Amantel Real Time card — They stole my money

A

I bought an international calling card called "Real Time" from Amantel.com. Amantel boasts that you can call for 7.9 per cents to Sri Lanka. It provides a local access number. [protected]. Card details says if the local access number is not used additonal charges are applied. So I bought it because there is a local access number is available for the card and I do not have long distance service.
When I dialed the number the automated message says you do not have enough credit and hung up. It does not allow me to enter any pin number. When I tried the customer service number, (which is again a long distance number costing me more money) sent with the pin number the person in the other end told me [protected] is no longer in use an he gave me another number which is not in local area. This person's way of speak is very rude an he does not understand English well. I told him that I have no long distance phone so I need a working local access number or my money back. He says he can refund money after reducing 15% for the cancellation fee. This is very unfair an cheating. If I live in a third world country this will be quite normal with this type of people. But I live in Unites States of America where everybody can expect fairness.I will never use Amantel phone cards again and I should warn everyone who use them.

They stole my money

• Ha
    Hari Iyer Aug 30, 2015

you can always write a written complaint to federal communication commission (fcc) and they will take action right away.

Jacob India Aug 31, 2014

It is a fraud company, looting money from people. They reduce balance time in the calling card without any reason or logic. I bought a card for 1000 min of calling to India by paying 14 USD and called for about 54 min maximum and now it is saying the balance as 915 min. I don't know what will be remaining the next time I call using that. I dialled to only one number in India. Many times when I dialled that number it will say like "this facility is not available", "please check the number", etc., And only a few times I got the call connected. Some times I got the call connected to wrong numbers. It is really frustrating and disappointing. I request other people to not buy this cheap thing. Otherwise, consider as you are giving money to some thieves or beggars.

Jacob Hebrew Jun 06, 2014

Please get in touch with authorized person to resolve your problem. Posting the comments will not provide you the solution.

Jacob Hebrew Jun 06, 2014

Please get in touch with customer service, if you are getting any error. Posting the comments can not resolve your problem until you reach to correct person/authority.

mark32 Feb 03, 2013

"All circuits are busy. Goodbye." Sounds familiar? Welcome to Amantel. It does not deserve even one star. Customer service is horrible, barely speak English. Their "technical support" claim that they resolve the issue, but of cause, nothing was resolved. But this is not all. Check this out. This is quote from their return policy: We offer 100% money back guarantee. If for any instance, you are not pleased with our service, we will refund 100% of the remaining balance. (http://www.amantel.com/faq.aspx#OP_6).
    When tried to cancel the service, their agent said that there is a cancellation fee of 20%. Yea, right.