucking companies and now one of the trucking companies lost the nightstand. Sooo, the last trucking company won't deliver any of it to me until it's all found!! I'm so ticked it's not funny! 4 MONTHS ago I ordered this and paid for it. It's still not here. I checked their website today. Still states that it takes 4-6 weeks for delivery. That's a bunch of crap! Don't buy from this company!!!
    I will be filing complaints elsewhere. I've never filed complaints before but this is absolutely ridiculous!

Cheated consumer2 Jan 08, 2011

This company is horrible. They lie to their customers and NEVER issue a refund. They will tell you they will refund your money if you spend a fortune returning the product, requiring that they have a tracking number within a few days. You do all of that and have proof from UPS that the item was signed for and arrived. THEY STILL DO NOT ISSUE A CREDIT. After talking to a very arrogant Korry Pearl, who claims to be the comptroller, you realize that this company is like a fish. It is rotting from the head down. Gary Rubens the CEO is fully aware of what is going on. Hopefully consumers will wise up and realize it is not safe to make purchases from this company unless they want to be ripped off. Also be aware they operate under several shop names. Do your research before you spend a dime with any of their companies.

• Li
    Lifeisstillgoodthough Jan 14, 2011

Customer Service and a fair deal are literally non-existent at ATG Stores! Their representatives (including supervisors) are extremely incompetent and rude, regardless of how patient and cordial you’re being with them! They falsely advertise on their websites (They have several [I ordered from www.lightinguniverse.com]). You have to wait indefinitely for your shipment, even though they say it will be shipped out in 2 to 3 business days when you place the order (Not true, as you have to contact the delivery company before you can receive your merchandise, regardless of the delivery dates the representatives give you [contacting the delivery company is next to impossible unless you have several hours to wait on hold before someone picks up the phone, if they ever do...]). You have no recourse through their "Customer Service" to rectify a situation, regardless of what it is (even speaking to a "Customer Service Supervisor" ["the highest level of management a customer can speak to" according to Katelyn who said she was a supervisor, but didn't have a last name or employee ID] doesn't get you anywhere). BBB, FBI, Consumer Affairs...someone needs to shut them down! There are so many details of my lengthy horrible experience with ATG Stores that I can't go into them all, as it would go on far too long, and I might run out of space to write. You’re screwed as soon as you do business with this company! And once you're screwed, you're just screwed! You can write letters (I did) and reviews on websites (I did), file complaints with all the agencies (I did), and spend all your time and energy doing so, but you're still screwed!

• Be
    beagle4 Jan 20, 2011

I bought a bookcase for about $400 and they only shipped one of the two parts. ATG said the manufacturer in California won't sell the other part unless a third part ($300) is also purchased because it is needed for stability issues. When I purchased this item, the ATG rep said the third part wasn't needed as the website offered the initial two items as a stand-alone bookcase. I am now getting the runaround from ATG as they said the manufacturer has misrepresented the item to them, and I'm going to have to wait for permission to sned the item back as well as wait for a POSSIBLE refund. And now I just found out from various web-based complaint sites, like this one, that ATG is the scourge of the earth (my fault for not doing my due diligence, I guess). I may send the item back to their Kirkland offices and have the credit card company reverse the charges, but I don't know what the possible credit repercussions might be. After reading all of your posts, I really don't want to drag this out for weeks/months. An expensive lesson nonetheless.

• Rj
    rjpu Feb 05, 2011

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE CRAP LOSERS... they are a scam. The products are not listed correctly on their website and when they send you the wrong product, they refuse to refund you. They will claim their insurance dept. is working on your return, you will never hear back from them.

• Ih
    IHATATGSTORES Feb 15, 2011

If you have time and money to order from ATG Stores then go ahead. This has to be the worst store on the internet. DO NOT ORDER FURNITURE FROM THEM, THEY LIE.

• Ih
    IHATATGSTORES Feb 15, 2011

Michael] Welcome to the ATG Stores. How can I help you?
    [charles quick] Last Page Visited:

