The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Ameriprise — account transfer mishandled
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
My husband and I wanted to close his IRA with Ameriprise and transfer part of the money to an IRA at our bank and the rest to an IRA at another brokerage.
We gave them specific instructions, and even wrote on the forms that the transfer to the bank was to take place first and only after that was the remainder to be sent to the other brokerage firm.
Ameriprise ignored our instructions and sent the entire amount to the brokerage firm and nothing to the bank.
They apparently cannot follow simple instructions (we even numbered them 1 and 2).
They made no attempt to contact us about any problem, just did what was apparently easiest for them regardless of our request.
More Ameriprise Complaints & Reviews
- Ameriprise Financial - Scam
- Ameriprise Financial - Fraud/Scam
- Ameriprise Financials - Fees to close a Brokerage accoun
- Ameriprise - Scam
- Ids Ameriprise Casualty Company - DO NOT BUY THEIR AUTO INSURANCE THROUGH COSTCO
- Ameriprise - Auto Insurance
- Ameriprise Financial - annuity scam
- Ameriprise Financial - Avoid Ameriprise, Personally Manage Your Portfolio
- Ameriprise Financial - Treat Employees Like S***!
- Ameriprise Insurance - homeowners insurance