The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Apple Vacations — avoid at all costs
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I would not recommend booking a vacation through Apple Vacations by TravelTrek in Woodland Park for the following reasons:
We booked our vacation a year ahead of time and put down a deposit to lock in the price. We thought at this point we could move on to other things knowing our vacation is locked and secure. We were very surprised to receive a letter in the mail a week later stating that they hoped we enjoyed our vacation. A bit confused by all this and afraid that our vacation may have left without us, we called to make sure everything was okay and were assured that it was a computer glitch and that everything was alright. We also applied for vacation insurance that we found out later was never applied. A little apprehensive now we decided to keep tabs on our status but did request that they move us from the elderly travel agent to perhaps one with a better memory.
Three months later we were surprised to receive a letter in the mail from Apple Vacations stating that because of rising gas prices they were going to increase our vacation charges by $350. We called and complained that since we put a down payment on our vacations that should have locked in the price. Apparently Apple reserves the right to increase your vacation price any time they choose but they also reserve the right not to decrease the pricier vacation when gas prices fall. We think this is a ripoff and recommend steering clear of TravelTrek and Apple Vacations in Woodland Park.
More Apple Vacations Complaints & Reviews
- applevacations.com - dishonest to customer
- Apple Vacations - I will never use apple vacations or destinations travel again!
- Apple Vacations - misrepresentation of resort
- Apple Vacations - worst customer service ever!
- Apple Vacations - voucher vs. cash
- Apple Vacations - dissatisfied customer/hanging the phone on customer
- Apple Vacations - cannot be trusted
- Apple Vacation - apple vacations rating system and lack of follow up customer care
- Apple Vacations - complete disaster from the beginning!
- Apple Vacations - overcharge problems!