Alberta Medical Reception College Lmtd.Poor teaching skills

R

The course is a 7 weeks for a Medical Receptionist. The instructor's capability and knowledge is out of date to what is happening in the medical field.A very argumentative and condescending instructor is what we got in our class. Just a note, she will try to make you do your practicum to one of her Doctor friend and will try to get you a job there for less money. I think she gets a cut on that. I would never recommend this program to anyone. I should have gone to SAINT.

For all you students out there who experience the same thing... join my blog. I don't know where to complain.

• So
    Souda ahmed May 23, 2018

I am currently enrolled. It will be my 3rd day tomorrow, can someone please tell me if it's too late to drop out and get my money back??!

• Pl
    plsreleaseme Jul 24, 2017

To all those white-knighting on behalf of the Medical Reception College: just because people have bad spelling or grammar doesn't mean their opinion is immediately invalidated. All the negative comments on this thread are absolutely true. Even though I didn't take this course, I worked here and their total lack of morals and ethics is absolutely abhorrent.

First of all, in regards to the curriculum, it's an absolute joke. The curriculum is really designed so that everyone and their dog can get an 80% with no problem. You would have to be a literal [censor] to NOT pass this course. They then take this artificially inflated graduation rate and put it on a document that claims the program has a 94% graduation rate (of course it does, if any simpleton can pass it) and use it to lure unsuspecting students into joining the program. Their website has changed to medicalreceptioncollege1ltd.com and the site is riddled with errors. When I pointed this out, they actually said that their target wasn't "educated people like [me]" but "new immigrants and people who don't do well in high school." I was so shocked.

In regards to Jina, although she's always been quite nice and respectful to me personally, you can really see her true colours when things don't go her way. She treats the instructor like absolute trash, constantly belittling her and talking down to her. She has EXTREMELY questionable ethics and, to be frank, I can see why some people go so far when they complain about her. She’ll do everything in her power to keep someone happy when it benefits her, and she’ll go out of her way to be enthusiastic, helpful and friendly when she’s trying to get a (potential) student to stay. Everything is all fun and games until she doesn't get her way. The moment someone disagrees with her, she instantly starts gaslighting them, telling them that the only reason they're having issues is because they're not mature enough or they're selfish or they're not trying hard enough etc etc. While I've never taken the brunt of it myself, I've seen her do this to so many people and it's absolutely terrible.

When it comes to registration for new students, you can really tell that it's all about the money to Jina and, most likely, to the entire college. To all ye who got this far, the tuition prices for this program are absolutely exorbitant for sub-par education. $5400 for MOA and $8600 for Unit Clerk? For three months? That's insane! One YEAR at SAIT in the MOA program costs $5660 and you get a way better and more worthwhile education (note: I haven’t taken this program at SAIT myself but I have no doubt it’s better).

During the registration process, Jina is always harping on about getting payment for the registration immediately because this ensures that the students have made an investment and will be less likely to pull out. And even if they do cancel, at least they made $150 off some poor sap who had the good sense to change their mind. She’s gone to the lengths of lying outright through her teeth when she meets students to get them to register, including telling them that there are only two spaces left in the next session (there is lots of space) and that she would shred their documents if they decided to cancel (she refused to after someone cancelled and told me to lie about it).

Following up on student registration, it feels less like a friendly follow-up and more like a debt collection. Jina INSISTS on calling students who have not finalized their application EVERY. DAY. You know that Lady Gaga/Beyonce song? Yeah. That’s what it’s like.

If you’re unable to reach the person you’re calling, Jina makes you call the emergency contact. Umm, what? The emergency contact is someone you contact in EMERGENCIES, not because you can’t reach them. Even if I’ve left a voicemail or sent an email, Jina will insist I call their emergency contact. Apparently, not being suckered into giving them money is an emergency. When I told Jina I was uncomfortable with this, she told me it constituted as an emergency if we couldn’t reach them to schedule an appointment because their student LOANs needed to be taken care of ASAP. Kind of true, but it’s not so urgent that you have to call them and their emergency contact every day until they respond or move out of the country.

