Aceracer support worldwide

T

I have bought an Acer One 150. The computer never was used and I brought it to Brazil were I needed to work. The computer was never lit. Once I got there I found out the computer was not working. After 2 weeks battling with the worldwide support. They told me that it was a problem on the main board. They don't have the card in stock and it's going to take from 4 to 6 weeks for Acer to have the component and another 4 or 5 for it to arrive in Brazil.
I don't understand how Acer does not have this main board in stock. The computer never worked, Acer should send me another one. DON'T BUY ACER computers because the support is absolutely horrible.

• Re
    red_organic May 03, 2014

No posting unless u are an idiot. Do NOT put nasty stuff on here!

- Red_Organic

• Re
    red_organic May 03, 2014

I have seen about ten acer smashes, and thet were pretty nasty. Please DONT post your nasty stuff here anymore.

• Ro
    Robbyn Mattei Mar 10, 2011

I bought an Acer Travelmate Netbook just over a year ago. My sister got the exact same Netbook when I did. We take good care of our electronics and have never had such problems with computers. Six months after I got my Acer Netbook, the harddrive blew. I sent it in to Acer, only for them to reply that no harddrive was insatlled. I forced the company's technician from which I originally baught the netbook to open the netbook's HDD compartment, and there was the harddrive. Acer technicians clearly are incompitent and cannot fix simple matters such as a blown HDD. One month after the warenty expires, both Netbooks start to crack in the same place. I've never seen this happen with any other brand. Acer HQ in Johanesburg, South Africa informed us that it is not their issue as the warenty has expired. They have poorly manufactured hardware and software and I would inform everyone NEVER to buy ANY Acer products.

• Ad
    adi2084 Sep 26, 2010

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in regards to an Acer laptop, which I unfortunately happen to possess. Some important details of the same product are furbished below.

Bill number- [protected]

Merchant- Croma, Rajouri Garden

Date of purchase- 13-07-2017

Model-Acer Aspire 5745g Ci5 40cm

S/no lxptx020440230338a2500

This is to bring to your notice that I have had a pathetic experience with your product. It has not been even 3 months since I have purchased the product and the 'RAM' has already been replaced.(for obvious reasons).

To add to my agony, even after this replacement, I was told by your technician today that the entire motherboard would have to be changed.

The laptop is in such a bad condition that it simply refuses to work!

The screen goes blank, it shuts down automatically, makes weird noises, etc.

To my amazement, when i requested for a complete replacement of the product, my request was turned down with the following reply- "Our company does not believe in replacing the product, only part5 would be replaced".

This is evident that I have been given a defective product altogether.

If this is the way a multi-national brand like yours works, then I would be glad to file a law-suit in the consumer court shortly.

No matter how big your brand is, I assure you that I would do my best to tarnish your image by word of mouth.

I feel utterly disgusted even by the very name of your brand now.

This laptop happens to be the first and the last product of your brand, that my entire family or my friends would ever buy.

On top of this, it is hard to lodge a complaint for a problem in your customer care.

What a non-sense way of dealing with your customers.

I seek an appropriate solution to the above mentioned issue, failing which I would be forced to take a strong legal action against your company and its attitude towards the customers.

Regards,

Aditya Shandilya
    [protected]

• Cl
    Clint Andrews May 10, 2010

I required feedback from senior management in the call centre department including technical information on their hardware, however they failed to respond.I subsequently attemped on various occasions to contact their country manager(MD).All attempts to log 2 complaints via their Group Customer Services Department so as to attempt to assist in a problem resolution proved fruitless.After a month of persuing various personnel, who were apathetic and unprofessional, I visited the premises of Acer Africa.I thus corresponded with Acer Italy(their international Customer Services Manager is based there to which he reports to the president of Acer).I eventually spoke to the delagated representative of Acer Africa (The Group Customer Services Manager based in Italy was on leave and therefore delegated this to Acer Africa however this individual failed to respond himself, which belies a disinterest in this complaint.What transpired having discussed this with the Customer Services Manager at Acer Africa was that it was simpler and more convenient not to acknowledge that the core of the complaint in fact lay with Acer and therefore in turn passed the full responsibility to a third party retailer.The service issued was clearly appalling.

