Air New Zealand — missing connecting flight excess baggage charge
we flew out to Niue on the 14th Sept great flight by the way, prior to that we couldn't purchase an extra bag online for departure but could on the return trip and were told that you cant do that prior to departure but you can on return trip which we did, we were charged a excessive fee of $170.00 prior to departure which is rather steep and only $60.00 for excess baggage return, also at Niue airport prior to return were told by officials there that airnz shouldn't be giving excess baggage on return trip and they tried charging us extra which i had already paid for, didn't in the end as i showed them the e-ticket with the extra bag already pain for suggest you clear this up with them .
Also our return trip from Niue was close to an hour late so we missed the connecting flight to Kerikeri, so we had to stay the night at Auckland airport the ticket staff were very good and changed our flights to the next day but said they were unable to find accommodation but suggested we stay at the Novotel across the road, which we did as they also only had one room left, ticket staff suggested we contact AIRNZ to claim back accommodation expenses, as you realise this is not our problem re missing connecting flights the time we disembarked was 1845hrs which gave ups 15min to get through customs and to domestic terminal, also other flights has landed so the que was rather long, hope this clears up a few points, flown for years with AIRNZ always have supported our airline .
More Air New Zealand Complaints & Reviews
- Air New Zealand - unpleasant experience 
- Air New Zealand - bad customer relations 
- Air New Zealand - poor service
- Air New Zealand - unfair service 
- Air New Zealand - premium economy rip off
- Air New Zealand - carry on luggage 
- Air New Zealand - bad behavior of air new zealand flight attendant and pilot
- Air New Zealand - original flight cancelled and connecting flight miss-booked
- Air New Zealand - united airlines flight
- Air New Zealand - praise for staff member craig at wellington airport