Menu
Abu Dhabi International Airport Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Abu Dhabi International Airport
reviews & complaints

www.abudhabiairport.ae

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.2 35 Reviews

Abu Dhabi International Airport Complaints Summary

2 Resolved
33 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Abu Dhabi International Airport with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Abu Dhabi International Airport has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Abu Dhabi International Airport. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Abu Dhabi International Airport reviews & complaints 35

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Abu Dhabi International Airport reviews & complaints

B
7:11 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Abu Dhabi International Airport Package has not arrived after pay the request amount Abu Dhabi to Dubai

I am deeply frustrated and dissatisfied with the Abu Dhabi Lost and Found services. Despite numerous calls and emails (4/5 per day), I have been waiting for my luggage for over 10 days. Each time I contact them, I receive excuses, and their unresponsiveness is unacceptable. I've paid for their service, but they have failed to deliver, causing significant inconvenience. Moreover, my delivery address in Dubai is just an hour away from the airport, making this prolonged delay even more perplexing. As a frequent traveler, I have never encountered such inefficiency in a public service, and this experience has left me genuinely concerned. Immediate action is requested to resolve this matter.

Claimed loss: Abu Dhabi Lost and Found servicesDelivery of the package

Desired outcome: 1000 dirham And have my package with my luggage back or I think is stolen

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Abu Dhabi International Airport representatives only. If you are affiliated with Abu Dhabi International Airport, please claim your business to access these details.

12:01 pm EST

Abu Dhabi International Airport Check in and drop off area

I would like to raise a complaint to improve the services on the departures area.

Brand new airport for sure have a lot to improve with regards.

Besides pretty and clean, the departures area in check in and drop off is very confusing.

Currently in the Qatar Airline, flight QR 1053.

On my arrival flight QR 1053 and QR 1055 shared the same area. Very confusing.

I approached the ground staff and shared my concern. Later on they split the flight, but the damage with long queue was done.

Desired outcome: Better organization between both flights. Check in and only drop off area to be separated. Government employees to have also a priority queue on the side

V
12:51 am EST

Abu Dhabi International Airport Terminal 4 safety, Etihad Airways

Hi,

I was boarding my flight from Abu Dhabi to Chennai on the 16th of November at around 9:20 am.

After entering my gate, to my surprise the floor was wet on the downward slop. This caused me to slip and drop both of my alcohol bottles that I had just purchased from the duty free. This was completely not my fault as the floor was genuinely wet causing me to slip and drop the bottles. The bottles were extremely expensive and the combined value was 1500 AED approximately. Both bottles broke completely and I was not even able to salvage the bill as the Etihad staff were urging me onto the flight so that they could close the gate. I wanted to receive at least the bill to file a complaint but I was not allowed to. Please look into this matter

Claimed loss: 1500 AED

Desired outcome: Refund

Hide full review

Is Abu Dhabi International Airport legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Abu Dhabi International Airport as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 5% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Abu Dhabi International Airport stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Abu Dhabi International Airport should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Abu Dhabi International Airport earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Abu Dhabi International Airport achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Abu Dhabi International Airport. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and email, as well as 2 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Abudhabiairport.ae has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Abu Dhabi International Airport website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Abudhabiairport.ae has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Several positive reviews for Abu Dhabi International Airport have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Abu Dhabi International Airport has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 5% of 35 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Abu Dhabi International Airport protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
11:37 pm EDT

Abu Dhabi International Airport Terrible attitude from check in desk agent

We can for check in to Wizz air flight from Abu Dhabi to Antalya flight number 5W7175.

Lady Livia (she refused to give her last name) asked our tickets and we provided phone, when returning phone she has thrown it, started to show attitude when we asked additional questions. So unprofessional customer approach, when we asked manager in order to complain she has thrown our passports and said she won’t do our check in clearly refusing to do the service for which we were standing in the Q one hour. So unprofessional and extremely rude actions showed very disappointing attitude of Abu Dhabi airport and Etihad airlines. We are flying very often from AD but this is first time faced like this situation that totally damaged reputation of service and got us very upset, when we did nothing wrong but got theater this way.