• Jp
    JPissedOff Mar 27, 2010

So My cousin's dad bought a laptop at radio shack and paid for a repair warrenty from them for 150$, when they brought it to get repair they had to wait around 1 and half month once they get the laptop back the radio shack person says they replaced the hdd and they had to buy a recovery cd from acer the manufacturer, note: that when the laptop came back there was nothing on the hdd he couldn't boot up to os, it was just stuck at a windows 98 screen, then when he bought the recovery cd, it had an error on the 3rd cd, I checked around the site to see how to fix it and saw plenty of people saying it was hardware problem mainly the HDD, so radio shack repaired the laptop with a faulty 298gb hdd (acer was said 320gb) and when my cousin went to get it RE-Re paired, they told him to call acer lvl 2 tech and that acer will tell them how to send it back...

So he paid $150 and got his first repair that gave him a faulty hdd with 20gb less then the laptop should have with no os
    paid another 20$ for the acer recovery cd just to find out it dosen't work
    And now he will probably have to pay for the box and shipping to ship the laptop back to acer

• El
    Elliotorin Mar 10, 2010

On the 4th November 2017 I bought an Acer Aspire 7735G from the Argos Clearance Sale on Ebay. After firing up the laptop I found a slip in the box stating that I could claim a free Windows 7 Upgrade by going to "www.acer.com/win7upgrade". I navigated to the site and begun entering the details. It turned out that I, being in the UK, would have to actually pay £12.78 for "handling and shipping fees", but it still looked like a really good deal. I entered the laptop serial number, date of purchase, etc. and selected "Add to Cart". As I begun entering the "Billing Information" the computer restarted, as at the time it had a problem. This has been fixed, but afterwards I tried to purchase the copy of Windows 7 again, only to receive a message stating that the serial number had already been used for a Windows 7 upgrade and that I had to use a different one. So the company, "Mentor Media", thought i already had a copy, when in fact I obviously didn't, as I hadn't entered an address. I sent numerous emails to Acer via their Support site, which I now see as quite an bad name, given the service I got. I got a reply from someone who obviously couldn't speak very well, given some of their replies, attached as proof photos. Their English was very bad, but I understood enough to reply to them with details of my laptop and where/when I purchased it, etc. They replied, telling me the following:

"Regarding the issue you have informed about windows 7 upgrade, further to the details gathered we have registered the unit on your name with case reference number generated Case id 998288N.
    Further you can try using the serial number for windows 7 upgrade and your issue should be able to be resolved . If still any issues please to e-mail back .
    For further support please e-mail or call our Acer Technical Support Line on [protected].
    We appreciate your interest for sending us e-mail and will be glad to assist you further to the extent possible."

So I tried to register Windows 7 again, but to no avail. He then took six days to reply, and told me once again to call their Technical Support Line. I didn't want to pay 10p per minute for what was probably going to be quite a long call, so I looked on Saynoto0870.com. I found two alternative numbers, based in England, but which no longer work. So I had to pay 10p per minute. I was transferred to India, which was no help at all. I could hardly understand what they were saying, but worked out that they wanted me to contact Argos about it. Why? It was clearly Acer's problem! They also said I should contact Mentor Media (via email, as they don't have a telephone number here in England), so I asked to speak to someone higher up, hoping I could understand them better. I ended up speaking to someone else. They said exactly the same thing, but with only four days left (two being the weekend) until the deadline for requesting an upgrade, I was unsure as to whether I would get a reply in time. So I ended the call, with the supervisor happily saying "Thank you for choosing Acer!" Well, I certainly won't be choosing Acer again. The call lasted around 30 minutes, totaling about £3.00. I was put on hold three times, and the call ended up being a total waste of my time.

jack_bowdidge Feb 25, 2010

WHEY UNLUCKY YOU MUG!!!

BUY A DECENT LAPTOP NEXT TIME YOU SELF FINGERING ###!!!