I need confirmation that my order is cancelled.
    [charles quick] 1253645
    [charles quick] 1253645
    [Michael] One moment please.
    [charles quick] I talked with a customer service rep last night. Her supervisor placed a cancellation request on my order since I was very unhappy with the process. I have not received any tracking numbers or confirmation that anything has shipped since it keeps getting delayed.
    [Michael] I see you did speak with a rep, but the cancellation was not processed.
    [Michael] In order to fulfill the cancellation request a policy needs to be read and agreed to.
    [charles quick] Go figure, but she did place one.
    [Michael] This never occured.
    [charles quick] OK, once again...Rielly was the rep. She talked with a supervisor she said and placed the request...regardless I need to cancel this today.
    [charles quick] The "supervisor" was too busy to talk with me.
    [charles quick] What do I need to do to cancel this order today. I have not received anything from your company in the form of a tracking number. I don't want the product. I have been lied to form the inital order since your company stated on the website the the items were availible to be shipped seven days after I ordered them.
    [Michael] Just one moment please.
    [Michael] I am showing this item has already shipped.
    [Michael] We have not yet received a tracking number for this order.
    [charles quick] whats the shipping tracking number then?
    [charles quick] How can you ship something and not know the tracking number?
    [Michael] Our products ship directly from the manufacturer.
    [charles quick] Who do I need to call to get the tracking number?
    [charles quick] Whats thier number?
    [Michael] Once the product ships, 24-48 hours later we receive the tracking number.
    [Michael] As it is sent from the manufacturer.
    [charles quick] really...what;s thier cusotmer service number?
    [Michael] I will not be able to provide you with any number, as it is for our direct rep.
    [charles quick] I need a phone number to a supervisor at your company I can call and get this order cancelled. You just dont seem to get it.
    [Michael] We do understand sir.
    [Michael] Your order has shipped.
    [charles quick] Why is it so hard to get a trackign number. Email me something that says what was shipped, when, from whom, date of arrival, contact numbers...is that possible.
    [charles quick] Nothing on my account shows anything about shipping. sounds very fishy to me.
    [Michael] There is a process to aquire the tracking number. 24-48 hours after the order has shipped we will be able to provide you with the number.
    [charles quick] That cannot be true...Why lie?
    [Michael] In an e-mail sent to you on 2/14/11 (3:22pm)----Thank you for shopping at ATG Stores! Your order has been released for shipping. Your order will be shipping to you via freight carrier UPS Freight. The freight carrier will contact you to schedule a delivery time and date when shipment is arrived at your local terminal. When item gets delivered, it is very important that you inspect the outer box and note any damages on the BOL before signing for clear delivery. Once you sign for the delivery, this means that the item is in good condition and ATG stores will no longer be responsible for any damages on the shipment that you have received. Only defective item will be returnable at that point
    [charles quick] This delay tactic has been going on for days...That was on the the 14th. 24 hours ago. So wheres the tracking number. Waht was shipped? Everything? Part of the order? What?
    [Michael] Sir, the e-mail was sent last evening.
    [Michael] Meaning 24-48 hours would put the timeframe at tomorrow night.
    [charles quick] I love chat since I will be sending all of this to my credit card issuer and that is just helping my case against your company.
    [Michael] Either way sir we have yet to receive this tracking info.
    [charles quick] I honeslty dont beleive that your company is legit.
    [Michael] You are entitled to your own belief.
    [charles quick] I will also be posting this entire chat on every consumer blog out there. Also A copy will be forwarded to the BBB os Western Washinton.
    [charles quick] Google your company and scam or complaint. Sound justified
    [charles quick] What is your employee number?
    [Michael] I don't have an employee numbed.
    [Michael] My extension is x2192
    [charles quick] I need to know who I am talking to.
    [charles quick] What is your last name then?
    [Michael] I am not required to post my last name through chat.
    [Michael] I am trying to assist you right now sir.
    [Michael] I am contacting our local rep trying to aquire this tracking.
    [charles quick] Why not, you know my name?
    [Michael] And you're threatning me.
    [charles quick] tracking number
    [charles quick] NO threats, I need to know your name so when I file compliants I have all the details.
    [Michael] You have my name and extension.
    [Michael] You have been e-mailed status updates throughout this whole process.
    [charles quick] I don't expect to get jerked around by any company I deal with. I am the customer, I am always right...Ever heard of that?
    [Michael] From the order confirmation all the way up to the e-mail that was sent to you yesterday confriming the shippment.
    [Michael] We aquire these tracking numbers 24-48 hours after the order has shipped.
    [Michael] As we are not shipping these products directly.
    [Michael] The manufacturer is.
    [charles quick] Oh yeah I have received emails saying my order is delayed, delayed, delayed, delayed...sounds like a scam to me.
    [Michael] I apologize as I do see this order has been delayed once.
    [Michael] And you were informed (e-mailed).
    [charles quick] What was shipped?
    [charles quick] Once...quite a few more time then that.
    [Michael] The order was placed on 2/3/11.
    [charles quick] Yes
    [Michael] Here is the breakdown.
    [Michael] I am very sorry sir, but your order has shipped. We will not be able to cancel this.
    [Michael] I will contact the manufacturer until I have the tracking number for this order.
    [Michael] I will then provide you with it.
    [charles quick] The website stated the day I ordered it it would ship on 10 Feb...just like if you look at the website know the items will ship 7 days from the day you order it.
    [Michael] At this point there is not much else that can be done.
    [charles quick] Give me a number to your boss.
    [charles quick] Why the decieving ad on your website?
    [Michael] When you click on that text that provides the date this text will come up--- The "Ships In" time is provided to ATG Stores by each manufacturer and is an estimate of the average number of business days it takes the manufacturer to process your order and ship the item from their warehouse. These shipping times are not a guarantee. If you have a time sensitive project we recommend that you call a sales specialist and arrange expedited shipping.
    [Michael] [protected]- this is our customer service line. If you would like to speak to a manager you may do so by requesting one upon being greeted by our service rep.
    [charles quick] That information is not porvided to the customer when they order it. The is deceiving. So when I ordered the table and chairs on 3 Feb what was the deleivery date that your company said it would be delivered by?
    [Michael] We provided you an estimate.
    [charles quick] Which was?
    [Michael] It does state that the information is just that, an estimate. We do not guarantee ship or delivery times.
    [charles quick] It was posted on your website...ships by...that means in stock and ready to ship...does it not?
    [Michael] Yes, these are estimates though.
    [Michael] Not guarantees.
    [Michael] If you would like I can provide your order number and name along with a phone number to a manager and they can call you once available? Will this work for you?
    [charles quick] yes...XXXXXXXXXXX call anytime since this is my number one priorty now.
    [Michael] Yes sir, not a problem.