The students here also get absolutely zero support. The instructor is a slave to the whims of Jina (I’m pretty sure she hires timid people who won’t go against her so she can walk all over them, because I’ve yet to meet a single instructor who has been able to stand up to her) and can only do what she says. Jina, like someone else had said here, always thinks she’s right and absolutely refuses to acknowledge otherwise. She insists that any problems are the fault of the students, not her or the college, and refuses to do anything about it, telling the student instead that they need to grow up. Sorry, but growing up means resolving issues, not refusing to budge like a toddler throwing a temper tantrum.

The other day I got a complaint from a student about a girl sitting near her that was being disruptive. This had gotten to the point where they would start fighting with each other in class. The girl asked if the other could be moved to the front of the class (there was an open seat) so they could be away from each other and because the other girl seemed to have difficulties learning. I told her I would talk to the instructor and Jina and see what I could do. I figured moving a student who was disruptive wouldn’t be hard to do and would be better for all involved anyway.

How wrong I was. I talked to the instructor, who said she couldn’t do anything because Jina had told her never to move people in class. I thought, okay this is weird. Even in my super strict Chinese school in Malaysia, teachers would be certain to move students if they were causing trouble. When I talked to Jina about the complaint I had received and their request to be moved, she told me “that’s not your job to be involved with the students” (uh, yes it is, whether I like it or not). She told me that she didn’t want to move the students was because they needed to grow up and be mature enough to not get into conflicts like these.

That same day, I received yet another complaint about the same student the first girl had talked about. This was totally separate from the other incident and she hadn’t been coerced into making a complaint. When I told Jina that it wasn’t just a single person complaining, she said that this was probably the girls ganging up to try to manipulate [me] into doing what they want. Maybe she’s had that experience with some other students, but I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt rather than assuming the worst of them right away. The way she talks about students all the time, you can clearly tell that she has a very low regard for them and she sees them as wild animals, totally uncivilized and mindless. If anyone brings up a (valid) complaint or decides against taking the course or raises their voice to object at all, she instantly starts bad-mouthing them, sometimes before they’re even fully out the door.

Recently there was yet another issue regarding the students’ graduation “banquet” and each student was required to pay $30.00 for a served lunch at the next door hotel. Some students went to this hotel and saw that the hotel’s lunch buffet was only $18.50 and they felt cheated because they were paying almost double that amount. To the instructor’s credit, she tried to sort this issue out with the restaurant and they had agreed to cancel the reservation and refund the money. But when I told Jina about the changes as per the instructor’s request, she said that it was unfair to the restaurant people since they had made a commitment a month ago and that it wasn’t any of our business if the students wanted to be “selfish” and pay less. She said, very flippantly, that if students didn’t want to pay the $30 for the “banquet” then they could just not go at all. Clearly Jina values her own appearance, not wanting to come off as a flake, than the well-being of the students, who have very valid concerns.

I’m not going to attempt to dissuade anyone who still wants to take this course because what you want to do with your life is up to you. Maybe some people have genuinely gotten GOOD JOBs out of this course (though I suspect that’s more to do with their own work ethic rather than their education). However, if you’re considering this course, please check your other options as well. SAIT and Bow Valley College might take longer but it’s probably more worth the money in the end. Private educational institutions are always shady, but the Medical Reception College in particular I feel is even more so.

• Pi
    pissedOFF120914 Apr 20, 2017

all negative comments are all TRUE... at 1st i was so dedicated and got lotssss of expectation with the school and with the teaching procedures.. but it is totay a mess.. i am.now wondering if taking this course is a really big mistake i ever did in my entire life. POOR Teaching capability of our instructor ( betty)... instructor cannot pronunce words properly. she got limited resources.. uninteresting topics.. boring teaching procedures.in short she is not competitive, interesting, effective and ideal instructor.. added into that a very rude evil and racist school administrator. (gina) We are treated as pre schoolers here..lots of my classmates do not attend classes or skip classes but ones the person is often see i the office and gets along with gina that persons attendance is not a big deal if she comes to class or no.. My goal is just to finish this S**"""" course and never will recommend this school to anybody out there. it is totally a waste money spending to this school..I just realized if enrolling to any other competitive school my money is not useless...