We demand manager to take an immediate actions and get back to us.

M
1:24 pm EDT

Abu Dhabi International Airport Security and management

I reached at Abu Dhabi airport at 1:10 PM on 14 june 2023. I cleared everything and reached the bus ticket desk. When i check on my wallet it was not there and checked myself thoroughly. After that i went to the security person and told him about my missing wallet and he directed me to CID. I went to CID and told them everything and they did not do anything but they pushed me away and said you forgot your wallet at Kutaisi Airport. I emailed airline which i used and also to the kutaisi airport. Kutaisi airport has answered me that they did not find my wallet there it means it was stolen at Abu Dhabi airport. I request to the management and other relating departments to help me out. I have my important documents in that wallet including my Emirates ID and my Pakistani driving license. Please help me find my wallet. I'll great full to you all.

Desired outcome: I would like a spontaneous response and find my wallet

Z
1:02 am EDT

Abu Dhabi International Airport Loss/Stolen of Cash Money

Good day AUH,

On 23/05/23 between 13:00 hrs. to 14:00 hrs. I was setting at terminal 3 gate # 39 to departure to Pakistan via flight EY243.

I had loss a cash money AED 4200 at air port which could be stolen by someone, because I have doubt on a person who was sitting in front of me, It could be happened when I just went for toilet. I came to know about this incident upon arrival at LHE airport.

Desired outcome: I would like to request to airport security department/Police to kindly check CCTV cameras between 23/05/23 13:00 hrs. to 14:10 hrs. at terminal 3 Gate # 39

9:23 am EDT

Abu Dhabi International Airport Missing a courier at immigration counter

Dear Abu Dhabi airport immigration management team.

I am GUPTA NIKITA and I had lost my purse on immigration counter. where I checked my all item with security person and scanners on 16-05-2023. I am sharing detail of my lost item. BAG colour is Blue and marked with STAR and brand of Marvel. Kindly return that pursue to my address, free of cost If you can. SUNDERLAL BENI PRASAD PETROL PUMP KALYAN NAKA BHIWANDI 421302 BHIWANDI.
My PNR is VN3T3F
passport no. T1304755

A
5:06 am EST

Abu Dhabi International Airport Irresponsible behavior of Etihad Airline

I booked my ticket from Delhi to Paris via Abu Dhabi with Etihad airline and the ticket reference number is EUDSCM. I boarded the flight at Delhi airport on time but due to technical reasons flight got delayed for nearly 3 hours while we were in the flight. Due to this, I missed my connecting flight from Abu Dhabi to Paris (also Etihad with same PNR and reference). At the Abu Dhabi airport they provided us with alternate connection via Amsterdam. I also had another flight from Paris to Sevilla and they gave me alternate connection for this. So far so good. I waited at the Abu Dhabi airport in the night for nearly 6 hours. I enquired about my baggage at terminal T1 and T3. They informed me that you would receive your luggage at your final destination Sevilla (Spain). To be sure, when I reached Paris I checked my luggage at the Belt but it was not there. I thought they will send it to Sevilla as they said. I went on to take my next flight. Vueling airline agent asked me about my luggage and I said it is checked through. They did not bother and gave me boarding pass without any luggage tag. When I get down in Sevilla I could not find the luggage. I asked the Vueling they say if your boarding pass has our tag then we can file PIR otherwise not as we don't deal with etihad. They did not lodge any complain. Next day I complained to Etihad and they found my lugggage in Abu Dhabi. They are saying me to come Abu Dhabi to take the luggage as can be seen in the attachment. Sometimes, they are asking me to file PIR with Vueling and Vueling is not taking any complain formally. I already went to Sevilla airport and asked them to file complain but they took detail and said will inform you if we get it; but this is informal complain. The thing is why should I ask Vueling? Vueling never received my bag. It is with Etihad in Abu Dhabi.

Desired outcome: I want my bag to be delivered to me as soon as possible.