Type your question here:

andrea bejsovec Mar 25, 2011

ATG is a scam they mail you damaged goods and refuse to refund or replace the items.

• Ta
    Take no sides Apr 01, 2011

All of you have absolutley no clue try being a customer service rep dealing with with a bunch of whiners if you get a damaged item it has nothing to do with where you bought it the carrier is the one at fault and if you own your own business and someone calls and says they received a damaged product are you going to take their word and send out a new one for fre without investigating what happened hell no you would run your business to the ground if you replaced a new item because of the carrier that is why they have claims and its unfortunate that the customer has to wait but why should the retailer get screwed for the carriers mistake. I am not saying ATG is perfect but if any of you were to see it from where I sit you would have a change of thought becauyse I once thought just like you so next time be nice to the customer service rep and see how far thety will go to help you because if you call me and start yelling and [censor]ing before letting me help you I will hangup so stop whining

MAD at ATG Apr 04, 2011

THEY ARE HORRIBLE! It has taken them over 5 months to give me a refund that I rightly deserve since I returned the lights I ordered. They are rude and incompetent. Do not use them at all!

a therapist May 08, 2011

I, too was recently ripped off from ATG. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS STORE!!! I have never had this happen to me online before and now I have distrust for online buying. I hope other companies begin to complain about ATG because people are going to be afraid to purchase things online from everyone! I bought a dinette set for $432.00. They charged me on my Visa that day for $495.00. I immediately called and they promised to correct the difference ("We have no idea how this could happen." They kept saying...) They credited me the difference and debited me on my credit card the same day (thus, a wash...I never really received a credit). I then received a call that the furniture would not be available for 3 months!!! I canceled the entire order. They, then, only credited me for the $432.00 (not the $495.00) they charged me! When I called they continued to promise to credit me for the difference. They were rude, cruel, and mostly intent on keeping my money. I even got a promise in writing...but they still never credited me! My Visa card (US Bank), got very confused around the math and they, too, were pretty incompetent and kept crediting and debiting me incorrectly. Finally a senior person at US Bank Visa figured it out and charged ATG back. (so, if you have US Bank...you might want to change credit cards). Overall it was a horrible experience. And was really weird to deal with ATG because as a culture/company they had no conscience and didn't mind stealing from innocent people.

a therapist May 08, 2011

A suggestion : write to the Federal Trade Commission (google it and they will guide you online) and Better Business Bureau (PO Box 1000 DuPont, Washington 98327)...It is really important that these people be stopped!

