ADVERTISIMENT

American Medical Association [AMA]Beyond pediatrics / venture pediatrics refusal to release medical records

Q Feb 17, 2021

10/30/2020 and is ongoing. Pediatricians Luisa Rita Del Castillo and Debra Harmandy refuse to release my daughters medical records to me, her mother. They have instructed the front desk staff to not release them to me. Dr. Rita has offered to release them to my daughters father but will not release them to me and we are not together. When I spoke to her on the phone she told me I had to pick them up in person and pay cash for the records. I was told they were ready for pick up and when I went to the office they refused to give them to me because of a balance on our account, which is illegal and a violation of HIPAA. I went to the office several time and each time they refused and used the excuse of their fax machine was broken. I told them I need them to prove my daughters identity to the social security administration and they told me they would fax them to them which is not possible. They no longer take my calls. I have a new pediatrician that has also requested the medical records and they continue to refuse their release and hang up on them and no longer take their calls. I had an attorney send them a letter with HIPAA authorization to release them but no response and they hung up on her and no longer take their call. This refusal to release the medical records is unethical, dangerous, and is putting my daughters health in danger. IDLH.

Comment Guidelines