Achieve Cardlack of fee information

When they sent me the card, there was no disclosure in the envelope, so I had no idea when I loaded the card that I would be charged $9.95 per month for the privilege of their crap prepaid card. It wasn't until logging on the the website that you find their terms and conditions. And you can't talk to anybody on the phone without paying $2.00. Don't be surprised if you get cut off several times, at $2.00 a call. I want to know how they can get away with this.

• Gl
    G. Leotard Oct 28, 2009

Achieve Card doesnt charge you for a phone call. I switched from AccountNOW because THEY charged me $2 per call. Achieve is much better. Fees are lower than what my roomate gets charged for his bank accout, but he is always overdrawing

• Ru
    rulesr4rookies Nov 06, 2009

cbasser,

I'm not a fan of these type of cards and am on this site because of a suspicious looking envelope/card that just came to my house unsolicited with another person's name on it. Just so you know I'm not an apologist for Achieve.

As for the "surprise" fees, c'mon man, read the bleeping fees section in the literature that came with the card! You know, the one INSIDE the envelope. It's all right there. Yea, the fees are ridiculous but they aren't "hidden" unless you are a total idiot and don't read the enclosed literature. That's why you got that great public education that our taxes paid for - so you could actually READ something instead of whining because someone didn't spoon feed you.

• Cl
    Clengyel Feb 27, 2010

I knew all along that there is a monthly charge in achieve card ever since I signed up for the card. I don't have any problems with achieve card and I have since June 2009

• Cl
    Clengyel Feb 27, 2010

I have no problems with Achieve Card and I have it almost a year

• Fr
    froggy33 Sep 24, 2010

i just a an app in the mail for this card. im not so sure about it thats why im here. the $9.95 fee is just a one time thing right? do you have to pay anything for your chk to be depoisted onto this card? can anybody give me some good feedback on this card? any touble with it?, hidden fees?, can you use it as many times as you like to? not at the atm i know, im talkin bout at stores. has anybody ever had a problem with there money not been put on the card? any help will help