Alberto97 Mar 20, 2017

Hi Everyone,

I see all your comments and just to let you know that I am taking the program now and I am disagree with your negative comments. I am very happy that I have choose the Medical Reception College. The instructor is awesome. She takes the time to explain to us. Gina is very helpful and she always direct me to choose the right path. My mom was very impressed with what I am learning in the class as my mom is a registered nurse in Alberta. She think the Medical Reception College is the right place to go to start the career in the medical field.

In my opinion, if a person is planning to go to school have a career, you gonna experiment the good and bad. If you keep yourself always positive, you will reach your goal by approaching and discussing the matter with your instructor to resolve any difficulty that you may have, instead of aggravate yourself and in the end you have no career and no better life.

• Re
    Recent Student Jan 02, 2017

After reviewing all the comments above and i personally experienced it. This so called school" medical reception college calgary downtown location "
    Its absolutely scam and not recognized school. It's a huge joke because this school cares about money and not helping students to succeed
    Jina is not a nice, kind, honest person. All the negative above and all the complaints are so legit and very true. I'm very surprised school still exist after all the legitimate complains and all the recent students who are complaining until now. Jina is so selfish, evil, twisted, cruel, controlling #####, narcissistic, hypocritical, lying, denying, main point is she is evil...
    Close the school best solution or completely change the management that's the only way school can survive...

Don't be afraid to post your horrible experiences with jina and school itself.

• Ha
    hairofthedog Jan 03, 2017

@Recent Student I agree with the last posters comments. Im so happy theres a complaint board for this against this school.Im a past student there in 2016.My experience was very disappointing and awful . I feel I waisted my time and all my efforts attending a school such as this.Some of the students dropped out in my class during the time I was there.Wish I had dropped out myself.The last post was so true, seems like that person experienced the same as myself.One thing I realize a person can never win with Gina as she feels shes always right about everything even when shes wrong.She pretends to be nice, but her true colors still shine through and is very transparent.I am not recommending this school to anyone, do not be fooled by fancy worded advertising.

samantha wagner Oct 25, 2016

hey i was a student at MRC and i want to say that these comments wow .like i see spelling mistakes, lies, and malicious accusations.

Wow first of all Jina is a kind women that cares for students .yes there is a lot of notes, yes there is a lot of slide shows thats how this school teaches us i seen .like come on Jina comes and takes her time to help answer any questions as well put us in a practicum placement that i can and did learn a lot for myself to practice and apply to my job in the future and that future came quick. as i started my practicum i was hired when i finished my last day there they office manger pulled me aside and asked would you like a positions here .i was so excited to hear that . Cause if i never took this school i would have never heard those words so people that are saying they did not get a job keep trying cause this career is basically recession free like come its the medical field . As well the staff and instructors where always help full as well the class i was in there was a lot of people that actually pushed the teacher and principal button so far that if i was them i would of expelled them lol omg there i go trying to be the bigger them my self haha anyways what i am saying its was a great experience i am different in so many ways my husband think i am smarter idk he said its sexy that i am educated as well i changed in my personality like from caring to learning how to be around multicultural people

thanks medical reception Jina you are so sweet and as well so truthful when u speak even though sometimes i hated the truth

