Anchor House FinancialScam Operation

I sure wished I would have found this website a few days ago before falling to the Anchor House Financial Craigslist scam. I wondered about the ads they had posted--the costs of the houses varied, but the photos were all the same and of course, only showed houses that one could hardly believe were being offered so cheap.

I called and fell for it--paid the $199. I gave them my credit card number and asked the name of the gentleman taking in--he offered it to me several times! (Probably was a fake name!...) Anyway, never got the email with the website password to view the houses. Tried calling back on the number he told me to call and only was able to leave a message. Now that I've read what they do provide you if you are lucky enough to ever get it--it's not even worth pursuing.

It comes down to "if it's too good to be true it is". Be careful of any real estate listings on Craigslist with a toll free number to call.

• Ha
    hankg67 Apr 08, 2009

I actualy obtained one of the homes they listed on craigslist. I'm getting a fatastic monthly payment. Anchor House really has a great program.

• Al
    almost got me Apr 04, 2009

today i called Anchor House Financial. They wanted my credit info. I declined stating that i would first check their company. The man tried to convince me it was perfectly safe. thank you eveyone whos' response to this company and its character was posted.

• Sk
    skamkiller Mar 28, 2009

Beware if a craigslist real estate ad:
    -has no local address, no local phone number or contact info
    -has a GMAIL address
    -has a toll-free number
    -has different rent prices in the subject line and ad body/graphic

Flag the scam ads!