• Br
    breeze21655 May 15, 2011

I am still waiting on my order to arrive so I can return it. They got me for 715 dollars. If Taryn gets on here and tells you to email dont waste your time. I cancelled the day after I placed my order. They finally admitted it was not my fault but I am supposed to get the order and return. I am sure I am screwed over this. After the waiting period I am going to let my credit card company deal with it. They have more clout that I do. When this is over I will post conversations. The only person that has any integrity seems to be Lindsey. Just do yourself a favor and dont order from this company. I thought that Pulaski Furniture would have chosen a company that sells their products a little better.

[email protected] May 16, 2011

Dear a therapist,

My name is Taryn and I handle the public relations for ATG Stores. I am just catching wind of your review and would like to offer our sincerest apologies about the delay of your cancellation and the confusion of the refund. I also apologize for the delay in my response to your review. If you have any questions or need any further help feel email me [email protected]

Thanks,

• Fu
    Furiouos in TX May 16, 2011

I just got off the phone with them after 2 hrs but this was my 6th phone call to them - CROOKS - not joking. I really want to save others from the hassle - do not buy from this store. It's unbelievable. I never write reviews but waiting on a refund and they have no answers and you will never be able to talk with a manager. Everyone in customer service is trained to dodge a bullet. I've never had issues ordering from internet sites before but this one goes down in history. The free shipping is tempting - sent me the wrong item and won't change it but still have my money and won't issue a refund for over 2 months now. I jsut checked bbb and their bbb accredidation has been REVOKED and they're down to a c rating with 360+ complaints filed in the last couple mothns. Going to try trade commission now as someone jsut recommended and i've already started the process with BBB - they need to be shut down but let me get my refund first but don't order - you'll be unhappy and i'm not kidding.

[email protected] May 16, 2011

Dear Furious in TX,

As you probably have read above my name is Taryn and I handle the Public Relations for ATGStores. I wanted to offer our sincerest apologies for your phone experience. Currently we are expanding our customer service division so that phone calls are handled in a quicker and more effiecient manner. For the wrong item/refund I would also like to apologize for the issue not being resolved and the delay you have experienced. I would like to give this another look and bring this to the attention of other members of the ATGStores team and resolve this as soon as possible. I would appreciate you emailing me at [email protected] as we will give this another look. Thank you.

• Bo
    Bogdan Brydak Apr 11, 2017

@[email protected] People aren't paying for your apologies but for items. !!! Just sent items or money back and stop writing books!!!

• Br
    breeze21655 May 19, 2011

Although my experience with ATG has not been positive, Taryn did followup and my credit card was credited. She also rerouted my order and I did not receive it. I appreciate that. I recommend anyone who has an issue deal with her. I hope this company will look at the people who talk to you on the phone and chat online and get a nicer group of people. Thanks Taryn.

[email protected] May 19, 2011

Thank you for all your cooperation and patience and for being willing to come to me so that we could take a second look. I am glad that we were able to sort it out and get you taken care of.

• Tr
    triveraguy May 26, 2011

I bought a pub table and two chairs, which their site showed in stock. My order confirmation showed shipment to happen the next business day. However, later that night an update showed that a PO had been created and there was no date for shipment. I contacted them the next business day and a rep claimed to speak with the manufacturer (Boraam) and said the items would be shipped that same day or first thing in the morning. After 24 hours with still no tracking number, I contacted them again. This time the csr told me that the stools would ship the next day, but the table wouldn't go out for another week. I told him I didn't trust that promise, but was told by the csr that "They have plenty in stock for the bar stools." I asked him to check to see if there were other colors in stock. He went to check, but left me hanging on chat for 2o minutes and then it just disconnected. I initiated another contact, with yet another csr. This one told me the tables would ship the next week, but the stools were on backorder for nearly a month. I canceled the order and asked for a refund, but was told it would take 5 business days for me to get my money back. I complained loudly enough that they agreed to "push it through their system, " but even with their push, they said it would still take 48 MORE hours than the 24 already since I canceled.

These items were one of many that were part a complete basement remodel, and so I did a lot of online business for it over a period of 6 months. Some were good, some were bad, but my experience with ATG was by far the most infuriating of any I've ever had.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

[email protected] May 26, 2011

Triveraguy,

I wanted to thank you for bringing this to our attention via Twitter where we were able to get this taken care of for you. We also value and appreciate reviews on sites such as these. I would like to clarify that the money has left our system and bank account and is no longer in our hands. The up to 48 hours is the time it could take for both banks to process the refund to your account. Again we sincerely apologize.