• Do
    dontsugarcoatit Oct 16, 2016

When anything is too much too soon, it is usually not a good outcome. I am writing this, because i thought this place seemed a little off, & i haven't even applied there. I've taken a look at this website before, & i guess i'd forgotten about it - that must have been about a year or so ago... It's crazy & scary to see the scams out there. There are so many red flags here, that you'd be a fool to not see it. It is called a medical receptionist / medical administration / medical unit clerk (Different names for all the same thing) if i am wrong correct me, but i have quickly done my own research into the same programs offered at sait/cdi/bow valley college ect ect - yet this school is calling it two differentiating courses; medical receptionist: 1) $5400 & medical receptionist & unit clerk 2) $8600 - it's a sales tactic to tell someone that there are limited seats ( ( (There are always limited seats in any class) ) ) - it's a sales tactic when you must call in or meet with someone that does not tell you the prices of the courses on the phone or online such as all of the other major & recognized colleges and universities do! It is an odd thing to be available for contact 24/7! On top of that, do your research - do you want to get into a medical field that is not recognized with the alberta health care system?? That is why these students are not getting jobs - s c a m - let us predict - 50 students/class - 3 courses / year - 50 x 3: 150 x $5000: $750, 000. Oo/year - why can they not get their hands on up to date information & technology??? Because they're not accredited. Sait's course is over 5 months. Bvc is 2 terms over a year. You must have english / math / & or other testing to be accepted & at a grade 12 level. This place accepts a grade 10 level. The calgary class is 3.5 months & their sister class located in edmonton (Same course) is 3 months... Hmm

I'm glad i only wasted an afternoon doing some quick research & finding this site - because i don't even want this as a career - just as another means to get onto another place. It seems amazing if one were able to get a job paying at $25 /hour after only 3 months - but it just isn't feasible. This is a career & the education towards it should be treated as such - i believe very few people would be able to understand & take such a heavy load of info in such a short time frame & apply it.

• Vy
    Vyta-Dorlyna Maurice Oct 05, 2016

True, to all those complaints that you guys make are so realistic. I am a student in the August to October 2016 Program. And so far my class Have had enough of the poor teaching skills and the expired objects and the messed up table and the way that we are getting treated by JINA! And Jina has sych a weird personality. So some people in my class are wanting to get JINA out of the class. So we are wanting to sign a petition and get all the proof of JINA's poor teaching and nasty behavior towards the students. So if you want more information about it, please agree with me and the more signature and the more complaints and proof, JINA could be out of the class. I am ready to start that petition next month, November 2016. email me if you need more information about it, and if you would want to help please do not hesitate to join in.
    [email protected] here's my email for more information

NotHappy1290 Sep 30, 2016

I took this "program" in 2013, in Edmonton. Worst mistake ever, and I will never recommend any one there. I remember being pressured to take this course when I was applying and I wasn't given many options. No option for getting any bursaries and they should really use actual successful students with there ads, but wait there's not very many of those. Very cut and dry. Again, yes, about 50 students in one room that they can barely hold, there wasn't much hands on materials, and the "over 90%" for rate of employment after completing this program is total BS.
    Take your money elsewhere!

• Co
    concern 102 Aug 15, 2016

I agree what low budget school . I experinced it myself the school is way too small . Office is size of the bathroom i feel sorry for the lady who did my registration . No place to eat, no lobby and seems like all the complaints are real . I can't believe it myself JINA is totally wrong .. how they treat us . Definetly not recomending this School to anyone . Dont be scared to state the truth. ...

Likeworkingforaterrorist Jan 02, 2017

@concern 102 What a scam!!! Jina can't spell "salary". Really? Treated me like dirt. this place is a rip off. Don't go there.

Algia Jun 06, 2016

Medical Reception College Ltd is definitely not recognized by AHC. The unit clerk students were not given a chance to have their practicum in any hospitals in Calgary.

On the first week of school, the instructor, Renae, told us to write down the availability & zone locations so they can arrange our schedule for practicum & the following week, we were all surprised upon receiving their practicum schedule. For students who lives in the NE, they were assigned in the farther NW part of Calgary. Those who live in SE were assigned in SW or farther NW... so stupid!!! Renea also treated us like grade school students. Another thing, the school teaches us that MOA's / Unit Clerks must check expiry dates of the medicines, medical liquids & supplies and yet they showed us nasty & expired ones and we passed it on row per row..