• Cr
    crosman2007 Feb 25, 2010

I bought an Acer Aspire AS7535-5020 laptop from wal-mart's website. The specs on this laptop on the website says that it's an AMD Athlon 64 x3 dual core @ 2.1GHz. I was very impressed, as well as it has a 256mb vid card and tons, and I mean TONS of other features. I was very impressed. I ordered it. Upon arrival, I looked at the specs inside the "System" in the control panel, it says that its an AMD Tution x2 Mobile @ 2.0GHz. I grew very upset that I was gypped a processor. So, the next open business day, I contacted Acer to see if I could get the problem fixed and quite possibly them send me another processor and I'll send them the old one. They told me, and I quote, "Sir it's supposed to have the turion" I told the guy that it says it on the laptop itself that it's supposed to have the Athlon, not the Turion. He asked me if that's the processor I wanted and I said yes. Put on hold again he came back and says contact wal-mart's website to resolve this issue. I contacted Wal-Mart's website, and they got back to me in a very timely fashion. I explained to them what had happened, and that I wasn't happy about it, but, wanted to see if I could get the right computer with the right processor. (ALSO: this system says it comes with a 320gb hdd and it came with a 280, no backup drives or anything detected) They took about 3-4 days, because they had to contact Acer as well. Well I read a little on the owners manual, and it says that my specific computer can come loaded with either a turion, sempron, or athlon. Back to the point at hand, they called me twice, once to get information about the PC, the second time to give me the update and what they can do about it. They told me that it IS supposed to have the turion, and that the Athlon is the model above mine and that has the Athlon. As upsetting as it was, I ate the large pill that I didn't want to eat, and told them that's fine, and oh well. They offered me a patrial refund of $43.94 for any inconvience that I may have been caused by this. I told them that's fine by me. Wal-Mart was VERY nice and kind throughout the entire process. Acer was quite rude and didn't speak English very well. My next laptop purchase will NOT be an Acer.

• Le
    lewisroy Jan 28, 2010

I two are having a problem with acre service
    having send my laptop in fro non warranty service ther fix it and charge me for it work fine
    BUT when I ship it in it had a 320gb hard drive and 2gb of ram
    BUT when I got it back it had 160gb hard drive and 1gb of ram
    and JUST get anth to send it in FOR A PAID REPAIR took 3 mounth amd 10 to 15 E-mail
    I do not think they under english because I was the same thing over and over untill some body fighter out I was not tringing to get a warranty service
    how I am asking for my old parts back and like the last time it back and forth with the E-mail the same thing over and over as if the do not unstanded english
    I file a complant with the BBB to see if they understaned that
    the is something I am not going to give up on ever if I have to take them to small clam court

• Le
    lewisroy Jan 28, 2010

I two are having a problem with acre service
    BUT when I ship it in it had a 320gb hard drive and 2gb of ram
    BUT when I got it back it had 160gb hard drive and 1gb of ram
    I file a complant with the BBB to see if they understaned that

• Za
    ZacJ74 Jan 04, 2010

I purchased an e-machine from Wal-Mart, which is a rebadged Acer. The box, and computer appeared in perfect shape, so I wrapped it and put in under the tree for my wife. When I booted it up the first time on Christmas day I noticed a very small 1" crack in the display. Upon calling ACER support, I was told that it was not a warranty covered item. That is was damaged by me or shipping. I naturally challenged that because the box had no accordian marks, no dents etc. They "the Indian support center" suggested I call back for 2nd level review the next day. That call resulted in rehashing and being told no warranty and that I would need to do another 2nd level review. I returned the computer to Wal-mart, which was gracious about it but did not have a replacement. Knowing as much as I do about computers, I've learned yet another valuable lesson. Acer No! HP, Dell, Toshiba, Sony YES!

• Ca
    carter4567 Dec 28, 2009

It's so weird because I'm using an acer right now and I have to say that I HATE IT! This was my very first laptop and I've only had it since August and I have found many problems with it. Such as the dim lighting. I have to say I got what I payed for. It was $200 and i have learned my lesson.

Andy888 Oct 08, 2009

acer service sucks, its been a complete month when i submitted my laptop, service center executive told me that my laptop's motherboard need to b replaced which i think hardly take 5 days but now its been a complete month and i am still waiting for my laptop, there customer support are not at all supportive as well there service center, i will prefer everyone who is thinking of purchasing acer product please take a complete review before purchasing any of these kinda products,

Overall Product support and product quality makes a product gud, but acer is not up to the mark

• Ph
    Physrev99 Sep 10, 2009

Unmatched, atrocious service.

I sent in my 6 month old FX6800 Gateway computer for repair. It's been gone for over a month. It has not been returned to me yet. I called several times and pointed out to them that they had said it would take 5-10 days. Their line is that the guarantee does not explicitly state a "time limit" for repairs.

Folks, stay away from ACER/GATEWAY computers. It may look like a good deal - that is until you need servicing!

• Mr
    mr p kumar Jul 20, 2009

Hi i am pawan kumar, i send my laptop [aspire5920] to repaire on 13th july, my ERM no is 15843 i diden't get my loptap and any information about that . please contact me on [protected] OR [protected] of uk

• Ro
    [email protected] Jul 16, 2009

Hi Karen. This is to let you know that you can bring in your Acer laptop to us and we'll take care of the repair. We are Malta's Acer Service Centre. You can visit our website www.klikk.com.mt or give us a call [protected] and we'll help you out.

