Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Unsolicited Phone Calls 800Notes.com Ficticious slander for business and personal phone numbers

800Notes.com - Ficticious slander for business and personal phone numbers

M
Author of the complaint
9:23 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am a victim of abuse from members of 800notes and write this review as a warning to anyone with a phone listing. As many of us know there is a big problem with scams, telemarketing and other unwanted calls. Many people turn to the internet as a means to find who may have called them.

There are numerous 'Phone Directory' sites listing visitor's reports from various types of calls. One of these sites, 800notes, had a number i recognised with incorrect calls reported for scams. Under this number's thread there were several different reports of scams, some stating they called and got a "number not in service' or the caller wouldn't give them any information about the company. All were false, as it was my brother's number who uses it for emergencies only and no one has called it for several years.

When contacting 800notes thru their "Contact Us" link, I explained how the reports for our number could only be fakes and please remove those false reports. I left an email address, but there was never any reply. I even tried reaching out thru the Number's thread only to be attacked by members, calling me a shill and using very rude behavior. They didn't verify anything, but they pretended they did and accused me of being a scamer attemptung to do 'damage control', whatever that was supposed to mean. They claimed the number was all over the internet as a scam number. I could not find anything other than what was on 800notes website.

While it is a known fact that scammers use business numbers and fake numbers to hide their true CID, by "spoofing", BUT real people reporting calls would not claim they called this number back and talked to someone, as there are no phone records of an incoming call for 28 months on our number. After explaining this, our posts about it were removed (Post pending moderator approval), then a few hours later deleted completely. The fake posts remained.

I wasn't able to get a screen shot before they deleted my posts, so i decided to research this site and write this review/report. While visiting that site, I witnessed a similar issue another person was having and took a screenshot of the behavior of the members at that site. Looking around the site at random numbers, I found a pattern of behavior these members trend there. They encourage people to report negative calls, but discourage any positive reports, calling them a shill and ganging up on them, with several other members like bullies in an alley.

I've seen posts were they advise people they dont have to pay a debt collector or worry about any debt, because nobody can legally do anything about it. This is a very deceptive website and I have to wonder how many Companies lose business because of the false/ misleading information these people project about their number to unsuspecting visitors, without validating any information from the reports posted. They will claim they cant be resposible because they have a "legal safe harbor' and you wont be able to legally force them to remove false postings.

I took a few screenshots of various "bullies" to illustrate my findings there. There are many more, but I dont wish to over burden Ripoff.com with a gallery of images. I did a search for 'Reviews for 800notes' and found some interesting to read. You should go check to see if your number(s) have been posted to be certain business is not being diverted away from you by misleading false posts!

View 0 more photos

800Notes.com - Unfair Administration
1 comments
J
Nov 22, 2016 9:23 am

The people running that site are nothing more than your basic internet trolls. They found a place they could sign up and have the whole place as their personal playground. Its supposed to be a 'Phone Directory', but instead they dictate it as a call complaint site. That would be fine, but why advertise it as a directory where you can find out about a business phone owner? Says it right on their homepage and theres no reason to attack unsuspecting visitors.
Heres a website someone made that is a collection of the cyber bully activity of their moderators actions and a makes fun of them too. 800nuts.000webhostapp.com

0 0
ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

18 complaints