Amerisave MortgageKami Bair

In January of 2008 we spoke with a Amerisave loan officer about refinancing our home. I had checked with other banks and they said they could close the loan with closing costs under $4, 000. So when I spoke with my loan officer Kami Bair, she said that she could do that for me, no problem. Well what she had me sign said alot higher on closing costs, but she just kept reasureing me that the numbers were high, but when everything is said and done, with credits, we would be where she said we would close at the 4, 000 mark. The loan closed with over $9, 000 in closing costs and Amerisaves famous surefees reached over $7, 000 of this amount. No credits were ever applied My loan was for only 121, 000 and our home appraised for 170, 00 and our credit score is 820 so why they think they need to rob the public for their services is beyond me because if it wasn't for me bugging them constantly with emails and phone calls, I don't know that we ever would've closed. My loan with Amerisave cost me over $5, 000 more then anywhere else would have charged. And I just want to know why!!??? is this company still in business, they are rip off artists who hide behind their loan officers or the other way around. No one with Amerisave and Amerisave themselves should be trusted with peoples money. I hope that someone can read this before they make the HUGE mistake of doing a loan with Amerisave or Kami Bair.

Charlie R Jul 07, 2009

If your loan cost you so much, why didn't you go elsewhere to get a loan? Closing costs are based on the finance
    percentage. The lower the percentage the higher the closing costs.