American Van Lines — complete nightmare
In July I went online to find movers to move me from KY to SC. Michael Mowatt with American Vanlines contacted me and gave me an estimate of 1800 dollars, I told him I was on a fixed income and could not afford it. He quickly talked to his superiors and asked what could I afford, I said 1500. I signed the agreement and prepared for my october move. 2 days prior to my move I was contacted by a 'Danny' from American Vanlines, informing me that I had to sign additional papers before the trucks could be sent out, i read the papers and immediately disagreed with the new amount of 2165. Danny assured me and my partner that these papers were only precautions and that I would not have to pay these amounts, also that a refund would take several weeks to process. Against my better judgment and because of this coercion I felt I had to force these documents. Now I am at my new location and being told another price. I was TOLD that my weight did go over my 3000 pound quote by 1000 pounds but my moving price DOUBLED. This whole ordeal has been a complete nightmare.
More American Van Lines Complaints & Reviews
- American Van Lines - over charge $1147, 2182p they charged 4136p
- American Van Lines - fraud!!!
- American Van Lines - cheating on the job
- American Van Lines - total rip off - thieves and crooks
- American Van Lines - overcharges, breaks things, horrible customer service
- American Van Lines - horrible movers complaint
- American Van Lines - moving service
- American Van Lines - Deceptive Dishonest Moving Practices
- American Van Lines Moving Household Goods - over charge
- American Van Lines - driver truck number 4230 trailer 5742