Ameriprise FinancialFraud/Scam

H

Watch out for Ameriprise Financial Company!

Ameriprise will lie to you to get a contract such as Variable Life Insurance, Annuities.

In my case, before I signed the Variable Life Insurance and Annuity contracts I asked/confirmed the Ameriprise financial advisor if I could cancel these contracts at ANY time, WITHOUT ANY fees/WITHOUT ANY penalties.
But Ameriprise charged a surrender fee $3139 when I cancelled the Variable Life Insurance (within 10 years of the contract signed).
I think this is FRAUD.

Watch out for Ameriprise Financial Company and be careful if you sign a contract.

• Ga
    Gary Ranthal Nov 28, 2010

Ameriprise's business model works like this:

you want college funding, buy variable life insurance

you want to invest, buy variable life insurance

you want to protect your family, buy variable life insurance

Their life insurance products are through their own company, River Source which is totally over-priced

USAA life insurance is a much better option, YourLifeSolution.com is also great because the site doesn't require information to get quotes immediately.

• Ta
    Tamara Gibbs Feb 05, 2012

I recntly contacted an Ameriprise Financial advisor in Milwaukee named Bernadette Meagher. I called her to find out how to best utilize my Money Market Account and get into investments that will make my money grow as I wanted to stay in my rather expensive apartment. She immediately yelled at me to move into a not so good area or I will be working until I am 80 years old, and when I cried she called me a wimp and said I needed therapy. This woman is totally inappropriate and unprofessional, she knows nothing of my situation and would not even give me the time of day because she only cares about, and I quote "higher end clients" I am so angry I am seriously considering pulling out of what Ameriprise investments I have.