AP9*PRIVACYPROTECTIONfraud

I checked my credit card statement the other day, and noticed a couple of weird charges on there that I did not make or authorize. One for $19.95 and the other for $29.95 I called my bank to inquire about them and find out what they were and to get an investigation going. My bank informed me that it was a company called PRIVACYPLUS. They gave me their phone number to contact them and find out more information [protected]. The man that answered the phone went by the name of "ANDY" . He was EXTREMELY rude and insisted that I had signed up for this service to which I had no idea what it was nor did I have the confirmation number/pin they were SUPPOSED to have given me. He talked me in circles for about 15 minutes. I finally told him that if he DID NOT take the charges off of my credit card and cancel my account I would be phoning the police. He finally agreed to reverse the charges and let some information go that they had gotten my information off of CLASSMATES when I had signed up for my gold membership. I do remember now that as soon as I entered my credit card info on CLASSMATES, a pop up came up for CREDIT HISTORY CHECK. I DID NOT sign up for the service nor did I enter in ANY information. I closed the site and went on with my day. SOMEHOW CLASSMATES is giving out credit card information! I hope this can be taken care of so that nobody else gets taken by these lowlifes!

More AP9*PRIVACYPROTECTION Complaints & Reviews

• Va
    Val Oct 28, 2008

I have no records for authorizing charges that started to appear on my credit card account in August, 2008

• Ro
    Roger Rajan Oct 30, 2008

On the 26th Aug 2008, 23rd September 2008 and 23rd October 2008 my TD Canada Visa Card has been charged the sum of $29.95 on each occassion. I have no knowledge of authorizing this company to make any charges on my card.

• Si
    Siddharth Nov 19, 2008

I once checked for free-credit-report and got signed up for this. Only found out about it when i saw my credit card bill!!! They did not even tell me!!!

• Am
    Amanda Nov 20, 2008

I checked my statement online today and noticed a charge of 59.90. I remember looking into a free credit report a few months back, but they would not give me a member ID, said there was problems with my identifying me.

• To
    Tom Nov 23, 2008

I have a same story as you. Have you sorted out the problem?
    How could we do to get our money back?
    Regards

Tom

• Sh
    SHAIKH MOHAMMAD Feb 28, 2009

$29.95 WAS DRAWN THROUGH MY CREDIT CARD. HOW CAN WE STOP THIS CHEATING AND BRING THESE GUYS TO JUSTICE ?

SHAIKH MOHAMMAD

• Al
    Alex Mar 16, 2009

The same thing happened to me when I was signing up for an equifax credit report. Somehow this company obtained my credit card information and charged me. I followed the steps outlined above, and the charge was reversed soon after.

Sandy Mar 28, 2009

I am being charged too! How do you stop the charges?

• Ca
    Carol May 22, 2009

for the last 4 months a charge of 29.95 has been charged on my Visa from AP9*privacyprotection. I never ordered this service!. I called Visa and they routed me to this company to ask about the charges, they said I had ordered it ON LINE..Not correct. I asked how to get refunded for the 3 months I had paid this, and they said they would only refund one payment. I asked to cancel everything. I also got visa to issue me a new card. I would like to know how I can get my money back.

NORMA J. FREELS Jun 08, 2009

I WANT THE AP9*PROTECT CANCELED AND MY CHARGES RETURNED. I DIDN'T AGREE WITH THIS WITHDRAW FROM MY DEBIT CARD.

miketoronto Jun 19, 2009

I got scammed with this fraud too.

Ditto

Same here. Ditto.

• Hk
    hkh Oct 15, 2009

I got scammed by these asshats too!!!

• Ge
    Gerald Couture Jan 06, 2011

they started to charge me 29.95 on Dec 5th 2010 and again in Jan 11th without any authorization from me . Could you do something about it please.
    Gerald Couture

• Ge
    Gerald Couture Jan 06, 2011

Is it possible to do something about it

• Dr
    Drivin Feb 01, 2011

We also found the same charges stemming from when my gf joined Classmates.. we just called the 888 number on her credit card statement and to have it stop all she had to do was enter her postal code??? hmmm no live person. These charges go back over the last 2yrs.

• Up
    upsetconsumer11 Apr 12, 2011

These people are complete rip off artists... The 7 day PPP membership starts from the second you sign up... so it really doesn't give you 7 full days

• Ti
    Tikibyrd Dec 07, 2011

This company has charged my credit card for 19.95. They have informed me that I signed up for a 7 day trial period. If I didn't cancel within the 7days then I would be considered to have signed up. However I do not recall applying for this trial and I have no email correspondence from them nor do I have any paper mail from them.

• Ia
    iAlwaySf_ingWIN Mar 23, 2012

The exact same thing happened to me. There are two charges on my credit card for $31.45 each. One is from Privacy Protection Plus and the other is from Saving Smart. Both websites are the exact same but with different colors. Also the phone numbers under the business name on my credit card statement do not match the "Contact Us" numbers on either website. They had better cancel my so called membership, that I never even signed up for, and return all my money or I will be calling the police.