We were all deceived by this crappy school. I will definitely not recommend this school to anybody.

Algia Jun 06, 2016

This school is definitely not recognized by AHC. The unit clerk students were not given a chance to have their practicum done in any hospitals in Calgary. Such a crappy school indeed !!!. Go Yvonne. Take the legal action.

• Yv
    Yvonne Daradics May 17, 2016

Is this school recognized by AHC? My classmate works at children's hospital already and she cannot get reimbursed any of her tuition because they claim this course is NOT recognized. . If this is the case then I am taking legal action

• Ha
    Hanelore Apr 13, 2016

Well, finally i found a place where to say something or complaint with reasons about medical reception college. To be fair and honest, i have to agree with people disappointed of this school. I wouldn't recommend anybody to go to this school, not even if they are offering $100.00 if any student refers to another one to this college. I have read comments, here, since 2008 and i see the complaints are still the same in 2016. The teacher uses old notes, slides, to teach medical terminology with a lot of grammar mistakes and sometimes written concepts don't make sense grammatically. So, this is hard for native english students, but much harder for immigrant students who have to do double effort to understand "her notes". There a lot of things the teacher is out of date. There are lot of new things in the clinic environment that this college don 't teach us. The teacher, doesn't even want to teach the students how to take the vitals signs because she said, "only doctors do that, not moas, and also that is so easy now"
    But, now i'm applying for a job and every clinic requires the moa takes the vital signs of patients.In others words, i don't feel i'm prepared for this career after finishing at medical reception college. I thought i was the only one who feels that way, but the last day of classes most of the students where commenting the same thing. The point is: nobody has the courage to say something to the college because all we are afraid of, they create a class environment where you can't complaint about anything. Why? Because all is prohibited there, you are not allowed, not even, to ask your classmate whatever you need, it's so rigid. Most of the students think we wasted our money in that college, so learn the lesson.

• Ac
    Ace12345 Apr 08, 2016

Oh my god I absolutely agree with this. I went there in 2013. The class was way too easy, and my final grade was like a 98. The practicums were good experiences but their way of teaching in the class itself is so outdated. Teaching us how to use a medical office program that has been around since probably the 80s is so dumb. Jina seemed really unprofessional. And same with the instructor I had, Renee. She has no doubt been teaching the same material for years. They haven't changed it probably cause she doesn't wanna have to learn anything new, and they would have trouble finding someone else who would want to work for a really shady "college" such as this one. It seemed like such a scam to me when I first registered, but I was hopeful because my cousin went there and got a really good job at the hospital shortly afterwards. I never found a job after applying to 50 clinics. Not to mention they called me a year after I graduated and asked if I had found a job and I said no, and they were just kinda like "ok bye". They claim that a big chunk of their students get a job right out of graduation, but they probably don't even record all of the ones that don't. Tl;dr don't go here, it's WAY too expensive for what it is and there's not even a guarantee of a job. Not to mention that their main phone number doesn't even direct you to Jina, who is basically the person in charge of the college (can you even call it a college when it's a single room in some ### office building downtown?). The phone number to contact them is a 1-800 number that is out of California I believe. This is honestly just a huge get rich quick scheme that Jina and Renee have got themselves involved with by partnering with some California company or something. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND. Seriously, save your money and go to an actual recognized school.

• Un
    Unknown95 Feb 02, 2016

A friend of mine failed the test they gave her and she thought she could re-do it the next day, but instead they told her she has to wait for 30days in other to return to re-do the test. I think it's really stupid... Why would they make someone to wait for 30 days instead of just asking the person to come back the next day?!!