• Tr
    triveraguy May 27, 2011

Taryn: I appreciate the effort on the refund. So what is your plan to solve your inability to get accurate stock/shipping information to your site and your Customer Service reps?

lmwhite111 Jun 02, 2011

I wish I had read done the search that provided this site be fore I did business with these people. In march I purchased 4 bar stools from these idiots. They were to ship on 4/8. I was contacted twice before that date by email stating the same. Then came a call saying that due to a processing issue with their supplier the chairs were unavailable and would be shipped 5/15. Then come the "oooops they were not in the container and will ship on 6/15. Then came the "unexpectedly discontinued" email. Then they told me an alternate product could be substituted, but I would have to pay for that and they would send me a refund sometime in the future for the original purchase. I was born at night but not last night. I am out $454.00. I have filed a BBB complaint and a complaint with the WA. attorney general's office. Today I am doing the same with the Interstate Commerce Commission and the Texas Attorney Generals Office... My the way the only phones they answer are the ones in their sales call center. None of the other extensions get answered. I am beginning to think this is an overseas operations who rented an office in the US to look like a US operation... Just a hunch If you would like to contact me feel free [email protected] Perhaps a class action is in order...

lmwhite111 Jun 02, 2011

If you try to use emails on the Allied web sight such as the PR email address this is what happens.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
    [email protected]

[email protected] Jun 02, 2011

Hello lmwhite111,

My name is Taryn and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I'd like to apologize for your negative experience with us and your order. We do process thousands of orders each month and 99.9% of them go off without any issues. We are however, not happy or satisfied that your experience with us was anything less than a perfect one. We are taking a second look into your order as to why the discontinuation of the bar stools you ordered and would like to resolve this situation either by finding you substitute stools that you are equally happy with or getting your refund processed as soon as possible to get you taken care of. We also apologize on behalf of the manufacturer. Thank you again for the review as we do value our customers. I have reached out to you via email and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sincerely,

lmwhite111 Jun 02, 2011

The only name I can find for the company executive, so far is a man named Gary Rubens. I will post more as I find it.

[email protected] Jun 02, 2011

lmwhite111,

We are checking on the email address issue as is the first we have heard of the issue and are working toward getting the bug fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for the heads up that an email got kicked back to you as the address has been working and we were not aware. I did reach out to you on my personal email addresses so we can communicate that way instead.

Thanks,

lmwhite111 Jun 02, 2011

Here is what you get if you use the the other pr address...
    This message was created automatically by the Windstream mail system.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
    [email protected]

The Washington State AG office contacted the company today and Taryn called me. If you remember I ordered bar stools. After a conversation they offered me a 10% discount on the cheaper chairs I was willing to accept and a $40 coupon to their store... I told them I was willing to take the substitute chairs but that they should throw in another box of 1 or 2 for compensation. After a promise to call me right back I have not heard from them yet. Taryn seems to be a nice young lady, I feel sorry for her...

lmwhite111 Jun 03, 2011

Well in the continuing saga of the bar stools Taryn was able to get the issue to a place that I agreed to settle. Now if the bar stools arrive and they are in good condition I will consider the matter closed. I am not satisfied with how it all worked out but at least, hopefully by next week, this will all be behind us. Taryn's boss is named Michael (and I will not publish is last name nor Taryn). Gary Rubens is the CEO... So if you have an issue list it hear at least you can get through to non call center staff by posting here.

• Pe
    Persephone Jun 30, 2011

I don't even know how to begin to express my disgust with this company. I didn't think it was possible for a company to be so deceitful, sketchy, and downright dishonest, but believe me, ATG stores has sunk to the lowest of low depths. If I could give negative stars as a rating, I would, but the lowest we can give is 1/5.

First, like pretty much everyone else on this site, my order was delayed multiple times. I ordered a bed frame, dresser, and mirror for my bedroom on 5/18/11. My credit card was charged immediately. The website stated that the items were in stock, and the original ship date was 5/22/11. Well, on 5/25/11 I got a delayed ship date notification, saying the new ship date was 6/01/11. Well, that date came and passed, and then the new ship date was 6/14/11. Guess what? That date came and passed, and then the new ship date was 6/16/11. Then...well, you guessed it. Another delayed ship date, this time 6/22/11. At this point, only of the the three items was even supposed to ship on 6/22/11 (the bed frame). The dresser and mirror had been deemed out of stock until 7/11/11. WTF? When I placed the order, over a month ago at that point, they were in stock. Furthermore, my credit card had been charged for everything already. To say the very least, I was livid that the company had clearly lied to me about the availability of the items, charged my credit card already, and then had the audacity to keep pushing the ship date indefinitely into the future. Fortunately, after a couple hours on the telephone, I was able to cancel those other two delayed items. I thought things would get easier from there, since there was only one item left (the bed frame) to deal with. Boy, was I wrong.

