Air Indiarequest against web ref no - aibe43267497

Kind att. date:-18/08/2018

The General Manager,

ecommerce divison

Air India.

Sir, I would like to bring into your notice a very unfortunate incident that had happened with me and my colleagues during my return journey from Lucknow to New Delhi on the 17 august 2018. I am a frequent flier with Air India and I always book my flight from the Air India portal directly and not from any other third party portal.

On the 16 evening I had booked three tickets with a Web Reference: AIBE43267497 for the next day's flight and selected my choice of seats as well(pls check the web check in--- as my experience theweb check in opens only before 48 hrs so its really a shocking incident) for flight AI432 scheduled to depart at 14:05.

I reached the airport well in advance( i can provide details of my UBER booking from gomti nagar to AIRPORT on 17th at 12.25pm) and had no problems with the CISF security as they let me inside the Airport terminal but when I approached the counter I was told that the booking Date is for 17th Sep and not 17th Aug the day I booked the flight for.

Then I approached the Air India counter where I met Mr.Rajnish Mishra (senior manager) on duty who was very helpful but could not do anything to correct the month mismatch. However he told me that it was a regular problem on that sector and he was aware as it has happened with others also in the past. I had never faced THIS type of situation as i always book my tickets from my mobile phone.

I humbly request you to look into the problem and waive off the date change Fees which the airline charge as they are on the higher side. This will enable me to pick another date as I frequently fly Air India as I had done on a previous occasion on the same sector with a Web Reference: AIBE42760419 without any problems on the 5th Aug 2018.

This technical glitch has already cost me a big amount as I had to buy fresh tickets on high premium from another Airline.

I hope that I will be given a fair chance to modify my ticket details without a penalty as it was not my fault. I further hope that I will not be disappointed and my faith in Air India will continue for the many journeys I am yet to fly with Air India.

Regards