• St
    Student at Jan 02, 2016

Hi everyone,
    First of this college doesn't exist, and it's so small just 1 room. Please don't ever try to join or attend this terrible college unless you want to west your money and the time.
    I just did my program as MOA at this wasteful college, and I already regret so bad cuz they fooled me for nothing. The lady who does the registration Jina, she is absolutely terrible and racism. The class is too small to work and they force almost 40 students in that class to take place which is awful. There's no place to take a break and have our lunch, beside that students are not allowed to sit in the hall way too. When it comes to the practicum, they send students very far places which they never been. Once they take your money, they don't care what you need. All the advertising is just a lie because no one got a job in our class and even the previous class too.

• Ne
    NeverEver123 Nov 29, 2015

We hired someone from this school. She has honor marks. After 2 weeks we had to fire her. She had no knowledge of the job. Couldn't even turn on a computer. English was her first language. But had no knowledge of basic medical terminology. My care facility has since flagged the school and we no long accept resumes after 2 failed attempt from this so called school. Please consider bow valley or sait. You will get a real understanding of what it is to be a moa or unit clerk

• Di
    disillusionedstudent Nov 08, 2015

Went through the program in 2013. Out of the 20 people in the class, only 3 got jobs. The instructor was ignorant and rude, if you knew even a little bit more than her she would treat you like crap. We learned a black and white computer system that was probably removed from actual practice 15 years ago. It cost $5000 which was ridiculous for such a crappy program. The instructor could talk endlessly about nothing- probably liked the sound of her own voice. Please ladies and gentlemen, do not take this course. Bow Valley College, Columbia College or SAIT would be better options!

• Cj
    cjm17 Sep 02, 2015

they told me it was $5 400 ...is that right?

Alana Nicole Nov 19, 2014

Dear Edna Luis - please learn how to use punctuation and spell check - Thanks!

I was considering doing this with all the transit ads, but it seems too good to be true. The only ones who seem to benefit are those who are not fluent in English, or at least are not aware of proper grammar. That is my red flag. Seems like a waste of $1500 to me! I'll stick with MRU and SAIT.

• Ed
    edna luis Nov 08, 2014

Hello im listening to all your comments
    I went to medical reception college i graduated and get a job witch change my life earn the salary witch never in my life i taught will earn this money
    Thank you for medical reception college for all their help
    Instead you complain start look at yourself and improve your self instead blaming the school for your failure

Likeworkingforaterrorist Jan 02, 2017

@edna luis Do you know the difference between "which" and "witch"? Your written communication skills are a joke!

• Ga
    Gabbyxo Nov 05, 2014

I went down for a meeting yesterday planning on registering this thursday but now im skeptical ?
    A friend of mine also had taken the course at CDI and has not found a job yet and with this course being so short im wondering if it has any credibility when looking for a job :/ not looking to waste my money for nothing when i could be patient and start at sait next september

• Fi
    First Aid Nov 04, 2014

I am currently enrolled in this program, I am scared! Looks like they have been having problems for a long time! Has anyone tried to do anything about this?

Jamaicanqueen Aug 04, 2014

I currently reside in Calgary and I am contemplating enrollment in the Medical Reception College. My concern is this; I have been perusing the job market and there seems to be a shortage of jobs in Calgary. How then can this college guarantee employment after graduation? Also, a friend of mine completed the same course at CDI College in 2012 and she is yet to find employment in the field! Does anyone know if the promise of employment post graduation is real???

• Pa
    pammy123456789 Mar 28, 2014

I WENT TO A JOB INTERVIEW FOR THIS PLACE IN VANCOUVER AND A MIDDLE EASTERN WOMEN INTERVIEWED ME AND SEEMED UNPROFESSIONAL AND ODD. SHE INTERVIEWED LIKE 20 PEOPLE AND SAID WILL CALL EACH OF US BACK TO LET US KNOW EITHER WAY WHETHER WE GOT THE JOB AND STILL NO CALL. THIS PLACE SEEMS LIKE A SCAM. THE "TRAINING" WOULD TAKE PLACE ON SKYPE AND THE PAY IS BASED ON COMMISSION FOR HOW MANY STUDENTS ARE RECRUITED.
    BE CAREFUL WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS SCHOOL. THE FACT THAT NO ONE HAS HEARD OF IT SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT THE COMPANY.

