Agoda Companyunethical behaviour & closure of complaint

City/Country: Bali/Indonesia
Arrival: July 18, 2019
Departure: July 23, 2019
(booking ID [protected])

I booked a holiday in Bali through Agoda which advertised this place as a 4 star Villa. When we arrived there, we found the Villa to be disgusting, dirty, moldy, rundown with broken furniture and staff attitudes were appalling. Reception staff made the stay there hell! They constantly refused to allow me to talk to the manager or resolve any compliant.
We couldn't just walk out & book somewhere else as we are not rich & all the money we had allocated for accommodation was spent on Bayad Ubud Villa.
I returned home & made my 1st compliant on 26 July 2019, with photos. I then had to repeatedly contact Agoda to chase information & answers.

*On 9 Oct 2019 I phoned Agoda customer care number (02 8066 2868) to talk to a manager, I was informed by an automated message that the compliant is closed. My compliant was closed without notifying me or achieving any resolution.

*I sent 2 more emails to Agoda from my personal email & through their official website, complaining again this time about the closure of the original compliant.

*Agoda's phone system doesn't allow customers to contact anyone if someone has closed the compliant (that is very convenient).

The complaints I sent to Agoda are below:
*Agoda Staff failed to handle my compliant appropriately against filthy, disgusting Villa booking, even though I provided photographic evidence! This experience ruined my holiday. There has been zero accountability or response about this issue.

*After many requests, Agoda staff constantly refused to post my revised review even though it was valid & appropriate. There has been no explanation as to why this has happened.

*Agoda Staff told me a full refund was requested & Agoda staff didn't follow through.

*Constant promises were made to resolve these issues & each time Agoda staff failed, with no/ or inappropriate responses.

*There is false advertising by Agoda, because the Villa I booked is advertised as a 4 star Villa, my photos prove this is not the case.

*Each time I contacted Agoda, the responses I received from staff continued to ignore my requests.

*After 2 months of complaining, a partial refund (USD 143.94.) was offered from Agoda which I couldn't accept it at that time, because my compliant was not being taken seriously & was not going to be resolved properly.

*There are too many emails from too many different staff members to attach as evidence. There is no continuity in the handling of complaints. Please contact me for further information

* After having my 1st holiday in 12 years ruined & then having to constantly chase Agoda & complain about the above issues, I know have depression as a result.

*There has been no accountability of either Bayad Ubud villa or Agoda in this sorry saga.

* If Agoda refunds my Villa booking or follows through & gets a refund from Bayad Ubud Villa, that at least will give me closure & I can walk away from this terrible experience.

I look forward to some sort of resolution of my compliant.
Thank you for your time!

Carme Louise