Abans.comhp-15-da2014-laptop intel 15/10th gen/8gb ram

R Dec 21, 2020

We, Udanga Paranavidhana and Rangi Paranavidhana purchased a laptop that cost us Rs.122, 990/- for our children for their school work, on the 27th of June 2020 through Abans online. It was delivered on the 06th of July. By the 12th of November 2020, it stopped working and was taken to the branch at Kandy City Centre. From there, they said there is nothing they can do about it and we were told to hand it over to the repair centre, which we did on the same day. We had to call daily and ask them what's wrong with it but the only answer we got was that they were 'still checking'. FInally they said it was a problem with the motherboard. Then we called the hotline, they asked us to collect it from the repair centre and hand it over to the KCC branch, that was on the 23rd of November 2020. Since we were facing so much difficulty with no way of doing online work of school we went to the repair centre, collected it from there and took it KCC branch. At KCC branch I was asked for the box that they delivered the laptop in since it was useless after it was delivered, I said I have thrown it away. Then I was told till I bring a cardboard box they will not be able to send it to Colombo for repairs. Please do feel free to confirm this from the Manager Thusitha of KCC Abans branch. I went to town and brought cardboard, bubble wrap and sellotape, please do confirm this as well as I'm sure you have CCTV in the showroom. We complained about it to the hotline (Asiri Dayarathne handled the call) and the KCC branch manager apologized. Even after the repairs, it wasn't delivered to us, we were asked to come to the KCC branch to collect it on the 9th of December. By then, our kids didn't have the laptop for nearly a month. I asked them for a detailed description of the repairs they had done as I have a right to know what they had done to actually repair it. We have lost faith as to whether they had repaired it at all. But I wasn't given any information. Two days after it was brought home, we realized that there is a connection problem. Unless the laptop is within a 2m radius, it doesn't connect to the wifi. This problem arose when we got it back from repairs. As we thought it might be a problem with the wifi router, we checked it. We found nothing wrong with it as the other devices worked perfectly. We're tired of the whole repairing process and we cannot rely on it. Sending it for repairs again within 5 months of purchase is absurd and very unfair on us as we have already settled the payments. We do not want a replacement by your company as your company has proved to be unreliable. Therefore kindly collect your item and refund our payment as you have caused us more than enough trouble during this difficult period of time.

Our details are as follows
Address - 47/16, Gemunu Mawatha, Aruppola, Kandy.
Phone - +[protected]