Likeworkingforaterrorist Jan 02, 2017

@pammy123456789 I, too went for an interview ... in Calgary. Jina is unprofessional and downright mean. The ads for admins and teachers go out with so many spelling mistakes it makes me want to cry. She doesn't know the difference between course, or coarse. I lasted 2.5 hours there.

• Ni
    nikkimacs1 Mar 14, 2017

@Likeworkingforaterrorist I just withdrew from the program, because I found the course content to be a lot of irrelevant topics towards the course. Jina was very rude when I was withdrawing. I lasted about a day and a half. There were 4 of us girls from the same class that found out the course was a complete scam. We have spoken to BVC and they told us that no one will recognize this school as a proper course nor a proper certificate. A lot of people on here are saying the school was great and the others that hated are basically illiterate. I'm pretty sure I'm not illiterate, nor are those 4 girls. We all wanted a career change and Jina is definitely not offering one. I honestly think she mostly recruits the non English speaking students because they won't dig deeper into this 'college'. I'm also not sure if I'm the only one but I found the registration guy was really creepy and gross. Also told me that my mom was being abusive for not giving up her tax information for my student loan. He also wouldn't even let me fill out my own student loan application which is illegal. I've called Alberta Higher Education, Better Business Bureau, and Student Aid Alberta; to see what they can do to help us girls. This "school" should be shut down for providing fraudulent information and running a fraudulent business.

Thanks,
    Nicole

• Pi
    pissedOFF120914 Apr 20, 2017

@nikkimacs1 i totally agree with you nicole ..

• Ni
    nickidee007 May 28, 2013

I am sorry but I am going to comment on this blog usually when people complain about a course or a job it means that you were not reliable enough to be at this course or job at this moment and time and you are mad that your shenanigans was not being dealt with...I know this from "immature" experience and I have gone to this school and met with students AND others in the process...You do not know how things will turn out unless you are actually serious about the situation...Just saying :)

Also!! The school is 12 weeks not for 7 and IF other people did not recognize the school why would they have practicum?? If a medical reception job did not let that school do any PRACTICUM they would not let that school even exist!! I had gone in last week and the woman I had spoken with had only wanted serious inquiries since others had not been serious about that course before which makes totally sense.

Every place has rules and regulations and sometimes if you seem interested at the time it does not mean you will be interested afterwards?? Get what I am saying here?? Not insulting you by any means but this post was put on awhile back I assume you are more responsible and reliable by now since it is 2013. I am very neutral to this situation due to the year of response. Hopefully you have found what you have been looking for my dear :)

• Sc
    Screw the school Aug 28, 2012

Please people do not go here!! If you would like to get screwed like I did then by all means go!!! Had nothing but a extremely bad experience!!

• Na
    Nadou926 Aug 23, 2012

Hi, i am french and i would like to know if i should go to That school or to these other.
    Sait college, and bow valley college, they both give thé same medical course but i am new and i dont realy know much about all tree school. Thank you ...

chyatt Jun 21, 2012

I`m currently taking this course and I have to say that I both agree and disagree with the comments posted. I had Gina for the first week of terminology and I found her teaching techniques very easy to understand. And the regular instructor of the Terminology part of the program Norma is a wonderful instructor and is a registered nurse and has been for well over 25 years, she makes learning the large list of 250 terminology definitions and 150 medical abbreviations easy and simple she has great techniques of breaking up the words so that they are easily understood and defined. Although the morning instructor that teaches the administrative part of the program is very hard to deal with, her name is Renea and she has a hard time admitting when she has made a mistake and does not deal well with being questioned on her teaching ability and is very hard to take seriously at the best of times. Also she has a issue with new updated material being presented to her. Other then that I can not complain about the program, I`m in my 4th week and will be on my 2nd practicum tomorrow and I love the placement of my practicums and have also met a great group of women in the class. So I guess for some the experience was an awful one and for others it was a profitable one. Everyone learns differently and I would suggest to anyone thinking about taking this course to go down and meet with the staff ie). instructors and then see for yourself whether this would be something you can gain from or not.

