America's Spa-MartPoor product and customer service

G

I purchased a hot tub cover from Spa-Mart.com last November 2009. The cover arrived with the tie-down straps on the wrong side. I called the company, and spoke with a female that I supposed considers herself to be the Customer Support person. She asked for pictures, which I ended up sending three times.

When I initially inquired about covers, she was quick to return my emails. When I sent the pictures as requested, she never acknowledged.

This company's customer support methodology is to ignore, and hope you'll go away. Apparently it must work, because I have come to the conclusion that I'm wasting my time trying to obtain any repair for the product. I will have a local upholstery shop correct their mistake.

If you are looking for a hot tub replacement, DON'T buy from Spa-Mart. Aside from their poor customer support, and lack of understanding their own website diagrams for strap locations, the quality was medium at best.

• Sp
    SPA-MART Mar 24, 2010

When this complaint showed up on another complaints website a couple of weeks ago, we responded inviting the customer to contact us to discuss this issue. We were never contacted. Now, an identical word-for-word complaint shows up here under a different name. Our offer still stands for the customer to contact us about their issue. I have a feeling we won't be hearing from them.

- America's SPA-MART Customer Service

• Ti
    Tim Joyce Dec 23, 2011

At you received yours. I am still waiting. it was promised this week and it never arrived. There is no communication as to its location.

• De
    denkopf May 16, 2017

I too now have a problem this this Made In America. One of my tie down straps was never properly fastened to the main cover and came undone. Spa Mart clams it was due to wind damage, bull if the wind had pulled the strap out there would have been either the trap ripped or it would have pulled out of the cover causing a tear. It did not. the edge of the strap is clean no tears. there is stitching breakage on the flaps only not the main structure. I sent photo showing this and they will not admit to manufacturing failure. We went back and forth several times and I was switch to a Jason. no help. they keep blaming it on the wind. If it was the wind the strap would have been ripped out causing a large tear.
    The said that they would fix it if I pull the guts out and send back the cover, I would have to pay for shipping which would be big $$$ and cover my Hot tub with a tarp. they will not tell me what the turn around time is.
    Do not purchase from them Not happy at all.