Regards.

Robert

• Ju
    Julia Nelson Jul 15, 2009

I purchased an Acer laptop. 5 months after purchasing it the computer started white screening. I called Acer 3 or 4 times and the techs said to run a recovery disc. I took it to the place where I purchased it . They ran a diagnostics test and could not find anything wrong.
    When I tried to contact Acer again a recording said your're warranty has expired and they disconnected me. I called Acer back and ordered arecovery disc it caused my laptop to blue screen. I could not get in touch with anyone at Acer I always got disconnected. I took it to a computer repair shop that cost me more money and they cannot fix the white screen problem. Ther is no way that I know of to actually speak to a person at Acer.
    Julia Nelson

• Cs
    cstevenson Jul 02, 2009

I purchased my Acer Aspire 6920 in September of 2017. In December of 2017 I was on the computer when everything went black. No lights or sound no power with battery or AC power. I had to have the mainboard replaced. They told me it would take 7-10 days. It was gone for over 3 weeks. They told me they were waiting for a part. I finally got the computer back and I was told it was repaired, that it passed their tests. When I got the computer back it would only power up with AC power. I called Acer again and they sent me a new battery. In May of 2017 I sent the laptop back to Acer and it had to have the hard drive replaced. Last week I booted it up to check my e-mail, I was on-line about 5 minutes when everything went black. It will not power up just like it did in December. I am by no means hard on my laptop. I think it is ridiculous that I have had so many problems with this laptop. I just got off the phone with Acer and I have to send it in again. I have not yet found an Acer service technician that speaks English. I would give the Acer Service Center an F grade. I have a real hard time understanding any of them. So far this computer has had the mainboard, the battery, and the hard drive replaced. Now I think it is the mainboard again. It is acting the same way as in December. My son has an HP laptop that is five years old and has only had to have it repaired one time. I dont see how the Acer laptops have such a high rating for products and service. I will never buy another or recommend an Acer to anyone.

• blackice Jun 30, 2009

This complaint ties in with a complaint against Newegg where I bought this laptop. When it crashed only #3 days after I got it out of the box. I made sure to register with Acer first thing due to the warranty. The problem with the laptop, Was it would not back-up the hard drive/OS with the back up system that came with the unit. Nor would it burn a back-up on DVD. It would go through the process and when done would have an error displayed saying the burn failed. I check the DVD and it was burned and un-usable, But with no data. When it crashed I could not get back in at all. I tried safe-mode and command prompts and all it would do is resort to using the back up, That never worked. I sent several e-mails to Acer tech and customer service and did not get one back, Only the computer generated response.. I still think Acer laptops are great, I bought a new one, But there customer service and tech support seems out to lunch. So the morel of the story, Plan on taken you Acer to a reputable service tech and deal with the $$ on your own terms. Maybe if your lucky you can get re-in if Acer acknowledges you. They refused to help me due to not having the S.N. on the laptop due to sending it back to Newegg. But lets not forget, That number was sent @ time of reg and they where to lazy to go in to there data to find it and help.. I await a response after filing a complaint with the B.B.B.

• Wi
    wildgeese Jun 04, 2009

I purchased my Acer computer in December of 2017. In March, my battery stopped charging. I have called Acer technical support 6 times. They replaced the batery twice, the AC adapter, flashed the bios. I paid $40 to have it sent it in for repair, it came back exactly as I sent it. I called them again and was told to send the computer again, this time no charge. They did not, however, give me the correct information to download my FedEx label. When I went online this morning to sent a letter of complaint to their customer service department, there was no such thing. There is abolutely nowhere to register a complaint with the company. Is there a phone number or address I can contact?

• Rt
    rtjjj May 23, 2009

I have had my Acer Aspire one Netbook/Laptop computer for only 5 months and the left shift key came off. I was told that it would not be covered under warranty and they wanted to have my credit card to put a hold on it for $449 to fix the computer. I only paid $350 for the computer to begin with. It just needs a new keyboard which if I fixed it myself, would be around $30. I think it is ridiculous for them not to fix the keyboard under warranty and then to want to have the hold on the credit card for more than I paid for it new. I will not be buying another Acer product! I guess you get what you pay for as far as product and customer service.