Chantel

• Gu
    gul786 Jun 21, 2012

I recently applied to this medical receptionist college in downtown. for those who got thier job, could you please tell me more about it.and also how much do you guys get paid? and did you get your job right away?

angelica manendez Jul 23, 2011

this school is great i got my diploma in only 12 weeks and now I'm working in a respected field. Thanks medical reception college for changing my life.

angelica manendez Jul 23, 2011

I never knew this school existed i took the program it was so easy and i learned so much in only 12 weeks now I have a great career and the best part is I'm making great money.

alison robins Jun 29, 2010

I just completed the program at the downtown campus and I am now working full time, I made alot of great friends at the school and I'm happy I took the program. It's good to know I now have the skills needed to work in the medical receptionist field although Jina was a very strict teacher and sometimes makes us study a lot!!! Thanks to that hard work mentality she helped me achieve my goals.

• Lm
    lmacpherson Feb 25, 2010

I fully agree that this school isn't a real school. I fortunalty got a fantastic job at the hospital but it was no thanks to this so called school. Nobody that I had interviewed for had ever heard of this school and I believe that I lost a lot of potential employers because of it. I also agree that Jina did not know what she was talking about and there was a lot of false information given in the course-including terminology. As well I was never given the proper income tax documentation and now this is causing a problem for me and Jina is unwilling to give me the information I need. (luckily the CRA has been really understanding and I've filed a complaint against the school with them for income tax reasons). For the people that said I didn't like the course because I failed ect... I actually got like a 97 or 98% in it because it was full of useless crap information.

sarah ogger Feb 02, 2010

I loved the coarse so eazy to understand everything thanks to Gina she's awsome.Oh and by the way the practicum was the funnest part i got all the hands on exsperiance to start myself in an M, A'S field .I would like to say i think these women never pasesed the coarse due to thier lack of spelling .lol I would recomend this coarse first to anyone wanting to learn more more about the the M A field. GINA is great she is so down to earth .Me and my class alum love her .Like all the people that took this class serious would say the same .

• Sm
    smyers Feb 01, 2010

This course was fantastic and really imformative, the course outline was amazing! Once my six weeks was over I found a job right away. My instructor was Jina and she was terrific, very supportive and understanding. She was the main reason I passed my course. The girls on here complaining must be severly dislexic, this course was super fast and fun the six weeks just flew by and I met alot of great people while I was there. I would recommend this course to anyone, it really helped me out of a rut. Ohh...and by the way I love my new job that they helped me get.

Samantha Myers

• Ol
    Olivia50 Oct 04, 2009

blob was on purpose!!!

• Ol
    Olivia50 Oct 04, 2009

I though I might consider this course. I gather from your complaint that you do not know how to spell or to phrase a sentence. Could that have been your problem? I will try to find out more about this college myself not through your blob

• Ra
    Raheela Clark Sep 15, 2009

I totally agree with you. I have been waiting around for 4 weeks to do my third session test and the instructor I have Jina. Is a total ###. She has been on vacation for 4 weeks and has told me I have to suck it up and I cannot have another instructor to do the inclass and the test with I have to wait for her to come. Bull ###. There are no other instuctors to do this with me. What a crappy school. I cannot event ype everything that is wrong with the school. The lecture online. What the ### is she saying half the time. Ugggghhhh I am so mad. I have already put 1200.00 dollars into the school and I feel the material so far is not worth 1200.00. What can we do. We are being screwed. I went as far as calling the better bussiness burueau and there is nothing they can do. Nice system we have in place there to.