5:20 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Abu Dhabi International Airport Lost the mobile in customs area — follow up with lost &found - only getting system generated reply

This is a user submission from the lost and found form.
Reference No: LF23014604
Name: Selvin J Rajan Marudai P Xavier
Email: [protected]@yahoo.com
Telephone: [protected]
Item Lost: Cell Phone
Lost Item Description: One Plus mobile phone USA cell no [protected].
In spite of repeated emails I am getting system generated emails only.
I have searched through google I got the following details .
My device details are given below .. the device IMEA number is [protected]
It is shown it is available. And last tracked on Jan2 where as I left AUH airport to Brussels on Jan 01 itself and reached Hartford CT on Jan 1 at night.
My friend Raju Thomas (+[protected] USA ) called my number and some one answered the call and said the mobile is with the customs at the AUH airport..
It seems it is with ABUDHABI customs. Please contact and let me know if the phone can be recovered and send it to me.
Thanks
Selvin
Inline image

Desired outcome: Please connect with AUH customs and recover my Mobile and send it to me at the following addressSelvin 389 main streetAPT # D7Hartford, CT USA -06106

C
11:59 am EST

Abu Dhabi International Airport Luggage service center

Hi this is my first time visiting the Abudabi Airport. We were told 3hours to keep our luggage will cost us 57.50 Durham we agreed. We arrive 4:20pm at the counter, the time we produced our passport and have us sign it did take another 10 plus minutes. We returned 7:57, the attendant said 37 minutes late we need to pay another 57.50 Durham. They were quite unpleasant I will never leave my belongings again.

F
7:22 am EST

Abu Dhabi International Airport I am not on loaded to airline because of transit visa

Hi,

I was having a flight from baku to abudhabi on 10th november through wizz air (5w7016) and then on layover of 1:10 hour abudhabi to islamabad through etihad airline (ey233).

I called your customer support as well as etihad air and told them the while scenerio to confirm if i need a visa so i apply for it before my departure but, both said that i do not require a visa because my stay was less than 4hours. On baku airport they did not let me in because of no visa

Desired outcome: My time was wasted i was left unbefriended i lost my money in terms of ticket and the airlines are blaming each other.

U
2:14 am EDT

Abu Dhabi International Airport Lost bag

Good morning, I board Egypt airlines on 19th of August and couldn't get my bag, i filled lost bag form and uptill now now respon and information, am stranded and have exhausted my money as this has affected my aim of tribe and purposes of coming to UAE.

Please i need my bag urgently and compensation for all i have lost.

below is my attached ticket and file file d. My contact are email :[protected]@yahoo.com, phone [protected]

Desired outcome: My bag or it equivalent in money and provide of essential documents

R
7:30 am EDT

Abu Dhabi International Airport Immigration services/ transit visa office procedures

Hello,

This is a very serious concern. Please take it seriously. I have been waiting in the transit visa issuing office for the last 8 hours. I have three kids and wife with me. My 48 hr transit visa apppication was approved on 2/8/22 as per the tracking data but when we came in here it was issued under a different persons name. I have an email addressed to me saying my visa is processed and have all other relaxant documents to confirm that the application was submitted correctly from our end and the issue arises today has nothing to do with us.

We came in here with lot of plans, my kids were eagerly waiting to visit Dubai as we have 19hrs gap between the flights. We have flight to Dublin early morning and we are sitting here for last eight hours with three kids! Unbelievable customer care service! We are frustrated, disappointed and seriously hope someone hear this concern. Our friends were waiting outside to meet us. Our whole day got wasted, we are exhausted. We are extremely unhappy with the services. We need someone to give us an explanation on this. If you had a system issue there should be a way to resolve it, you can blame the system and let us suffer for the whole day. Please can someone reply to this ASAP?

Regards

Roobin Mathews Padipurayil

Desired outcome: Need an explanation and compensation for spoiling our whole day and making us all disappointed and frustrated

N
9:21 pm EDT

Abu Dhabi International Airport Washrooms next to Gate # 9

Just to draw your attention that the today Sunday, May 8, 2022 @ 3:30am the ladies washrooms are too dirty with water on the floor and very bad smell noting that people were preparing for Fajur prayer and it was very annoying and disgusting 😑

Without asking om sure that your cleaning company has been charged, as I'm travelling through Abu Dhabi Airport since 1994 and it is the first time I am facing such issue and un pleasantexperience!