• Da
    David Apr 22, 2009

I had purchased my Acer LCD screen in January of 2017. All was well until display malfunctioned(all that was black was now grey with vertical lines running through). I sent the monitor in for repair to their repair center in Concord, Ontario only to have it returned to me with the repair invoice indicating that no fault was found, and they had tested it for 48 hours...interesting because they had only had the monitor in their posession for 36 hours before sending it back. Received the monitor back and plugged it in and guess what? Same problem! Called Acer and spoke to someone with a Pakistani accent who was very friendly, but had to transfer me to to a "level 2" technician. The level 2 tech (Daniel-very cocky and interruptive) came on and after I explained to him that after having just received the monitor back, I shouldn't have to pay the $40 dollar shipping charge again. He was very unhelpul, and did nothing but quote from the warranty manual. Make a long story short...gooddbye Acer!

• Ka
    karen Apr 07, 2009

No one buy Acer products!
    I have had a laptop for week bought at airport. I am English but been living in Malta for 7 month. I am having problems with it.No one deals with Acer in Malta so nowhere to take it. They refuse to give me help by email. As cannot phone England coz cost a fortune from Malta also got hearing prob so cannot hear on phone. If someone ringing from England it 50p a minute so good knows how much it would cost me.

Joanne Apr 03, 2009

I have been trying for the last 2 hours to get an email address or a phone number so I can speak to someone about my faulty Computer. THere is no list of names and even when you put in customer services it still doesn't help!!! I would like someone to get in contact with me TODAY!!!

Very Frustrated customer

Joanne!

• Ia
    Ian Mar 12, 2009

Acers website said my computer had 9 months left on my Warranty. I shipped it to the Repair center in Temple Texas only to have two calls from NASTY CSR's WADE and NICOLE both POS, stated they will NOT stand behind their product and denied my claim. The website makes no mention of what is or what is not covered. It only told me my model and serial # IS still under warranty. BEST to stay away from anything from this DISHONEST company, ACER!

• Ha
    Harsha Mar 09, 2009

Even I am facing the same problem, I bought Acer Aspire series, The hinge broke soon after 15 months and that's the quality of materials they use. When I approached the service center they asked me to pay 8000 rs towards the replacement of the hinge. Even my DVD ROM stopped functioning from the 13th month. for both to get repaired I will have to spend atleast 10-12K, if i invest 5 k more i will get a new laptop. BUt my concern is i bought this low quality laptop paying 45000RS. I did not wanted to pay or not in a position to shell out all mty earnings on this laptop. Please suggest me with the remedy.

• Li
    Linda Oct 18, 2008

I was given an Acer laptop for xmas (1 year warranty plus another 2 year was bought)as I have a walking disibility.I faithfully sit in a lazyboy, open/use/close it then place it on a glass coffee table once finished using it. I did this, closed it then 3 hrs. later went back to use it and the screen was multi color.I called The Source where it was purchased becuase we were told any problems take it there.The manager told me it was my fault as I must of did something to the screen, even very little will do it.I assured him I did nothing but close it.I do not have children in the house.He told me he would send it to Acer and they will call me.One week later The Sources repair facility called me to say it was my fault and Acer would not repair it free, they will charge me $450.00.I called The Source to voice my concern.I then decided to call Acer myself, customer service.After waiting over 2 hrs. off & on on hold, being transferred to level 1, level 2 then a lady called Francis.I was told they had no record of my laptop in their repair facility but either way if it was the screen they will not repair it for free, she quoted me $350.00. Also that to do this to the screen it has to be a blunt force, yet The Source said a small thing could do this!.I asked both The Source & Acer if they would go on the net and type in this same problem and see all the other Acer owners with the same problem as there are thousands.Bottom line they do not care about their customers and mainly they don't care what others type in a computer.I then called the Source back and asked why I was told it was going to Acer when all along it was just sent to their repair facility.They said they will send it to Acer. I feel Acer should take a look at their screens as with all the same complaints I have read about it's them who have the problem, either cheaply made or a defect.The Source loves to sell the products but will not back up anything.I have sent my complaint to the better business bureau, any other place I can complain, refuse to ever again shop at The Source and will wait for replies from some of the places and contact a lawyer if I get no satisfaction. I am 52 years old, very gentle with my stuff and I know I did not mistreat this laptop in any way and refuse to sit and be told I broke it.

• Lo
    Louise Gareau Jan 26, 2008

The laptop is not even a year old, the cd drive does not work and has not worked since its purchase. The computer now is going dim and my daughter uses this computer at college. The web site is horrible in trying to find out how this can be fixed. She rely on this computer for all her work and now she is computer less and when a product is not even a full year old something is not right. This is not good for Acer since word of mouth is the really not going to be good since a lot of her friends will not even look at the laptops made by this company.