Aiken Regional Medical CentersI am complaining about my mom doctors, morals, ethics, and patient care.

H Oct 27, 2020

10-27-2020
To whom this may concern,

My sister and I are medical Power of Attorney for our Mom in Room 414.
I am very disappointed with how the Doctors at Aiken Regional Medical has treated my mom health care. I am convinced there is ethical morals has been negligent for patient care. I am appalled at the doctors that took an oath to treat each patient with care and yet it's as if her doctors do not care. My mom was first admitted to Aiken Regional [protected] and have been a patient as of 10-27-20. My sister and I have been in contact with her doctors and nurses. On 10-22-20 We spoke with Dr. Chinta and gave him our concerns about having our mom transfer to Augusta University to their cancer unit. We want to have another set of eyes to look her tumor and see what he can do since it's a cancer center. In this same day we spoke with Dr. Flander, DR. Chinta, Dr. Frye, Dr. Chandler who ensure us that her transfer will be completed. We were given an oncologist specialist Dr. Kruse at this location. On 10-25-20 @ 5pm, My sister call A.U. to the oncologist department to find out if any rooms are available and someone at the nurses' station said yes. She then calls back to tell Dr. Chinta that A.U. advise they are taking patients transfer and they do have beds available and for Aiken Regional to transfer her paperwork. Dr. Chinta said the hospital and Doctor must accept her as a transfer patient. Surgery could not be performed at Aiken Regional because they were not equipped to perform that type of surgery and Dr. Kruse is known for his work in this area. The doctors at Aiken Regional is not giving my mom her fighting chance of living. I say this because as of 10-26-20 @ 3:30pm Nurse Kevin advise me that Dr. Chinta said there is no transfers from Hospital to Hospital, He can release my mom to use and we drive her to A.U. To us that did not make any sense because she is connected to IV's and what if she gets in so much pain on the way there that it's our fault for moving her in her condition by POV. Not only that, but when we get to A.U., we will have to wait in the waiting area for hours or days to be seen by an ER Doctor to be place in a room because it's not guaranteed that she will be admitted to the oncology department once arrived. We will still have to wait on copies of her discharge paperwork and her entire medical records form Aiken hospital. I did not understand why an independent EMS transport services could not have been set up for this, if this is what the family wanted. I have questions that were not answered.

1- What change from having a complete transfer to not having one at all?
2- Can the doctor from A.U. Perform the surgery at Aiken Regional even if they are out of network?
3- Is money a factor? She is covered by Medicare Part A &B plus she has Blue Cross Blue shield of SC Retirement
4- Why do you let patients suffer?

I will like for the Administration office to reach out to me to address my concerns. I need to hold those responsible accountable.
I can be reached by email [protected]@yahoo.com, or Harvey.e.[protected]@nccourts.org, Cell [protected]
Mom-patient in Room 414