Desired outcome: More supervision on cleaning services company

C
4:24 am EDT

Abu Dhabi International Airport Broken Apple Watch through Security

Friday 29th April @11.10 i passed through AUH airport security terminal 1.

I placed my apple watch inside my LV Neverfull handbag.

The security officer squashed my bag into a small tray. I went through security but had to go into the booth for a check down.

I collected my bag and went to the lounge.

Here i placed my belt back on and l went to place my watch on but it was gone.

A gentleman was there and said if you have lost an apple watch it is at security. I rushed back to claim it and he handed it back to me all smashed as per the photo.

Desired outcome: Compensation for a replacement

A
8:37 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Abu Dhabi International Airport Lost or stolen telephone at transfer security gate

I flew Etihad airlines from Amsterdam to Sydney Australia and had 2 transfer at Abu Dhabi airport. When going through the transfer security gate I Put my phone and carry on bag in a bucket and told staff that the metal detector would go off as I have 3 prosthetic joints. After walking through the security guard was rather abusive and sent me over to 2 women who took me into a room and frisked me. Uponfinding nothing they sent me on my way but I found my carry on bag had been moved to a bench at the end of the other belt and no phone in sight. I was a bit upset being treated the way I was so I grabbed my bag and left in a hurry. I have no idea what they did with my mobile phone. This all occurred on 1st February and I have sent email after email with no response at all. My husband who is in the Netherlands has phoned lost and found on 3 occasions and they placate him saying they will respond but after 3 weeks of no response I just don't know what to do. I sent ALL the information and copy of boarding pass, passport, description of the phone and even the code to unlock the phone but still no response. So all icanthink is that they have stolen it, as it was under their watch while I was sent away by them. Otherwise why wouldn't they respond to emails. I just need to know if it is found or not as I would get it upon my return home to the Netherlands on the 1st March.

Desired outcome: To get a response to the multitude of emails I have sent and the phone calls my husband has made over my "lost" telephone. Have they recovered it or not.

6:32 am EST

Abu Dhabi International Airport Entry update in Abu Dhabi

I travelled from India to Abu Dhabi on dated 15 Aug 2021 along with my two daughters.

I have applied for a residence visa for my daughters but for my one daughter (Dia Gajwani), the system is changing status from evisa to residence visa.

However, for my other daughter (Kia, Passport no. T9240941, EID [protected]), system is not giving the option from evisa to residence visa. It is showing, she is not in UAE. Her passport is stamped on 15 Aug 2021 from India to depart and stamped from UAE Entry on 15 August 2021 (with entry no. 22713). Refer copy of passport and entry stamp from UAE.

Please update you records so a resident visa can be applied.

Desired outcome: Update of entry of my daughter in UAE.

12:28 am EST

Abu Dhabi International Airport airport authorities

I had written below to post on Abu Dhabi airport feed back website which refused to take it.

Me and my wife went to boarding on time, we travelled business class. As business class there was no seperation on the airport as any class was allowed to board the bus to travel. it was cold and we waited for a long time in bus till your staff filled the bus till there was no space to breathe (don't know what happened to social distancing. Driver was driving slow because aircraft was still being cleaned, once we reached there we still had to be in the stuff bus. My wife has claustrophobia of closed stuffy places her heart rate goes up high and possibility of her having a breakdown is high. As we were waiting for the door to open claustrophobia hit her and her heart rate increased, we tried very hard to get attention of the attender who travelled in the bus (he had stepped outside the bus). He refused to listen or acknowledge to us. we kept banging on the door but all we were told was door will not open. My wife just needed some air to breath to get her anxiety and heart rate down. But your staff was insensitive and said later when the door opened "complain to who ever you want to". In total all the drama you guys do about social distancing is false as you don't care before putting everyone in the bus like animals. Secondly you don't even care about someone having a panic attack and anything could've happened. you claim to be International Airport but you do not qualify for even a domestic tag. If your airport does not have policy to take care of medical conditions then your airport deserves to be shut down. As you are danger to the lives of people.

