Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Mobile & Cell Phones Assurance Wireless I am a disabled individual of the United States. Assurance Wireless has left me without telephone service for over one month and a half now

Assurance Wireless review: I am a disabled individual of the United States. Assurance Wireless has left me without telephone service for over one month and a half now

L
Author of the complaint
4:24 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was approved for an Assurance Wireless Government Phone on November 8th, 2021. It never came but what did come were three different emails informing me my phone was still on "back up". I have called Assurance Wireless every day to see WHY the phone STILL hasn't arrived. I am simply put on hold and then disconnected, 6 times now. I live alone and had to borrow the Landlord's phone. Every time I call, the operators put me through all the same questions and then tell me I need a different "department", which I have already informed them of. I managed to finally reach one rude Supervisor that informed me the phone was shipped and I still had to WAIT. It is now December 2nd. I am Legally Blind and receive US Disability Benefits. I had a Slip and Fall and broke 2 Ribs on November 20th. I had no way to call 911. Thanksgiving came and went - I was ALONE. There was no way to call anyone. Now the holidays are here and I STILL do NOT have my phone. It was sent, to the correct address but STILL is on "back up". Assurance Wireless has caused me to not to be able to contact ANYONE, including 911, during a Worldwide Global Pandemic. This is abuse to a Disabled Individual of the US. This is also a Felony of the 3rd Degree. Electronically Signed: Lesly Wolfson.

9 comments
M
Aug 04, 2022 9:50 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Same situation, they apparently don't care about the disabled

D
Jul 26, 2022 11:36 pm EDT

Between Qlink & now assurance, I haven't had a phone for a year. I can't even make a doctor's appointment. I had a broke wrist last year for 10 days before I could use a phone to call my doctor.. I live 10 miles out in the country, lost my job because of Covid, and now my cars been broke down for a year.

K
Jan 11, 2022 12:35 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I got my 1st phone in December, it would not charge, I got my second phone, worked for a short while, now goes black and hums in my hand, I also go burnt taking battery out so phone would shut off, ! why does the government think it is ok to hand out lousy phones, I pray these are not the same phones they send our service men, if so shame on our government, our soldiers deserve top
of the line equipment, not some used refurbished pieces of crap that they send us! Not a happy Comsumer!

A
Dec 21, 2021 6:25 pm EST

I'm in the same situation and sent a complaint just recently. Assurance Wireless is a rip-off and scam that should charged with fraud for claiming to issue free government phones that don't can't be activated.

M
Dec 14, 2021 1:54 pm EST

Contact the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) at 1-888-CALL-FCC [protected]); TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC [protected]); ASL: [protected]. Mail (please include your name, address, contact information and as much detail about your complaint as possible). Or contact the f you have any questions or problems, you can call the federal government's EBB helpline between 9am-9pm ET 7 days a week [protected] (this is for those who get the service based on income or the recent free government programs).

Dec 06, 2021 12:44 pm EST

Universal service fund is the government agency responsible for their funding and who we should direct our complaints should we not get a response concerning our devices. I understand your concerns, I have some of the same concerns also without my device. We have given the requested amount of time to send the devices, and now have a right to ask questions concerning its whereabouts. We have even taken the liberty of posting a company I will allow 7 business days for a response should no such response be available I will take my complaints to someone who can help me.

Dec 06, 2021 12:47 pm EST

Whoops typo there " We have even taken the liberty of posting a compliant on their company website." I will allow the 7 business days for a response at which point I will then take my compliant to someone who is willing to help me.

K
Jan 11, 2022 12:37 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

It doesn't look like they respond to anyone or do anything about it, I'm goo to the FCC and to OSHA, especially since I got Burnt! I suggest all who complain to do the same, then they will have to address our problems!

Dec 06, 2021 12:32 pm EST

Wow, I had no idea before posting my comment there were so many left without a phone. This is a shame; I truly had no idea so many were getting the same run around about their devices. If they do not intend to send out devices, why continue to get government funding claiming the company is doing so?

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

344 complaints