Ancestry.com — Scam and fraud
There are many complaints regarding Ancestry.com and they are all valid as far as I am concerned. They attempted to use my credit card and extend my membership even though they had been instructed not to. They do this because as most people who have even had a membership with Ancestry will tell you they don't have any information other web sites don't have and the other web sites are free or at least won't take it apon themselves to extend a membership. If you ever do a search on Ancestry you will see that most of their information is taken from Census reports that are available everywhere. That's why they extend your membership, they hope you won't notice and they have such a dramatic fall out rate that they try to swindle people. Do not under any circumstances give them your credit card number unless you have a credit card company that believes you and not them. The credit card companies want that money too. Ancestry will take you to the cleaners if you allow them to.
More Ancestry.com Complaints & Reviews
- Ancestry.com - deleting account
- Ancestry.com - Impossible cancellation of a registered guest
- Mfi Family Ancestry / Ancestry.com - Credit card fraud!
- Ancestry.com - credit card fraud
- Ancestry. Co. Uk - scam
- Ancestry.com - Will not send an invoice or receipt
- Ancestry.com - Site Upgrade
- Ancestry.com - very poor customer service
- Ancestry - ancestry.com dna test/ results
- AncestrybyDNA.com - They provided only some general details