Desired outcome: Penalty should be levied and they have to respond with steps taken to address medical issues

M
11:09 am EDT

Abu Dhabi International Airport Claims!

Hello,

I had a flight from Toronto to Abudhabi with stop over and further to Trivandrum after few days. One of my baggage found damaged and another one couldn't recover during my three days stay in Abudhabi.

I received the lost baggage in Trivandrum after my landing.

I reported in the lost and found complaint section with Abudhabi Airport.

I couldn't fly back in time because of Corona issues.

I am back in Toronto at this time and seeking your assistance to claim for the damaged baggage and other expenses due to delayed baggage.

Madhavan Vasudev

[protected]@hotmail.com

D
5:12 am EDT

Abu Dhabi International Airport auh security transit terminal 3

It has now been 20 days since my trolley disappeared at transit security terminal 3 . As the trolley cannot be found in Lost and Found then I'm sorry but the only other people who could have it are security staff. I would like to look at the CCTV for 04/09 from 00.30 - 02.00 am terminal 3. I was stopped by security and was taken to be searched in a cabin and this is when the trolley went missing. We did not notice at that moment and went to our gate. When we realised and went back the case was nowhere to be found.

I live in Italy so I can't fly over to check the CCTV . I want to report this incident to the Abu Dhabi police as theft ( and I see from the internet that other passengers have also had items stolen at AUH security). I would like compensation for the items lost since they were all presents from out trip to Tokyo. Lost and Found have the details.
I would not expect this to happen at ABU DHABI airport since people there are usually honest so I am very disappointed.
Daksha

Read full review of Abu Dhabi International Airport and 1 comment
1 comment
paddurani
Jacksonville, US
Nov 21, 2021 7:58 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Pure harassment by security guy

The security guy at Abu Dhabi was terrible and simply rude. Never in the past had such a bad experience. While coming from India to USA, had to go thru security which was perfectly fine with me. My hand luggage went thru the camera, and I was stopped by the security people becos of my bangles the alarm beeped. Was told to remove my bangles which I could not. He would not listen to me. He said stand aside and called for the next passenger to go thru. Upon asking how long do I stand? All he said was "I DONOT WANT TO TALK TO YOU. JUST STAND ASIDE". Go there. Very rude and mean to a female passenger who has done wrong by NOT able to remove my bangles. I was very stressed as I had no document on me stranded on one side while my documents with my handbag went thru the other side. Upon asking few more times, each time he would give me the same answer, he finally said go to the next gate, the person was not as bad as this 1st security guy. I tried to remove my bangles in front of him and he finally saw me struggling and said go the female security person over there. There were 3 female security people chatting with behind curtain. Finally an Indian person from security came over and took me to the female person who did the check up and let me go. This could have been done the 1st time with out creating an unpleasant experience /moment which left me with a bad taste and lost the faith at Abu Dhabi security people. What could have been solved in a minute without any harassment and create stress to himself and the passengers. I have to think twice before travelling by Ethihad in future . This was a pure harassment. The security people at gate had to show off their power and misuse it unfortunately. Hope an action will be taken against him. Unfortunately i did not take down his name. But if you can go over and watch the security camera, one can see the entire episode and can figure out who the person was. I travelled on 17th November from Hyderabad to Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi to JFK/NY from gate 60-61. My flight to NY was at 9.35AM, Flight #EY101. They have opened the gates for immigration at 5.30AM. First Chicago passengers were asked to go thru the security, then a little later, passengers for NY and others were asked to go thru security. Once can see the CCTV camera from 6AM to 8.30AM to see the entire episode of this harassment. VERY DISAPPOINTED CUSTOMER.

Padmaja Rani

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Abu Dhabi International Airport contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Abu Dhabi International Airport?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Abu Dhabi International Airport Customer Service. Initial Abu Dhabi International Airport complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Abu Dhabi International Airport above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Abu Dhabi International Airport. Discuss the issues you have had with Abu Dhabi International Airport and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.