After the ridiculous number of delays, the bed frame has supposedly finally shipped (over a month and a half late), and yet, ATG has also chosen a sketchy shipping company that is delaying my order, too! Remember how the bed frame was supposed to "ship" on 6/22/11? Well, I went the the shippers website, and all it said about my order status was "called, no answer". Yes, seriously, that is what it said. I thought I'd give the shipping company the benefit of the doubt, but a week later, it had the same status. So at this point, I called ATG, because honestly, the customer shouldn't have to hound the company to do it's job, and I did not want to deal with the shippers yet. The person I spoke with at ATG promised me that they would contact the shipping company to find out what was going on, and then email and call me to confirm that they did it. Needless to say, I never received an email or a phone call. After reading the reviews on this site, it looks like just because my items are on a truck doesn't mean I will be getting them soon, or that they will even be the right item. Sigh.

Here's the thing with ATG: they are just middlemen, in the worse possible way. They import the furniture from other companies, then contract other companies to ship the furniture. They don't pick reputable, reliable companies, either. This business model sucks because with so many people in the supply chain, no one is held accountable, b/c they can always blame the delays on "the manufacturer" or "the shipper". I feel like ATG has absolutely no incentive to ever even get my items to me, because they've already charged my credit card.

I am truly shocked that a company can even conduct business in such a poor and dishonest manner. At this point, I've even stopped hoping that my items will make it to me in the next few months. I wish I could cancel my order, but because it's already on the shipper's freight truck, I cannot. What I'm hoping for now is that the BBB will take my complaint seriously (I've already emailed them) and this company will get shut down for fraudulent business.

[email protected] Jun 30, 2011

Hi Persephone,

My name is Taryn and I handle the public relations for ATGStores.com. First, thank you for your review, we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I would like to take this opportunity to take a look further into your order issues to work toward a quick resolution. I have pulled up your order and I believe I understand what has happened but wanted to confirm a couple of things before I move forward.

We apologize on behalf of the manufacturer for the shipping delays as well as the in-stock issues. We strive to keep our system as up-to-date as possible and we receive information from the manufacturer to update our system every one to two days. We do however, not accept that your order has gone anything less than smoothly or that you are having complications getting the last item on your order canceled and refunded.We will be contacting the manufacturer.

I also apologize for any miscommunication on our part with your order.

Please respond to my email as I would like to personally help you through this and get you taken care of as quickly as possible.

• Or
    oregonmom Jul 07, 2011

This company has horrible service and does not deserve your service! We placed an order for over $3000 of outdoor furniture. They stated it would be shipped within 3 days. After 15 days and still no products being shipped after numerous inquiries, we cancelled our large order. We believe it is false advertising of products. To make matters worse, no credit was issued on our bank card. They essentially have been using and holding our $3000 for almost a month. Meanwhile the summer is fleeting by, we have no patio furniture and no credit to us so that we can take our business elsewhere. When we asked to speak to a supervisor. they stated none were available. When a request was left for someone to contact us- nothing was done by them. Im beyond exasperated and furious.

• Ar
    artlover Jul 16, 2011

worst experience with their customer service. They lied at the time of purchasing that they will provide assembly and when the product shipping they only provide in house delivery and many parts came defective with stains and scratches. On call with their customer service, the customer service people just saying well it is not our problem since we stated clearly on our website ( the hidden place about their delivery commitment) and didn't any try to help or feel sorry rather had the very bad attitude. Asked for supervisor to call back but they dont have any supervisor it seems. those supervisor are not there or always busy to come or yes, never returned any order.. I have never seen the worst customer service than this. Buy from overstock and csn store, they had the best customer services. Always try to help with the situation, rather than try to say this is not their problem.

Just as other people said, they train their representative to be rude I guess, I talked to three representative, and all three of them just rude.

Also many parts came defective, as everyone mentioned, i guess they resale the defective part with little bit less costs. I asked what can be done since it was one of their employ who asked

i am planning to fight through the credit company that i didn't get the delivery i promised and worst customer service ever.

Also other places like csn and overstock, refund your money right away, they keep it like 5-6 days after cancelling the order even after confirmation. Another big fraud.

Also shipment took forever almost three weeks, where it says one week.

I was planning to buy alot more from them since they definitely look like good collections but not anymore.. rather pay few dollars extra rather than buying from them... they are more like fraud..