Anchor House FinancialAwful company

P

First off, even though you paid 200 bucks for them to give you a list of houses that are on pre-foreclosure you still have to drive around and find out for yourself if these homes really exist because they provide no pictures of them whatsoever and no way to contact the people by phone.

When you do find the homes you will find out that these homes are not on pre-foreclosure and never was depending if you even get the chance to talk to the people living in them. Some you will find have already been sold and never was on pre-foreclosure at all.

If you ask the people living in the house if their home is up for pre-foreclosure, expect for them to look at you like your crazy and hear the answer no. They have this contact form for you to send through the mail to the home owners.

On this form they want you to put your name at the bottom but Anchor House Financial's address as though now it seems your working for them. They don't even leave a phone number for the people to contact them. I know if I wanted to give up a contract on a home and let someone else handle the mortgage so my credit wouldn't be screwed up I would want to contact these people right away by phone and not send them a message through the damn mailing system.

One more thing, you can forget about getting your money back. Read what you have to go through and how long you have to wait in order to get your refund. I copied this straight from their website in the Terms and Conditions. Services: In the case of Services, a full or partial Refund towards the price paid by the User to purchase the Service may be made provided:

1. Requests for refunds will be accepted after 90 days by certified mail. The request must include at least 5 denial letters form the homeowners you have contacted through Anchorhousefinancial.com

2. The Company has, to its sole satisfaction, verified that the delivered Service was materially deficient in providing the Service as stated in its Service Description on the Web Site at the time of Purchase.

3. The verified deficiencies of the delivered Service were not caused by events outside the control of the Company such as slow internet connections, weather, etc.

Who the h*ll is going to remember they are supposed to get a refund after 3 months!!

• Updated by mgmut34 · Aug 23, 2017

To: Michael Davenport,

I bought your product 14 months ago, followed every step in the process, yet was unable to buy a house. I WANT MY MONR BACK!!! Contact me at [email protected] or on my cell phone, my name is Mark Graham and my cell # is [protected].

First and only opportunity to refund my money $275.00 b4 I take further legal action!

• Mg
    mgmut34 Sep 19, 2018

To: Michael Davenport,

Comments

• Ju
    Julie A 420020 Nov 25, 2015

I hate to admit this out loud but i too tried working this company. It was only a matter of hours before ii realized this was a scam. As shameful as it is i tried to do the job any way and found i couldn't sleep at night. I always said i would do whatever it takes to take care of my family but found that to be untrue! I could not in conscience continue to work for people who are morally bankrupt and display no knowledge of ethical behavior! Every day folks were calling in saying they were already signed up and trying to 'work the program' but addresses were to empty lots, owners that knew nothing of being 'listed' with this company. They periodically change their name to throw people off and manage to keep their doors open another year. 11 years of this BS. I think it's time someone figured out how to shut them down! It may be legal, but ethical? Hell no!

• Cr
    crystalmariee21 Nov 04, 2015

What did the charge post to your account as? Mine said American Standard. I called my bank immediately and had my card cancelled. Please let me know if anyone had the same problem

• Co
    confusedonwhattodo Jun 16, 2015

so none of you got in a house they just took the 200 and ran with it

• Ro
    Rodeogirl73 Sep 25, 2010

I agree with the poster above. this is true as I spent $200 2 YEARS AGO, and never got my money back.. I filed complaint with BBB as well..

• St
    starr1234 Oct 10, 2009

i CANT BELIEVE THEY ARE STILL DOING THIS 7 MONTHS LATER WITH THE SAME NAME. WHY HAS NOT ANYONE DONE ANYTHING ABOUT THIS, ESPECIALLY CRAIGSLIST? SCAM BIG TIME

Shay Jun 09, 2009

By the way the address to Anchor House Financial and American Standard Online is 401 Gutierrez St, Santa Barbara CA 93103

Shay Jun 09, 2009

the key to getting you money back from Anchor House Financial or American Standard Online (the same company) is to call your credit card company and ask them to do a charge back and file a complaint with the BBB

Shay Jun 09, 2009

are you kidding how many people are getting ripped off everyday by this company ? the answer is at least 26 per day

this story is all true

Shay Jun 09, 2009

I am telling you all dont buy achors" lie. They wont do anything for you they, dont help you get a house they steal your 199.00, and when you call customer service they tell you to call back in a couple of days to get your custom search done, when you call back they tell you that there is nothing available but they get new listings everyday...none of this is true, while they do have listings in some major cities they still dont help you get into a house, the homes are poorly shown in the pics because they are not authorized by the current home owners to take pics...also just because a home is in pre-foreclosure does not mean that this company can get you into it...also these listings are all back due on payments in the thousands of dollars, and they dont do anything but lie about how to get into these homes...OH DONT GET ME WRONG ... it is possible to get the homes but it takes alot of money and alot of leg work, and a lot of time its not the easy thing to do. Also ANCHOR HOUSE FINANCIAL and AMERICAN STANDARD ONLINE are the same company, I know this because I am a current employee and I know what they are doing, and yes I am done with that place and now need a job.